What's your favorite QUOTE?

Options

Replies

• Spruillie03
    Spruillie03 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    "We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?" - Marianne Williamson

Also:
    "I'm pretty sure that with a cape and a pretty tiara, I can change the world."
  • greg331
    Options
    "When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the best twenty pounds we have; the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love, our honesty." - Woody Allen
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    maybe if more women would sit down, and be a lady, then more men would stand up, and be a gentleman.. lol
  • PauliesGettingFit
    Options
    The darkest hour is always before dawn - Paulo Coelho (author)
  • cfergy
    cfergy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Loving this topic. a lot of great quotes.
    I like " What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • ladyprofaz
    Options
    To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill. -Sun Tzu
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    the early bird catches the worm

:smile:
    but the second mouse gets the cheese.. :wink:
  • cfergy
    cfergy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Okay, I couldn't post just one so here are a couple more for ya:

There can be no progress without struggle- Frederick Douglass

People are like stained glass windows, they sparkle and shine when the sun is out but when darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within -Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step- Lao Txu

Sometimes it lasts in love and sometimes it hurts instead -Adele
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Ideal man ( six foot tall and six foot under .)

"" live and let live "'
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind". ~ Dr. Seuss
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    choose what you love, then love what you choose. ?
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    "Success is not a race, be patient and you will see results"
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    "A woman is like a tea bag ~ You don't know how strong she is until you put her in hot water! "
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    "faith is the bird that feels the light yet sings while the dawn is still dark"
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    well my favorite quote i've read today is

"I want to climb you like a tree"
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    "It's better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not." Not sure who said it, I've heard a lot of people quoting it including Kurt Cobain and Peter Steele
    I want to get a few phrases tattooed on me, they would be:
    "And all our yesterdays lighted fools the way to dusty death." William Shakspeare
    "I don't care to know the hour, 'cause it's passing anyway" Tomorrow is Today-Billy Joel
    (In Swedish) "In death, there is life" from a Meshuggah song
    "To set your mind free, you must first just listen. Don't waste your life on worthless hate and contradiction" A Future Uncertain-Nevermore
  • Nutmeg90795
    Nutmeg90795 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    “I’m wishing he could see that music lives. Forever. That it’s stronger than death. Stronger than time. And that its strength holds you together when nothing else can.”

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson

“People say I make strange choices, but they’re not strange for me. My sickness is that I’m fascinated by human behavior, by what’s underneath the surface, by the worlds inside people.” — Johnny Depp

“I’m intimidated by the fear of being average.”

“Real life is a funny thing you know.
    In real life saying the right thing, at the right moment is beyond crucial.
    So crucial in fact, that most of us start to hesitate, for fear of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.
    But lately what I’ve began to fear more than that, is letting the moment pass with saying anything.
    I think you deserved to look back on your life without this chorus of resounding voices saying, I could of but it’s too late now.
    So there’s a time for silent, and there a time for waiting your turn. But if you know how you feel, and you so clearly know what you need to say.
    You’ll know it.
    I don’t think you should wait.
    I think you should speak now.”
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Never Flinch, Never Weary, Never Despair ~ Winston Churchill
  • monalisa401
    monalisa401 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    "There is no such thing as IMPOSSIBLE, because the word itself says I'M POSSIBLE." - Katherine Hepburn

"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." - George S. Patton, U.S. Army General, 1912 Olympian
  • 38Gigi38
    38Gigi38 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    "We make our fate every day we live." ~Henry Miller~

"A tragedy need not have blood and death; it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy". ~Jean Racine~

"Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety or the handle of faith." ~Henry Ward Beecher~