2012 366 Push-up challenge

Options

Replies

• rhaya96
    rhaya96 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 100 pushup challenge now but this sounds fun too. I'm in. Add me if you like. I will definitely need the encouragement. I HATE pushups! Lol
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Bump.

I would like to no longer be doing knee or wall push ups by the end of 2012...can't do a toe pushup to save my freakin life...yet.

Try spreading your feet to distribute your weight as you improve move them closer together. Also you can start out at an incline on a couch, chair(s), or counter to move some of your weight off your chest.
  • half_marathon
    half_marathon Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm also in! I'm sooooo bad in push ups!! :S
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Or I could do 7 sets of 60 now and have 420!....lol
  • 0RESET0
    0RESET0 Posts: 128
    Options
    I am changing from a splits workout to a 5x5 workout on Jan2. I was thinking that it would be pretty light for the first couple weeks since I am starting at square one and only lifting the 45lb bar. I think having these push ups in there will keep me from regressing on my lifts. My only problem is that at my weight, a push up is the same as me benching 200lbs. I can do 5-7 depending on the day. My 5x5 routine involves adding 5 lbs every time I do an exercise so this falls right in line.

Kinda like that Greek dude that started carrying a newborn calf. As the calf grew, he got stronger. He could eventually carry a full grown bull.
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm in, feel free to add me =)
  • PepeGreggerton
    Options

If anyone can do it I know you can!
  • PepeGreggerton
    Options
    Once you reach 100, do all the pushups have to be done consecutively or can they be done cumulatively throughout the day?

The idea is to do as many as you can consecutively, but it can be time consuming so do what works for you.
  • caaustin
    Options
    I'm in the "can't do a push-up to save my life" boat, so I'm in.
  • PepeGreggerton
    Options
    I am changing from a splits workout to a 5x5 workout on Jan2. I was thinking that it would be pretty light for the first couple weeks since I am starting at square one and only lifting the 45lb bar. I think having these push ups in there will keep me from regressing on my lifts. My only problem is that at my weight, a push up is the same as me benching 200lbs. I can do 5-7 depending on the day. My 5x5 routine involves adding 5 lbs every time I do an exercise so this falls right in line.

Kinda like that Greek dude that started carrying a newborn calf. As the calf grew, he got stronger. He could eventually carry a full grown bull.

Exactly like that, progressive resistance training.
  • PetersonMatthew
    Options
    Sounds awesome, Im in
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,243 Member
    Options

Then put your feet up on a bench and do them that way. Or work on doing planche pushups. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyuJ3T0sQ88 If you can do that with them, then you are really badass.
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    That is A LOT of push-ups, but what the heck, I'm in!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    That is crazy!! But call me crazy, I'm in!:noway:
  • kellydavis827
    Options
    I'm in too. I might start out with Girl Push-ups though. It's the best I can do.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun. I was up to 309 during P90X Chest n Back. That's 309 pushups in an hour. That was fun.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options

Ok, you're crazy! What? She said call her crazy so I did. I always do what women tell me to. I stay out of trouble that way.