What's on your menu for Christmas??!!

Options

Replies

• healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve at Mom and Dad's-
    -Ham, lasagna, roasted root veggies, coleslaw, rolls. Desserts will be traditional Czech stuff like kolachki, poopockie (that is how you say it, I have no idea how to really spell it. They are these lovely yeasty rolls soaked in poppyseeds and condensed milk), and of course MY BIRTHDAY CAKE, yes my birthday is actually on Christmas Day!

Christmas Day at our home-
    -Standing Rib Roast, garlic mashed potatos,brussel sprouts, gravy, rolls, egg nog and MORE BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!!

and of course, homemade Christmas cookies all weekend!!!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve

Tamales
    Albondigas
    quac
    chips
    salsa

Christmas Morn:

strata

Christmas Dinner:

Prime rib
    potatoes
    green beans
    mushrooms
    salad

and lots of wine!!!!!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve at my parents (brothers, nieces and nephews)
    Ham and various side dishes, chips, cheeseballs and such. Trying to see if my husband's friend is cooking tamales. She makes the best.

Christmas Day, we have dinner at our house with my parents. My brothers go to their inlaws and such. My inlaws are in Mexico, so that is not an option, so we have my parents over for dinner. We have roasted duck, scalloped potatoes, lima beans and pie.
  • sweets2001
    Options
    After presents are opened we have overnight blueberry french toast. The adults have mimosas and the kids have oj. Then there are various appetizers throughout the day (pigs in a blanket, stuffed mushrooms, shrimp cocktail, beer bread with spinach dip. Dinner usually consists of Ham, garlic mashed potatoes, honey glazed baby carrots, yeast rolls and key lime cheesecake for dessert.
  • wren176
    wren176 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Christmas Dinner in the South

Honey glazed ham
    Roasted turkey
    Homemade cranberry sauce
    Hashbrown casserole
    Mashed potatoes/gravy
    Broccoli with garlic cashew sauce
    Sweet potato casserole
    glazed carrots
    Cornbread dressing
    green bean bundles
    deviled eggs
    oreo pie
    homemade rolls
    lots of homemade chocolates- my favorite is turtles!
    banana pudding
    apple/cherry pie
    fruit salad
    pumpkin roll

There should be about 25 of us at my parents for Christmas dinner and I can't wait to see everyone!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    To Start
    Crusty Italian Semolina Dinner Rolls
    with Herbed Olive Oil for Dipping

Appetizer
    Puff Pastry Stuffed with Mild Italian Sausage, Parmesan Cheese, Fresh Parsley,
    Breadcrumb and Baked

Salad
    Fresh Greens with Grilled Pear, Spicy Roasted Pecans, Stilton Bleu Cheese Crumbles
    and our Fresh House Vinaigrette

Entree
    Roasted Prime Rib Encrusted with Pink and Green Peppercorns and Served with a Cabernet Pan Sauce

Vegetable
    Steamed Asparagus with a Touch of Butter,
    Salt and Pepper

Starch
    Thinly Sliced Scalloped Potatoes Baked with Cream,
    Asiago Cheese and Fresh Sage

Dessert
    Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Whipped Cream
    and Shaved Chocolate

and a bottle of cabernet.
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Being Italian, we have what's called 'feast of the seven fishes.' So much seafood! I love it!
  • ajball90
    ajball90 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Christmas morning - eggs, ham, hashbrowns, tomato, avocado etc

Christmas lunch - ham, prawns, chicken, greek salad, cabbage salad, fruit...yummm

Christmas dinner - nothing, too full!
  • haldeman5
    haldeman5 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Beef Tenderloin w/ roasted shallot and bacon wine reduction
    twice baked potatoes
    asparagus w/ hollandaise sauce
    yorkshire pudding

chocolate molten lava cakes with ice cream and caramel sauce
    chocolate kahlua pecan pie
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Probably diet soda and popcorn, same as any other day. Feel free to invite me to your house! :bigsmile:
  • imalikat2
    imalikat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    One of my MFP friends asked what's on our menu for Christmas dinner and I thought, what a great topic. Depending upon where you live you may have a different tradition or types of food other than the usual turkey dinner.

I love our Christmas dinner... we have rib roast, yorkshire pudding, fresh veggies, mashed potatoes and some type of decadent homemade dessert.

So... what's on your Christmas menu??

I must correct my menu.... It's prime rib for dinner, not just a rib roast! Hubby wants creme brulee, I'm thinking of homemade cheesecake... who knows, maybe both
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Ponche
    Pozole
    Bunuelos
    Atole
    Churros
    Capirotada
    Gelatina con rompope
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve - Lasagna (I make)
    Christmas Day - Roast Beef, Baked Potato, veggies (At brother-In-Laws)
    I'll be making Pecan Pie and Chocolate Pudding Pie
    and I'll get Lobster for Lobster salad rolls
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Roast turkey, potato salad, mashed potatoes, mixed cooked greens (turnip/collard/kale), green beans, mixed fruit ,butterscotch pie---in moderation for me
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm having turkey with my hubbys family,they are Salvadorian,and use different seasonings that are so yummy! N my family is Mexican,so my mom makes tamales with rice and really fatty foods! So im in for a treat!
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Ponche
    Pozole
    Bunuelos
    Atole
    Churros
    Capirotada
    Gelatina con rompope
    Mmmmm my mom makes bunuelos for New years!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Ponche
    Pozole
    Bunuelos
    Atole
    Churros
    Capirotada
    Gelatina con rompope
    Bendito sea Dios.

Also, bunuelos w/o atole would be a crime. :smile:
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    My family does a very traditional Christmas day feast of baked ham, turkey, baked vegetables, yorkshire puddings and gravy, followed by Christmas (plum) pudding and custard. It makes no sense at all in the 40C (>100F) heat of a typical Perth Christmas day, but I love it for the tradition anyway.

An increasing number of Australian families (perhaps most now?) do a cold seafood and salad feast on Christmas instead, often as a picnic on the beach. The seafood shops always have very long queues on Christmas Eve as people prepare for the day.

And it's quite common to do a "Christmas in July" as well, to enjoy all that hot roast food in winter.
  • morrishem
    Options
    Turkey, stuffing, whipped potatos with butter and cream, turnip, carrotts, quash with butter...this works out to just under 1000 cals! Add the apple crisp, ice cream, baileys and whipped cream and you have just over 1300!!! And I am gonna eat it all:) Could probably cut back on the portions a bit...and I am probably counting more for the potatos than i will actually eat...whatever, its chritsmas!
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve Dinner;
    -Spaghetti with clam sauce
    -Scallops
    -Fried Sole
    -Calamari
    -Shrimp
    -Various deserts

Christmas Day
    -Turkey
    -Sweet Potato pie
    -Salad
    -Various deserts

I miss all the fish we used to have on Christmas eve when we lived closer to family. Shrimp scampi, lobster, linguine with fish sauce, clams oreganato.

Christmas day is usually turkey or filet mignon with scalloped potato, asparagus, stuffed mushrooms, desserts.