What's on your menu for Christmas??!!

Options

Replies

• Malissas
    Malissas Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm also from Perth Australia and Christmas Day (and boxing day) are so very hot!
    We always put on Christmas breakfast with croissants, ham, swiss cheese, scrambled eggs, bacon, ham off the bone, mushrooms, tomatoes, fruit salad, berries, stone fruits, yoghurt, juice, champagne, water.
    We dont have lunch.
    Any usuable leftovers from our combined breakfasts and lunch (from all the extended family) get taken to my grandmothers for dinner. Which is an assortment of ham, chicken, seafood, roast, salads, potato salad, coleslaw, fruit, bread. My grandmother always cuts up a panetone and a fruit cake. She used to make italian meatballs and cutlets but she is 93 now so has warned us that she is too old to do it this year (we'll do it for her as a present - she'll love it :).
    Everything is fresh, not processed and delicious!
  • lynner22
    lynner22 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Top sirloin roast cut into steaks, lobster tail and crab legs. Mashed garlic potatoes and salad.
    .. and of course a decadent chocolate dessert of some kind, or cheesecake. or both.
    Happy holidays everyone :) enjoy your fest no matter what it consists of !!
  • meshellmybell76
    meshellmybell76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'll most likely be snarfing down a yogurt and Luna bar while hiding in a supply closet IF I actually get a chance to run off and take a break while working an 18 hr shift in a dingy old nursing home :sad:
  • ShortayBaybay
    Options
    I just do the family tradition=] We snack all day, and then eat a meal at night. Since I am trying to lose weight,I will not be eating alot of food.

Snacks - Ham and cheese rolls, cheese ball, crackers, carrots, celery, peanut butter, ranch dressing, shrimp, cocktail sauce, tarter sauce.

Drink - 7up/Sherbert punch.

Dinner - Ham, Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, lima beans, mac and cheese, and dinner rolls.

Deserts - Rice Krispie tree, Chocolate chip cookies, mini cupcakes, Sugar cookies, Bon - bons, and oatmeal cookies.

=]
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Lasagna

Garlic Texas Toast w/ Cheese

Salad

Corn

Cheese, Sausage & Crackers

Cheesecake

Wine

Chocolates
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Christmas Day: Pot roast in the slow cooker, with lots of vegetables, and maybe a side of brown rice for the grandchildren. We don't eat appetizers but I may prepare a plate with cherry tomatoes and some cheese (grand kids love this too).

Hawaiian rolls, sparkling apple cider, and homemade strawberry lemonade, and some wine for my husband, son, and for me. My daughter in law is making some cherry-cheese tarts for dessert and we have European cookies for the kids.

I probably bake some salmon on 12/24; it is just the two of us.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    We're having a nice ribeye roast, green beans sauteed in olive oil with garlic, mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, brussels sprouts, some rolls and a homemade cheesecake with gingerbread cookie crust and a caramelized apple sauce. I'm sure there will be wine and sparkling juices to drink, in addition to water and tea.
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    We have traditional turkey and mashed potatoes Christmas Eve with lots of goodies for snacking. Christmas day Brunch with egg bake muffins fruit cinnamon rolls, then Christmas dinner pork loin cheesy potatoes and pie. Then we get together on Monday with hubby's family and its a potluck of every food you can imagine. All of these have tons of cookies dips and desserts. I will be miserable!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Tofurky roast for me, ham for the fam (maybe chicken too if the mother in law brings it) perogies, cabbage rolls, stuffing, buns, pickles, beets,olives, a few salads of some sort and chocolate cake for dessert. We will also have all the pre junkfood goodies like potato chips, chocolate, etc.
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My inlaws will be cooking their typical heart attack dinner:
    - Prime rib
    - Twice baked potatoes stuffed with copious amounts of butter, sour cream, bacon and cheese
    - Brocolli casserole (brocolli smothered in cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, mayo, and cheese)
    - Salad with bacon and blue cheese
    - Yorkshire pudding cooked in pan drippings
    - Pumpkin cheese cake and ice cream cake for dessert

Since I have suffered through enough holiday dinners with these guys to know that there will be nothing on the menu for me to eat, I'm bringing my own feast:
    - Stuffed portabello mushrooms
    - Wild rice and butternut squash pilaf
    - Salad greens - probably with apples, pecans, pomegranate seeds, balsamic vinagrette
    - Roasted brussel sprouts
    - Something chocolate for dessert

Last year I was miserable - not able to eat anything (not because I was on a diet, but because literally, everything on their "traditional" menu would send me to the hospital with a gall bladder attack.)

This year, I'm going to be bringing my own food and enjoying a dinner I can eat.
  • Kell44
    Kell44 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    chinese take-out! I married into the tradition and kept it after the divorce. Tasty and refreshing after all the heavy, rich foods all month long. And clean-up is a breeze!!
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,307
    Options
    I'm working Christmas Day so I don't know what I will be having....Haven't decided yet but it will be something that I can whip up in a flash......

I drive taxi's and us maxi drivers usually get a short break to have lunch.......
  • kadoodle76
    Options
    Breakfast is cinnamon raisen french toast and cocoa with a candy cane in it :)

While we wait for dinner to cook we drink Wassail and eat sesame crackers with port wine cheese (my mom eats all the black olives and gherkins cuz no one else likes em lol)

Cranberry glazed ham, cresent rolls, pecan sweet taters, green bean cassarole, mashed taters with chives, and stuffing.

I am making cake pops and punkin pie with homemade cinnamon whipped cream for dessert. And I will probably munch on the Lindor Truffles and Ferrero Garden coconuts that I asked for in my stocking :)
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    We have dinner Christmas eve and left overs christmas day.
    We will have ham, homemade noodles, greenbean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, maybe a salad, rolls and two pies probably pumpkin or apple, but definitely pecan ( my favorite). Hubs will have to choose between apple and pumpkin. ;)
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    On Xmas eve day - we don't eat until the "1st star appears in the sky" (Wigilia- Polish)- - with clouds, around 5:30, haha. Around that time everyone is given opłatki (a thin, rectangular wafer - similar to "host" you'd see in church.) The tradition is we go around to everyone in the room, you take a small bit of theirs and they do the same to you and you wish maybe a happy new year, merry xmas, whatever - just some kind of niceties you want to share with them. After all that we have like a zillion trays of pierogi (potato cheese & sweet cheese) some barscz (beet soup), and some sort of fish dish (we don't eat meat on this night.)

On Christmas day it's a free for all - no truly traditional dishes - just a big dinner with the whole fam.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Christmas is at my house this year. I am making baked ham, Pioneer Woman's Potato Gratin (heavenly!), Brussels sprouts, corn (daughter's request), my favorite broccoli salad, rolls, pumpkin pie and snickerdoodles. I may make one more dessert, but don't yet know what. I found a fudge recipe with NUTELLA in it. Not sure I need it, but I definitely want to try it! Oh, and chex mix - yummy! :smile:
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    3 hours of Cardio Dance classes... no rest for my fats. lol

and then... a few sushi...
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Christmas mornining - homemade cheese danish and pumpkin spice pancakes (thats for my son & husband I will be having a shake. and a mimosa or two.

Christmas Day - ham, mashed potatoes with skim milk, green beans, cranberry sauce, cheddar biscuits, lemon meringue pie for desert and wine. I will be participating in dinner just limiting portion size :happy:
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Turkey, roast potatoes, swede, carrots, cauliflower, roast parsnips, pigs in blankets, cranberry sauce and gravy....I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!! :smile: :drinker: