Need Protein Bars Suggestions!

Options
Hello All,

I was wondering what protein bars you have tried, which are great, which are not so great etc.

Thanks so much in advance

Replies

• stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

I was wondering what protein bars you have tried, which are great, which are not so great etc.

Thanks so much in advance
  • kmlatimer
    Options
    Luna chocolate peppermint stick. Really tastes good and only 180 calories.
  • Luko
    Luko Posts: 2
    Options
    Vanilla crisp powerbars are delicious. I used to eat them everyday for breakfast or a snack.

I don't eat them anymore due to me changing my diet up so I can lose weight faster.
  • rstehwien
    Options
    Detour bars won 2008 bar of the year (http://www.detourbar.com/). They are quite tasty and have a wide variety to suit different goals. I personally like the Lean Muscle if I want more protein than carb or the oatmeal if I want more carb than protein - both have low sugar and relatively low fat and a good amount of fiber (the oatmeal having a bunch). All hard qualities to find in a bar.

ZeroImpact bars are also good (not as good tasting) as they are supposed to have low impact on blood sugar good protein and fiber counts but are higher in fat than Detour. http://www.vpxsports.com/sports-nutrition-supplements/muscle-building/zero-impact-mrb.aspx
  • getfitwithangela
    getfitwithangela Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Those sound great! Thanks :happy:
  • colliertoys
    Options
    I love and eat everyday the Apex Breakfast Square- Iced Oatmeal Cinnamin Roll Bar.
    Lots of protein and tastes very good.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    It isn't a protein bar but I like the fibre 1 chocolate bars It keeps me full until lunch for only 160 cals
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and an apple :wink: I just can't stomach the protein bars :noway:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I love all the LUNA bars....yummy! They are great to keep in the car and grab when I'm hungry
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Luna Caramel Nut Brownie or Clif Maple Nut

Yum
  • colliertoys
    Options
    Also Apex makes a Caramel Peanut Butter Cookie that is awesome. 160 calories, 6 fat, and 12 protein. Very good.
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    South Beach bars, cinnamon/raisin-140 cals, 10 g protein, taste good!!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    pure protein and balance bars
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    :smooched: Thanks Everyone!!!!!

Here in Canada we don't seem to have as much choice as the states! However

Thanks for all your suggestions.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Clif bars, any and all.

NUM num num num
  • maree
    maree Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ProMax Double Chocolate Fudge bar!!!! They are delicious....like eating a brownie. I can only find them at Trader Joes though.
  • ronkswife2000
    ronkswife2000 Posts: 176
    Options
    The special K protein bars are the only bars I've tried and they're all pretty good... however everyone on this thread seems to like the luna protein bars so I'm going to give that a try! Have a great weekend everyone!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for a meal replacement or just a snack? That has alot to do with the options as well-
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    We have the Clif, Luna, Promax and Power bars here in Canada. I started buying the Equate no name brand from Walmart and they are good, only $1.47 each and it's a 24g protein bar with 300 cals so a big snack/ partial meal replacement, tastes good too.
    Clif bars taste great, Luna bars are okay, Promax are gross and I haven't tried a Power bar.
  • fiddlechic
    fiddlechic Posts: 196
    Options
    atkins marshmallow mudslide bar yum! or the think thin brand.