Your age or older

Options

Replies

• misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    my husband is 4 years older than me and acts about 10 years younger.
    I don't think it's the actual age, i think it's the maturity levels that should balance.

I love my husband,
    but if i found myself single I would look for someone a little closer to me maturity wise because it's tough always being the practical one.
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    I am 25...i CANNOT be with anyone younger than me..not even by months. As for older...that doesnt matter to me how old someone is (as long as they can't be my dads age or grandpa lol) I dont know what it is but I just cant do younger! lol
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Why is younger not an option?

While I have an absolute appreciation for some of the men I know who are younger than I am, I just don’t find that I’m attracted to them. I’m not really sure why. Most of them are either overly shy or overly cocky, I very rarely meet one that has that easiness.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I would NEVER date anyone younger than me or my own age. I have always been like this- I like them older :wink:

My husband is 7 years my senior and I wouldnt have it any other way!
  • Kilter
    Kilter Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm only 3 years older than my wonderful girlfriend. She often tells me I'm the youngest guy (relative to her age) that she's ever dated. Of course she also thinks I'm as immature as a 16 year old boy most of the time too :) I wouldn't change a thing.
  • toddlyons
    toddlyons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My husband is 8 years older than me. Doesn't matter much since he has the maturity of a 12-year-old. :wink:

Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuch! Did you see that uppercut? And he's down on the mat, ladies and gentlemen. The ref is counting and it doesn't look like he's getting up this time. 8....9.... 10!

And that's the match. A victory by knockout in the first round.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    My hubby is 5 years older than me.
  • ljholmann
    Options
    I am 35 and my husband is 3 years younger than me. My first husband was 4 years older. To me it doesn't matter as long as we are compatible and can relate.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    My husband is 16 yrs older than me....I don't think age difference really matters....as long as you love each other and are happy....go for it!!!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Why is younger not an option?

I would probably find myself going for a man 10 or more years older than I am, maybe my own age, and definitely not younger. I don’t know what it is, but I think that in men of a certain age there is a maturity and easy self-confidence that only time and experience brings.
    ... OP
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    My husband is 8 years older than me. Doesn't matter much since he has the maturity of a 12-year-old. :wink:

Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuch! Did you see that uppercut? And he's down on the mat, ladies and gentlemen. The ref is counting and it doesn't look like he's getting up this time. 8....9.... 10!

And that's the match. A victory by knockout in the first round.

Mine too. But that's one of many reasons I love him :heart:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Never say never. Age and maturity rarely go hand in hand. I dated a guy 13 years older than me for YEARS, and my husband who is 6.5 years younger is WAY more mature and has his act more together than the older guy. It just depends on the specific person. Age is just a number!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Im 19 and i tend to for lads a few years older than me.. I dont know why but i guess i just feel safer with someone a little older. =/ . when i was 17 i dated a 29 year old!! Soo 12 years older! Was the biggest mistake of my life, and i wouldnt ever go back to an age gap like that! Especially as i was soo young, i got taken advantaged of quite a bit, soo i had to end the relationship.
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My husband is 9 months younger than I am. He calls me his "cougar". hahaha

I was also married to a man who was 12 years older than I was (I was 45 at the time). He couldn't keep up with me and it would have only gotten worse.

I agree, younger is where it's at for the keeping up reason!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I'm an equal opportunity employer....

I've dated them all.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, I don't date younger guys and I tend to date guys 5-10 years older than me.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number.
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    My husband is 11 months younger than I am and when we met I thought he was much younger, so much so I almost refused to date him. We've been together going on 6 years.
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My current husband is 6 years older than me, my last husband was 11 years older than me. I have dated guys a year younger, 6 years, 11 years and 16 years older than me. Their age does not matter to me as much as how they treat me and their maturity level. Although I wouldn't date a guy a LOT younger than me (10 or more years).
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I've always dated guys that were 2-5 years older than me... Oddly enough, my husband is younger than me... By 1 month!!! LOL.. He calls me a cougar.. My birthday is in Feb and his is in March...