How did you and your partner meet?

Options

Replies

• MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    High school sweethearts - been married 31 1/2 years.
  • ivansmomma
    Options
    We met at Dover AFB in Delaware. We were both separated at the time, and it was one of those love at first sight!! Been together for 34 years, married for 31. Yes, sometimes "love is lovelier the second time around". For all of you younger folks, that was a popular song way back in the dark ages lol!!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I was digging this guy in another department. I was too nervous to talk to him. I randomly decided to say hi to someone else on his team.

That someone else is now my boyfriend. :)

Turns out he's the most amazing man I've ever met.
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    LoL... 6 years ago and 2 months... we met each other in the same class of our MSc.
    We helped each other on the first semester exams and since then we are together!...
    It was an interesting way of studying electronic physics!

Two geeks met each other... hahahaha
  • entranced
    Options
    Haven't found him yet...
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    I wrote JD a message on POF saying that I wasn't looking for anything serious, just some 'fun' one night a week (if you catch my drift). We're both single parents, and I was still healing from an awful divorce. We met for coffee and I thought "wow, this guy is relationship material", so I blew him off because I knew I wasn't ready for that. I ended up dating a "Mr. Wrong" for 8 months, dumped his sorry *kitten*, and then I waited a few months before writing JD to ask if he was still single. He was.

I went over, made him dinner and well.....we've been together since. Just over a year, and going very strong :)

We tell people we met at the grocery store to ward of more questions.... lol
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    We met at a mutual friend's HS graduation party, and really hit it off. After the party we went to a movie together. We had a little falling-out but started dating a year or so later. Been together 4 years!
  • jlowensby
    Options
    in a bar :)....he walked in my mouth dropped and I shot the pool ball off the table...married 11 years now and been together 15 years :)
  • hperowl
    hperowl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I picked him up in a bar. He was leaning on the counter ordering drinks, I told him he had a nice *kitten* and the rest is history. 15 years and 4 kids later we're still happily married and he still has a nice *kitten*:devil:
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Match.com -- just had our one year anniversary in August. We chatted and talked so much before we met that I was already in love with him.
  • Bochka
    Bochka Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    We met at the mall where I worked back during summer break. Got married 5 month later and we've been happily married for 8 years.
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Options
    I lived across the street from mine. He was dating a friend of mine when they broke up we started hanging out and fell in love.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I came late to the Facebook-party and when i made my profile in 2008, the first people I reconnected with were friends from middle school. I've always had more male than female friends and I met up with two of them to go to the movies. Guy x and I it it off and had lunch once or twice after that. 2 weekends later he was driving up to north Florida to collect his things from his college apartment to move back home for the summer and invited me to come up for the weekend and hang out- you know, beer pong, video games, etc. I was alone that weekend with nothing to do so I figured i'd go. So I met him up there and that day I met Jon, his roommate. Well, come to find out, Jon's not stupid. He tells me he saw me and thought I was ridiculously hot (his words, not mine) and so went up to guy x and said, "I know you're just trying to get laid and I actually want a relationship so it's game on." HAHA! The first thing he did that hooked me was he sat down on the couch across from me and proceeded to discuss politics and religion (we're on the same page with both it turned out). He appealed to my mind and damn, I fell hard! :P Of course, guy x did just want booty and I just don't sleep with you on the first date. Period. I just don't. We had a little make out session, fell asleep, and he was completely disinterested in the morning. However, I couldn't have cared less as Jon was still there- with his tattoos, interesting opinions, his hotness (yes i still think he's just plain hot!), and his sweet attitude. He made sure i "added" him on Facebook before he left for work and I left for south Florida. We talked every day for at least 4 hours over the internet and phone. I was infatuated, giddy, and I swear to this day I fell in love with him the day we met. I made the same trip back up to his apartment, much as I did for guy x, and had what are still the most magical 3 days of my life. We've been together since the day we met, but officially since 06/09/2008. He proposed on 09/09/2009. Three and a half years later and he drives me batty every day and i love him more and more every day. :heart: :smooched: :heart:
  • koylefam
    koylefam Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    we grew up 4 miles from eachother and never knew it... even went to highschool together but his birthday missed the deadline so I was a grade ahead of him. we met at a co-ed volleyball game.. I was playing, with a big black brace on my knee. Had my knee rebuilt 2 months prior (dang mechanical bull).. that caught his eye.. and 6 months later we were married. 8 years now
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    On 82nd Avenue... (No, I really WAS on my way home from church - and he on his way home from work!) Guy driving too slow for my liking smiled the most gorgeous smile, and I was gone! 5 weeks later we were engaged, and married just over 8 months after meeting. Now, 25 years and two kids later...his smile STILL does it to me!

12029845.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I was living with 4 other people and he was really good friends with all of my roommates. we generally had a weekly party and Id see him every thursday (the party night), and i liked him. i let him know that i liked him and we began casually "dating" for 3 months, and after 3 months he said he thought he was ready to give us a real try, and weve been together ever since. 2 years of being a couple, plus the 3 months.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    we grew up 4 miles from eachother and never knew it... even went to highschool together but his birthday missed the deadline so I was a grade ahead of him. we met at a co-ed volleyball game.. I was playing, with a big black brace on my knee. Had my knee rebuilt 2 months prior (dang mechanical bull).. that caught his eye.. and 6 months later we were married. 8 years now

great story! We grew up 4.5 miles from each other, attended the same schools and parties, had the same best friends...and we never crossed paths, from middle school to high school! It was well into college :)
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    We worked together :)
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    We worked together at a grocery store.
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    We met at a pool hall. I was dating a guy he went to high school with and ended up falling for him.