what you guys doing about xmas?

Options
13»

Replies

• Usbornegal
    Usbornegal Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    What worked well for me on Thanksgiving and our family Christmas was to figure out with the menu ahead of time what to have. I entered in the food, and amount and total to give myself a good idea of how much I could have of the foods I liked, then stuck with it. This was successful.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Eating what I want and compensating with exercise! I plan on doing the exercise before I eat though, and at least trying to plan the meal / portions. Drunk and stuffed full is the ideal situation to say "I'll do it tomorrow"...:laugh:
  • capergal
    capergal Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am leaving tomorrow to spend the holidays with my sister. I changed my calorie goal to only lose a half a pound a week because I know my sister and I will have a few nights with wine in the hot tub. I will walk everyday and still track what I eat, but will enjoy myself the days surrounding Christmas and try not to worry about going over my calories. I will go back to a pound a week after New Years and plan on starting the 30 day shred. Christmas is a time to enjoy yourself and I see nothing wrong with giving yourself a few treats....just don't go overboard (and if you do don't stress, just get back with the program the next day)

Enjoy your holidays everyone!
  • christ4life63
    christ4life63 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys are all doing well. I do cheat on weekends. and for Christmas Day, to be honest with you, I will eat what I normally do for Christmas Day, I'm not going to watch my calories for that day, but I will have to do more walking the following day and so on.
    Happy Holiday to everyone, and so proud of you all.:flowerforyou:
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    No, x-mas day will be a total food orgy.
    If I can keep things under 10,000 calories, I consider it a good effort.....lol

Exactly my thoughts! One day, balls to the wall!!!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing I did for T-day. I'm going to enjoy food and family and not worry about it because I work my *kitten* off everyday and one day won't kill me or set me back so far that I can't make it up.
  • jgoatgirl
    jgoatgirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am being careful about the portions of sweet things I eat and making sure to log the calories. I feel like telling myself "no" is negative, but I feel really fantastic if I have a half portion of a sweetie and have enough will power to have that be enough. This is really challenging right now at work because all of our clients are giving us sweet things as presents, as I type this there is a mountain of calorie laden delicious things behind me. My goal for the day is to make it until close and then reward myself right before I go home, IF I really need to, maybe I won't even want anything.
    Right now I have my house stocked completely full of already cut up veggies and fruits with no other tempting snack foods like chips, cookies or pop corn, so when I come home from a holiday party a little intoxicated I'll snack on healthy things instead of wolfing down carbs. This plan worked wonders last night.
    Christmas day I plan on doing the same thing I did for Thanksgiving and going ahead and logging how much food I can eat the day before. I stuck to this really well on Thanksgiving, and all you have to do is remember to log the "bad" foods but still have then fit into your day.
  • exiledforestfan
    Options
    I am having off the diet days on Xmas day and boxing day, new years eve and day. I will log stuff but I know I will be over but it is not like I will eat like that everyday. I plan to try and go to the gym when it is open and try and offset my increased calorie intake over the next 2 weeks.

Good luck to e drone in what ever you choose to do.
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I dont celebrate it so its just another day to me. Thank goodness!! I cant handle big parties without glutenting myself.....
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I am going to eat exactly what I want on Christmas Day, and not feel a single bit of guilt. I will be enjoying my time with my family, and one day of indulgence isn't going to derail me.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I've been over eating all week, ya know... For practice.
  • nyy03
    nyy03 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I am going to eat exactly what I want on Christmas Day, and not feel a single bit of guilt. I will be enjoying my time with my family, and one day of indulgence isn't going to derail me.
    This. You're not going to gain back all your hard work over just a few days. Enjoy. The more you worry about it, the less you'll enjoy.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I heard that you can choose to either snack on hors d'oeuvres or have dessert, but you shouldn't do both. Granted, this is a blanket guideline. I'm planning to fill up on veggies, but not deny myself tasty stuff at meals. Helloooo rack of lamb! I'll skip dessert. OR, have some, but only if I can conceive of it being the absolute best cookie/piece of pie or cake/egg nog/etc. in the whole entire world.

I'm also going to try to not eat if I'm drinking, because that's just a horrible recipe for a bloaty hangover. :(
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start now and log everything for Xmas Eve dinner since I know what the menu is. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, cranberry salad, spiced peaches and a sliver of huckleberry pie. As long as I'm good and just have 1/4 cup portions of stuffing and potatoes, I'm guessing the meal will be around 500-700 calories. I'll have to eat light during the day, as in very light.

Then again, after reading some of the other posts here, I might just shuck it all and eat whatever I want - and take the day off from logging! That sounds like more fun : )
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I've been over eating all week, ya know... For practice.
    hahaha I love this!
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I am going to eat and drink until my belly hurts....no logging!
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I plan to log, exercise, and stay within my allotted calories every day except Christmas Day. On Christmas Day, I may or may not get in some exercise. I'll just kind of play it by ear and see if I feel like it. No logging though, and I plan to eat whatever and as much as I want. On December 26, it's back to business as usual.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Probably not. I don't usually eat much more during the holidays than any other day so I am not going to worry about it :)