Did You Lose Weight for something or someone?

Options
I know i did I really wanted to look smaller just like everyone in my school.:tongue:

Replies

• virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    For someone...MYSELF!!!! To like myself and feel beautiful!
  • irishdancer23
    irishdancer23 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i'm losing weight for senior prom and graduation...also kind of to prove my parents wrong and be more fit than my friends (they play softball and they are way too fit for their own good :)
  • Eve53
    Eve53 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    As it says in my profile I get really sick of being the odd one out. I feel like I'm such a cute person, but people don't really see it. Also, I really hate that I don't feel like I'm attractive enough for my boyfriend. I know he loves me, and I know he thinks I'm hot, but I have such a hard time feeling it. So, for confidence I guess.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    For myself; I did not want to continue being a fat, unlovable, loathsome slug.
  • nenamartinez
    nenamartinez Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm still in the process of losing weight and I have a long way to go. It's something I've always wanted to do for myself, so, I'm finally doing it.

Also, I'd be lying if I didn't admit I was partially doing it to be more attractive for someone else..
  • littlewords
    Options
    I just wanted to be/look/feel how I used to.
    So for me.

But also for my husband. Not that he asked, but just because.
    And admittedly, to be just as thin or thinner than other people I know, for various reasons.
    It may be a little lame, but...
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    For myself, but my main motivation is my husband. I want to look better when he gets back from his deployment in July:love::flowerforyou:
  • Seraph1120
    Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    For myself. For my health. Both parents are/were diabetics. So are two of my four sisters...and me close to that point. I also have a disk in my neck that loves getting aggravated. 30 lbs ago, it was at least once a week. Now, the neck only gets aggravated once a month, if that. I'm all for Not going back to the "all the time" stage. It's a real pain. =)
  • alapoint89
    Options
    my children and my husband and for my health
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    i always told myself that i could never go to london fat. and year after year i would say that the next year i would go. well, london is still a long ways away but im treating myself to a trip once i hit my goal. i want to be sexy when i go visit my best friend for her birthday! when we met i wasnt overweight but i was still chubby, then during college i visited her and was overweight. now, i want to be skinny so i can go to all the clubs with her and just be able to have fun without spending the whole night thinking im ugly.

edit: i guess i should be clear- my reason is to feel better about myself and be able to move on with my life. the above was just the trigger that got me going lol.
  • dreia801
    Options
    Above all, for myself! I just want to feel confident. Of course I want to look hot for my husband even though I know he thinks I am beautiful now. :)
  • piari
    piari Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    In order to make things easier for my partner in this year's ballet show. It was worth it; we did great!
  • kimricciardi
    Options
    75% so that I could feel more confident with my body. I've never been "huge" per-say, but I've always felt insufficient.
    25% for wrestling. The less I weigh the better I can preform, as i'm wrestling guys with less muscle mass that way.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    for vanity/myself
  • JT1090
    JT1090 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    70% was for myself and my health. The other 30% was for my marriage and husband. I know our time together will be more enjoyable when I have confidence in myself again. I also know that he will enjoy me being slimmer. I want to make him drool lol.
  • gary8964
    Options
    For someone...MYSELF!!!! To like myself and feel beautiful!

What this MFP'er Said!
  • FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    for a healthier me!!!!!!!
  • Mostly for me, but also a little for my boyfriend of 3 yrs.
  • JimieLou
    JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    To be perfectly honest...I've always wanted to lose weight and I'd do well for about a month and then get "bored" with it and go back to my old ways.
    My original motivation this time around was to spite my ex who cheated and then got married a month after he broke up with me.
    However, the more I got into, the more I loved how I felt. It's been an both an emotional and physical journey for me and now, my sole motivation myself. I want to be and do everything I deserve to. My health is also very important to me as I've got all the odds stacked against me with the health issues that run in my family. So, I figure that if I can take control of my weight, maybe my odds again high bp, diabetes and cancer will drop.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    mostly for me, but also for my hubby and future children :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!