What's your favorite QUOTE?

Options

Replies

• Hayesgang
    Options
    Keep doin what you're doin - you'll keep gettin what you got.

Change occurs when the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain of change.
  • jad54
    jad54 Posts: 192
    Options
    "I'm not addicted to cocaine, I just like the way it smells" - Richard Pryor.

"Cocaine is a helluva drug!"

- Rick James ("Bit*h")

""You know what dog food tastes like? Do ya? It tastes just like it smells... delicious."

- Tyrone Biggums
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    "Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you might look back and realize they were the big things." ~ Robert Brault
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    you were born an original, dont die a copy.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    "All Is Possible" - Bill Fitzpatrick - Investment Guru
    I love this expression and have adopted it as my life motto.

It's his way of telling us that when you set goals, write a plan to take action, then get to work and stay motivated, all shall be possible for YOU!

Great way to live.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Some people want things to happen, some wish they would happen and others make it happen - michael jordan
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    From Star Trek:
    "do or do not, their is no try"- dumbledore to Frodo.

Fanning the nerd-flames, I see
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    'life is what happens while you are busy making other plans' (forgot who originally said this, but John Lennon made it famous!)
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    "I do not trust sane people" Lyle Alzado

"Good, Better, Best never let it rest, till your good is better and your better is your best" I have no idea who came up with it but I credit it tpo my mother.

"You can not fly with the egales if you are going to hoot with the owls" My boss in high school
  • villeneuve
    Options
    "Black is the new black; Food is for the weak; and inner beauty for the uglies."
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    "Too much is never not enough" - Monster Garage
  • RobMacca1
    RobMacca1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    1.Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.

2. If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.

3. The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.

4. It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

5. He that is down needs fear no fall.

6. The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one.

7. Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.

8. You are never a loser until you quit trying

9. It isn’t about how hard you hit it’s about how hard you get hit and keep moving forward

10. Winners never quit and quitters never win

11. Don’t kid the man in the mirror because when all is done, the man in the mirror is the only one you must answer too

12. The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender

13. You can't make a great play unless you do it first in practice.

14. Sometimes it is more important to discover what one cannot do than what one can do.

15. Face your difficulties and acknowledge them. But do not let them master you.

16. You have respect until you abuse it

17. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate but that we are powerful beyond measure

18. We were all meant to shine as children, as we let our own light shine we unconsciously let others shine around us

19. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that others wont feel insecure around you, we were all meant to shine as children not just in some of us its in everyone as we let our own light shine we give other people permission to do the same as we are free from our own fear our presence automatically allows others to be too.

20. Just because you deserve something doesn’t mean your going to get it given to you.

21. You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.

22. I am not in this world to live up to other people's expectations, nor do I feel that the world must live up to mine.

23. Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.

24. Its not the years in the life it’s the life in the years

25. Nobody can do everything but everyone can do something

26. I cant isn’t a reason to give up it’s a reason to try harder

27. Team work makes the dream work
    28. you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have
    29. An athlete oftens has more skill than he will ever use but his fear of failing locks him into his performance cage
    30. Winners don’t wait for chances….. they take them
    31. Life isn’t about finding yourself its about creating yourself
    32. We can work to make ourselves miserable or work to make ourselves strong the workload is exactly the same
    33.A positive attitude may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth while
    34. If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change
    35. "Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want the most!"
    36. Self control is knowing you can but deciding you wont
    37. The mind like a parachute, functions far better when open
    38. If you are going through hell, keep going!
    39. You miss 100 percent of the shots u never take
    40. Don’t be pushed by your problems but be led by your dreams
    41. the difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You mess with a bull, you get the horns.

and

Either you deal with what is the reality, or you can be sure that the reality is going to deal with you.
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    "The ultimate test of man's conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard."
    - Gaylord Nelson, former governor of Wisconsin, founder of Earth Day
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    "Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place"

--John Bender

"And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand.
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In nomine Patri.
    Et Fili.
    Spiritus Sancti."

--Boondock Saints
  • jo2907
    jo2907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    my favourie is ....One Life, One Chance

I dont know where it's from, a fomer co worker had it as a tattoo, i have liked it ever since!
  • bmxpop
    bmxpop Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You don't stop playing when you grow old....You grow old when you stop playing!!!

(I'm a 50 year old BMX bicycle racer!!)
  • boneyEm
    Options
    Miss Piggy- never eatmmore than you can lift
  • boneyEm
    Options
    You can't exercise by sight because your sight will make you quit. You need to exercise by faith.”Billy Blanks"
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. - Aristotle
    ~
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.
    ~
    In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.
    ~
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    ~
    "Faith is the refusal to panic."
    ~
    I wake up each morning,
    determined to change the world
    and also to have one hell of a good time.
    Sometimes that makes planning the day a little difficult. - E.B. White
    ~
    "It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit." -George Sheehan