Venting....

Options
13»

Replies

• 75lbsless
    75lbsless Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Or the opposite, where they try to sabotage you and telling you that you should eat the bad things that you are trying to avoid!!! that annoys me just as much!

Yes that does suck too
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Some of this can verge on bullying and it does need you to be brave and assertively push back.

Plan a thing to say that you'd be happy saying, then whip it out if you get an unhelpful comment. "Thanks for your input, but I'm fine" or whatever in a firm tone of voice, with a bit of eye contact and a bit of a fake smile. Push back a bit and see how it goes.

If they respond defensively (which they're likely to do) with a "No need to be so sensitive, I was only trying to help!", try repeating the same thing. Hopefully they'll back off when they see you're not easy meat any more. If not, you might need to be a bit more blunt i.e. "I appreciate your concern, but please don't comment on my eating/weight etc. anymore" or whatever you'd be happy saying.

I was bullied during school but I eventually learnt to push back (when appropriate) and avoid ****-heads (when possible). I've been bully-free ever since!
  • 75lbsless
    Options
    How about..."if your advise is so good, why isn't it working for you?" Whether in shape or out, that should give them a complex

Lol I would feel horrible after. I'm way too nice
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I got starred out! :laugh:
  • 75lbsless
    Options
    Some of this can verge on bullying and it does need you to be brave and assertively push back.

Plan a thing to say that you'd be happy saying, then whip it out if you get an unhelpful comment. "Thanks for your input, but I'm fine" or whatever in a firm tone of voice, with a bit of eye contact and a bit of a fake smile. Push back a bit and see how it goes.

If they respond defensively (which they're likely to do) with a "No need to be so sensitive, I was only trying to help!", try repeating the same thing. Hopefully they'll back off when they see you're not easy meat any more. If not, you might need to be a bit more blunt i.e. "I appreciate your concern, but please don't comment on my eating/weight etc. anymore" or whatever you'd be happy saying.

I was bullied during school but I eventually learnt to push back (when appropriate) and avoid ****-heads (when possible). I've been bully-free ever since!

Excellent advice
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Old saying I learned.

"The fatter the people, the freer the advice".

Don't sweat it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • 75lbsless
    Options
    I feel so much better and I'm looking forward to going to work tomorrow :)