How often do you weigh in?

Replies

• lostemt76
    lostemt76 Posts: 136 Member
    everyday it keeps me on the straight and narrow
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Recently, every day, but I only log my weight if I lose because it fluctuates. Also, I must weight the same weight 2 days in a row first thing in the morning for me to feel secure enough to log it! That's just me

This! I'm obsessed and it helps me to stay on track. Although, I must admit, sometimes I get disappointed.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,900 Member
    once or twice a month, I used to weigh in more when I was trying to lose though :flowerforyou:
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Every day.

I am into tracking trends - not making weight on some magic day.
    Somebody suggested that I should weigh only one time per week, and I found myself going out and running before "weigh-in"; it was absurd.

I went back to daily weigh-in in the morning before eating and after a good poo.

I've lost 64 lbs and am about to log in another 1 pound drop sometime between now and Thursday.

LOVE IT!
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Every few days, but I only log it every week or two.
  • I am also an everyday weigh in gal. Keep myself in check. Record on Fridays.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    I weigh in every sunday morning. i used to do it more but found that it just made me obsessive.
  • cfrances12
    cfrances12 Posts: 6 Member
    :heart: only when i go to the doctor - i've been obsessed before but never enough to buy a scale since i moved out from my parents' over 25 years ago - but i am a real "clothes cincher" that's been my judge of size mostly.
  • KEShikes
    KEShikes Posts: 99 Member
    Almost never, but I should do it more.
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    There are lots of theories and ideas abou weight, weight fluctuations, and weighing ones self - and believe me, I think I have heard them all. Your body fluctuates not only throughout the day, but througout the month - especially if you are a woman. The most logical advice came from a doctor who told me to weigh myself once or twice a week max - choose the day, choose the time, and be consistent. For example, I weigh myself every Monday and Thursday. I weigh myself when I wake up, after I use the restroom, before I shower. I always have the same thing on - nothing. How much more consistent can I get? Ilog every time I step on the scale.
    If I get on more often it can often be self defeating, less often I give myself permission to cheat. Mondays helps me be good over the weekend. Thursdays helps me see how I did during the week.
    Whatever you do, consistency is your key!
    Good Luck
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,078 Member
    I used to weight myself every day or once a week, but i stopped since my weight is always between 168-175.
    It Hasn't changed in months, maybe longer but i feel I look leaner.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Every day.

I am into tracking trends - not making weight on some magic day.
    Somebody suggested that I should weigh only one time per week, and I found myself going out and running before "weigh-in"; it was absurd.

I went back to daily weigh-in in the morning before eating and after a good poo.

I've lost 64 lbs and am about to log in another 1 pound drop sometime between now and Thursday.

LOVE IT!

LOL SAME! I love pooing now because I know the morning weigh-in the next day will be lower!

I often post about weird trends in my daily weight and people tend to mistake that as me freaking out over not losing weight. Granted I did have a melt down two weeks ago but that was because I was starting to let myself go.
  • cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    47 times a day, I weigh in every morning. I also sometimes weigh several times a day if I have a goal I'm trying to reach. I know thats not good tho
  • tjpinch
    tjpinch Posts: 87 Member
    Friday mornings. Any more than that is counterproductive for me.
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    1st of every month (: been doing it that way for awhile and it works for me.
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    everyday and I only post if I lose..... works for me
  • I weight in every morning after rr and then no clothes to get your accurate weight. I go from 130-135. Im in my range. I believe if thats what you want to do then do it. No one has the right to tell you not to weigh in everyday that is your CHOICE... Ive talked to trainers and they say once a week blah blah blah.. I dont believe in that. all though my journey I have done the samething and it doesnt make a difference if you do or dont..

Susie
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    I weigh everyday, but I don't freak out if I go up a pound or two in one day because I know that I'm doing everything right and usually every 3 days I go down to a smaller weight.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    I weigh everyday, but I don't freak out if I go up a pound or two in one day because I know that I'm doing everything right and usually every 3 days I go down to a smaller weight.
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Once a week. :)