How did you and your partner meet?

Options

Replies

• Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I was in the middle of being depressed from a break up of a 3 year relationship. He was in grad school with my roommate. She invited him and his friend to come out with a bunch of our friends one night for bowling and beers. I didnt pay much attention to him that night, but he told his friend then he was going to date me. backed off for awhile because he knew I wasnt ready, and a few months later started pursing me, and managed to sweep me off my feet.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    I met her at work. Isn't she beautiful?

d4f07342.jpg
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    My partner moved into the apartment next door to me :)
    ( so i am the "girl next door")

we bumped into each other in the corridor one night (he says it was love at first sight)
    Later that night we had drinks with friends

...caught up again that weekend, was b/f & g/f within a week, engaged in 3 months, now 3 years and getting married in Bali, Indonesia next year

:)
    LOVE IT!
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    He was checking me out at the grocery store. Literally he was my checker and asked if I wanted to go to a Journey concert with him in a couple days.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

d4f07342.jpg

*wipes tea off my laptop screen*

Damn you, SSR!
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options

*wipes tea off my laptop screen*

Damn you, SSR!
    So sorry!
  • moosenbratsmommy
    Options
    age 10: he was best friends with my uncle
    age 13: i was best friends with his sister
    age 14: he lived with us after having issues at home (to me he was just another guy- no crush)
    age 15-23: saw him rarely- maybe 2 times a year
    age 29: visited his sister- hadn't seen him for at least 6 years and thought he was HOT!!!! after a couple of weeks of showing interest, he fell in love (hahaha- i still laugh- it was like 2 or 3 weeks after our 1st kiss when he admitted it)

he also admitted that when he was living with us, he had a huge crush on me... i told him that's flattering and creepy all at the same time
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    We met in a car club. I was a member of a local F-Body (Camaro and Firebird/Trans Am) club with my Camaro. My husband's room mate had a Trans Am and husband used to tag along with him to the meetings and to race nights at the local track. My club mates and I used to think it was funny that a Mustang man was hanging out with the F-Body crowd, but I guess he had ulterior motives.
  • getupkid4uga
    Options
    Online, although we had some mutual aquaintences already.

Wish my first post wasn't so boring, but hey, whatevs.
  • RobMacca1
    RobMacca1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    she is the mum of one of my junior football players...... she was dropping him at training one day, 2 years on...
  • cmhickey616
    cmhickey616 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend in eighth grade during our "dance unit" in PE. We were forced to be partners and he couldn't spin me because I was 5'6" and he was 4'11" :) We became friends after that and started dating in high school. We've been together for 6 years now, but have been best friends for 10 years. O p.s. he is taller now and can spin me haha
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I had to stop at this cute little rest stop off I-70. As soon as it came through the hole in the wall I knew I was in love. The rest as they say was history
  • kysassyblonde1
    Options
    met my husband in a yahoo chat room. I had just came out of a bad 14 yr marriage and wasnt looking for anything serious. Something about him I would tell myself each date was the last date and he just wouldnt give up.....6 proposals before I said yes and he just never gave up...we married June of 07 and I have never been happier!!! He is the love of my life and I am a lucky woman that he didnt give up!!!
  • CariBeth1978
    CariBeth1978 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I went to a little country bar and met eyes with this really cute bouncer...... Spark huge spark.... I ran back to introduce myself..... His pick up line "If you want to go behind the bar and have *** it's ok with me" I said no and we started dating two days later moved in a week later exspecting 3 months later married 10 months later... Oh and 11 years later we are still in love!:love::flowerforyou: :blushing: :tongue:
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    We met at a movie theatre when my friend brought him along, I was all "gooey" about him at first sight :laugh: . We're eachothers first significant other and been together for just over 7 years :heart: I love him very much :smile:
  • MrsLawsonNavyBrat2B
    Options
    That is an awesome story!!

My hubby and I met in high school and he liked me a lot but i was dating a real jerk at the time. After the jerk broke up with me we all graduated high school and he asked me out that following summer (july 09). We got engaged NOV 23, 2010 and were married April 14th, 2011 =D Be married for 8 months now <3<3
  • littleenginethatcan
    Options
    We met on a plane in 2004. After we landed and unloaded (I waited to be last-as I had a sleeping two year old) he surprised me at the gate inside, helped me with my things, found flight info, and then gave me his email. I decided to email him a few days later, and it was the best decision I ever made. We had a long distance relationship for almost a year before he asked me to move in with him. In two days, we will celebrate our seven year wedding Anniversary!
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Work, but don't tell anyone ;)
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    We were both in AP US History together! He sat behind me so we were partnered together a lot during classwork.

Been together ever since! :)