Anyone not female here?

Options
As fun as it is having a bunch of cheerleaders supporting you, are there any guys out there???

I'm from Cambridge and started using this thing about a month or so ago. Looking to drop around 20kgs in total, and am about 12kg off my target at the moment. Not really that bothered about weight though, just want to get a better physique and improve my rowing.

Add me if you're in the same boat and need the occasional kick up the *kitten* to keep you on track.

I don't want to discriminate though, so anyone else reading this feel free to add me too. Sharing is caring and all that. :-)

ps- this seemed a much less weird way of finding other guys on here.

Replies

• jlfox165
    Options
    I'm not a female. I joined about a month ago and have made some good friends. Been to the message boards a few times (those can be treacherous waters at times) to comment and post. I'm looking to shed about 60 more pounds (lost 17 so far). You can call on me for support if you want. Good luck in achieving your goals!
  • _onYxx_
    _onYxx_ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was kind of wondering the same thing! Sorta seemed like I'd walked into a Curves Fitness or something, ha. The icon for the app seems a bit effeminate, too. But hey, the tools seem to work way better than others I have used so I think I'll stick around.

Best wishes for success!
  • jasjames81
    Options
    NOT FEMALE HERE. I have a good bit I want to lose. I have lost ten pounds so far by excersing and eating better. Easing my way back into running. I am not obese but over weight no doubt just trying to live healthy. To many people have health problems that could have been avoided by better choices. I am trying to not be one of those people.
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have several guys on my friends list. So yes there are guys here, even if the majority are female (like me)
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy.

Oh, crap, nevermind.

Over and out.
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    <- XY here
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    funny thing about mfp, when you're a girl tons of guys 'friend' you...when you're a guy, not so much! lol

But yeah, there are quite a few guys around here
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Yep, plenty of guys, dudes, men, boys who shave, and other general male type people on here.
  • jmvh59
    jmvh59 Posts: 97
    Options
    I am definitely not female! I'll be your friend if you like...

At age 35 and just over 300 lbs, I made it my 2011 New Year's resolution to join the local rugby club. I have never played any organized sports in my life, unless you count the time I joined track to use the weight room my junior year of high school. I've played 23 matches this past year, not including playing in a seven's tournament.

I've been on MFP for almost two months and am down about 15-20 lbs so far. I want to lose weight so I can have more endurance and run faster. Also, I want to look great in my underwear again!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    guy here..
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm packin'. Holla.
  • shawnkturner
    shawnkturner Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm not female! this does seem to be a little female orientated so good to see there are blokes representing! only been on here for a week but i used it for a month back in the summer. I'm about 125Kg at 6"3. Got a large frame so i know i'm never going to be thin. just want to get rid of the love handles and moobs so when me and my fience finally get married my wedding photo's look good! 100Kg and i'll be happy with myself.

Good luck, to you all

Shawnkturner
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    There are a good few men on here but they tend to be more silent lol, feel free to add me as a friend if you need a fellow man to aid in your fat loss journey I have been at this for about a year now.
  • jmvh59
    jmvh59 Posts: 97
    Options
    funny thing about mfp, when you're a girl tons of guys 'friend' you...when you're a guy, not so much! lol

But yeah, there are quite a few guys around here

I'd say! Holy overflowing friends list on your profile!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Hey I got a log of BUFF man friends. They're all over the forums. You hit the right forums and you find em'. LOL
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Welcome and yes, there is much male support here.

I hear you too; it gets shrill in the estrogen echo chamber at times when I need an objective kick in the pants.
    Not all ladies are like that, and you'll meet some great folks here.

Again, welcome - friend request sent!
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't have a penis. But don't worry, I don't want to be your friend. I've got enough friends to be not supportive of :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • samwelli
    Options
    male here with two kids who needed to feel healthier to make sure he was around to watch his kids grow up. lost almost 20kg since March
  • Runner_mick
    Runner_mick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't have a penis. But don't worry, I don't want to be your friend. I've got enough friends to be not supportive of :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Hahaha I like that :)