PET PEEVES?!

Options
miss_kisha
miss_kisha Posts: 74 Member
It can be amazingly cathartic to get out your pet peeves! What are yours? I'll start, one of many is - When you use the last of the toilet tissue on the roll, why go through the trouble of pulling out a new one and leaving it on the counter in the bathroom? Is it so difficult to put a new one on????

Replies

• Ashalena
    Ashalena Posts: 162
    Options
    hahaha! I JUST had this argument!
    My solution, I'm hiding all of the TP in my house from now on. This is one of my biggest ones!

Second: chewing with your mouth open, lip smacking...my goodness I can't handle that
  • vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    It can be amazingly cathartic to get out your pet peeves! What are yours? I'll start, one of many is - When you use the last of the toilet tissue on the roll, why go through the trouble of pulling out a new one and leaving it on the counter in the bathroom? Is it so difficult to put a new one on????

^^this^^

AND when people do not return text messages or phone calls that are specifically requesting an answer to a question or at the very least a return acknowledgement. How rude are people these days that they just ignore messages and never get back to you? At my job (and my previous job) I would have been fired for ignoring messages!!
  • StephanieDJL
    StephanieDJL Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Oh lawd, don't get me started lmao!

- using something (especially if it's mine) & not putting it back
    - bad grammar/spelling
    - eating with your mouth open/talking whilst chewing
    - interrupting
    - people with no manners
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I can't stand it when the toilet paper is put on under and not over. I can't help myself, I change it to the RIGHT WAY no matter where I see it. It's an obsession.
  • miss_kisha
    Options
    AND when people do not return text messages or phone calls that are specifically requesting an answer to a question or at the very least a return acknowledgement. How rude are people these days that they just ignore messages and never get back to you? At my job (and my previous job) I would have been fired for ignoring messages!!

Or you call someone and instead of calling back they text you? I had too much to text in the first place, that's why I CALLED instead of texting - HELLLLOOO!!!! :explode:
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    Stupid people
  • miss_kisha
    Options
    Oh lawd, don't get me started lmao!

- using something (especially if it's mine) & not putting it back
    - bad grammar/spelling
    - eating with your mouth open/talking whilst chewing
    - interrupting
    - people with no manners

-Oh you just reminded me! When someone tries to squeeze past you in a crowded shopping aisle or whatever instead of just saying "excuse me"
    -not saying "thank you" when you hold the door open for someone
    -not holding the door for someone when you know they are coming in right behind you
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    caps lock
  • JPsFunkyMojo
    Options
    I second the toilet paper! And when it gets put on backwards, forget about it.
    ~I frequently get road rage, especially when people "creep" at red lights. Seriously, where the hell are you trying to go?
    ~Disposable straws in the sink. No idea why, but it bugs the crap out of me.
    ~People who eat with their mouths open. It's so rude!!! Same goes with noisy eaters.
    ~If you tell me you're going to do something, you better do it. It fustrates me to no end if you say you're going to do something, but I end up doing it because you've "haven't had time", yet you can watch television...
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    :angry: The condition that people leave public restrooms!!!! YICK! Is it so hard to FLUSH a toilet? Is it difficult to AIM for the toilet....LADIES!!!!? Toilet paper all over the floor, etc. It's just plain gross, people are nasty. :explode:
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    procrastinators! Lazy people, last minute people... i ran out of time can you help me out people...

And the people at my work that take the water i bring in and drink all of it and act like it magically disappeared.. my *kitten* it disappeared!
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Other people talking about their pet peeves is my pet peeve!!

whine_adp.png
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Know it all people who tell you how to do something, yet they've never done it.
  • miss_kisha
    Options
    Stupid people

yes, and even worse are stupid people that think they are smart and that YOU are stupid
  • msbobbitx
    msbobbitx Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    LOL...good one!

Here's the short list (I could be here all day):

Use your blinkers, people. They are there for a reason.

Tip your waitstaff. Don't blame your waiter for the food quality. He's just the delivery-guy.

Don't ask me my opinion if you are going to tell me it's wrong. Opinions can't be wrong. They're OPINIONS!!!

Do what you say you are going to do. If you say you are going to be somewhere, be there. If you say you are going to call someone, call them. If you say you are going to take out the trash, do it!!

:drinker:
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is based on how tragically poor my family is. My mom & other relatives & I all use prepaid cell phones. Buy minutes as you go etc. So, not only does it cost to send a text, it costs to read one as well. My pet peeve is when I ask my mom something like "I'll stop by the store and pick up bread on the way home since we're out". Then instead of that being good enough, she has to send me a text saying "Ok". AGHGHGHHGHGHGHGGGGGG! I always assume that it's ok unless otherwise noted. I don't need to have her waste a text sending "Ok" and me waist a text reading "Ok" because I knew it was ok to begin with!
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I have a couple co workers that talk to themselves-they are very intellegent as well- but they talk under their breath so that you never know what they are saying and it drives me insane!!
  • khotch1
    khotch1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm sure we all have MANY!!! I can not stand rude people especially if they think they're not rude! Thank you and you're welcome should be part of EVERYONE's vocabulary.
  • msbobbitx
    msbobbitx Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Repeated sniffling. If your nose it running, get a tissue! My husband does this, especially when I'm trying to sleep, and it makes me insane.