What's the difference between Diet Coke, and Coca Cola Zero?

Options
2»

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Not to mention the acidity of oranges, grapefruits, lemons, limes, apples, raspberries, cranberries, beer, wine, cherries, mustard and bananas... All of which are as acidic or more acidic than the average can of soda.
  • azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke is supposed to taste like Pepsi
    Coke Zero is supposed to taste like Coca Cola

or at least that's what the rumor mill says.

Actually, Diet Coke is based on the formula for New Coke...
  • RedRage00
    RedRage00 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr. Pepper FTW!
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Coke zero tastes better and has less calories
    Oh yeah!! I'm a big fan of Coke Zero!!
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Coke zero tastes better and has less calories
    Oh yeah!! I'm a big fan of Coke Zero!!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Arrrgh.. had a long response typed out and the website ate it.

Trust me and take it from a food scientist.. absolutely NOTHING in food is harmful for you. All ingredients used in food manufacturing have a plant or food origin.. sometimes it is just easier to create them from a chemical reaction than isolate them from the plant product but it is the EXACT same. People don't freak out about alginate in a vegetable, but good lord don't put it in my cake icing even though it is a NATURAL thickener.

Tabloid science drives me up a damn wall.

To the OP, the only difference is flavor profile.. i don't even know why Diet Coke is still on the market but I guess some people like it.
  • KCrandi
    KCrandi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person that thinks diet coke is better? I don't even really associate it with regular coke to be honest, its definitely an acquired taste.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Arrrgh.. had a long response typed out and the website ate it.

Trust me and take it from a food scientist.. absolutely NOTHING in food is harmful for you. All ingredients used in food manufacturing have a plant or food origin.. sometimes it is just easier to create them from a chemical reaction than isolate them from the plant product but it is the EXACT same. People don't freak out about alginate in a vegetable, but good lord don't put it in my cake icing even though it is a NATURAL thickener.

Tabloid science drives me up a damn wall.

To the OP, the only difference is flavor profile.. i don't even know why Diet Coke is still on the market but I guess some people like it.

YAY for logic! Don't you know how terrible aspartame is? It turns into formaldehyde when you digest it! That's bad! The formaldehyde in the apple is good, though... :wink:
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I think diet coke is awful. I hate how it tastes. Coke Zero is okay, but if I'm going to have soda, I'm just going to have regular soda. I'm sure none of it is that great for you, I'd rather just have the good stuff when I'm going to have it!
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero tastes terrible! I prefer Diet Coke, but I limit myself to one or two a week 'cause it triggers my appetite.
  • SaraWojcik19
    SaraWojcik19 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am not a scientist or a doctor so I will not speculate regarding what is good or bad.
    What I will share with you is my experience with Coke.
    I used to drink 2-3 Diet Coke's per day. I'd hear someone pop the top and my mouth would salivate for a Diet Coke. I felt 100% addicted to Diet Coke. I finally decided to go all out and eat a super clean, super healthy, always fresh diet. As part of this I 100% eliminated soda of all kinds. I eliminated artificial sweetner of all kinds. What I found out from this is that when I eliminated all of the artifical sweetners from my life, I stopped craving soda and sweets like I used to. I started using Stevia, the Sweetleaf brand (ingredients: fiber, Stevia). I now drink green tea with Sweetleaf stevia or I drink water. I have lost 20 pounds. When I take so much as a sip of soda now my face puckers and I wash it down with water. It just isn't the same.
    I hope that was helpful =)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke comes in a silver can. Coke Zero comes in a black can. Neither has calories. They taste slightly different. That's it.

NEITHER OF THEM IS BAD FOR YOU, NO MATTER HOW MANY OF THEM YOU DRINK.