Did You Lose Weight for something or someone?

Options
124»

Replies

• MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Nope. I lost weight because I looked and FELT like this...
    REWDSSIDforMFP.jpg
    ...and I simply couldn't live like that anymore.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    for myself
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    When I first started to try a few years ago it was for my bfnd at the time... who said he would marry me if I were skinny, If I lost the other person in my life...(the other person in weight that was attached to my body...) because he wanted a wife he could be attracted too... (umm had some security issues with myself back then to be with such a jerk) I tried.. lost 20 and gained back 20+ (btw that relationship did not last long I ENDED it!)

YEARS later... skip to NOW I am doing it for ME and I feel great... I feel beautiful... I am doing this on my own as in FOR me... and my son! And my current Fiance who loves me the way I am...

So glad I have MFP and all you great folks for support... makes this road we travel so much easier! :D
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I did it for me! Also for my son, because i want to be able to run and play ball with him, not be a mom on the bleachers who cant even get out of her own way.
    Added bonus, my husband and i made a deal that by the time i get to 30lbs, he has to quit smoking. haha! Not why i am losing, but happy that he will finally quit to be more healthy too.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    For health reasons at first. Putting myself first for a change... taking care of my body the way I should have years and years ago.

Now I'm healthy, and just want to be smaller, and more toned. So vanity right now. But I LOVE this new lifestyle I try to lead each day!
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    For my boys. All four of them - my husband (to be a happier me), my almost 4 year old (so we can play), my 6 month old (so we can play), and my dog ('cause he loves going for walks).
    ...the cat? Well, she doesn't care. In fact I think she's opposed to it. She doesn't like having the highest BMI in the house.
  • Ebwash89
    Ebwash89 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Mostly for myself because I wanted to feel better, healthier(I was sick and tired all the time)and fit into the clothes I liked but we all gotta admit that its that part of you that wants to lose weight to show the people who called you fat that you can do it. I literally was laughed at by my fiances side of the family when I would workout or watched what I ate. So when I see them on Christmas its a big part of me that wants to be like HAAA!! And you said I would always be fat and have the last laugh ;-)
  • Zoe2901
    Zoe2901 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    For myself so i feel happier in my own skin but also for my two beautiful boys who deserve the best mummy so im determined to do it for them and i dont want to be the fattest mom at the school gates when they go to school
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I am doing this for me. I want to be healthy and be happy with myself.
    Also of coarse I want to look good for my husband and I want to be good role model for my daughter (she's only 3 but when she grows up I dont want her going where I went)
  • KateEMD
    KateEMD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am trying to just live a healthy lifestyle. My boyfriend and I are trying to loose weight together and it is really nice to have someone to go through the process with. I also want to concentrate on making myself feel good when my job and other things get me down. Jobs come and go but I am always going to be in this body. I might as well love the body I am in.
  • missmarquez2u
    Options
    As it says in my profile I get really sick of being the odd one out. I feel like I'm such a cute person, but people don't really see it. Also, I really hate that I don't feel like I'm attractive enough for my boyfriend. I know he loves me, and I know he thinks I'm hot, but I have such a hard time feeling it. So, for confidence I guess.

1st of all you're beautiful. know how you feel, and where you're coming from . i was you a few year back. same age too.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm losing it for myself. I don't care what anyone thinks of me, besides my kids and husband. But I'm not even doing it for them, I'm doing it for me. This is the one thing in my life I have full control over and It's all about me, this is the one thing in my life I can be selfish about. I'm doing it to feel good, to feel accomplished, and for once in my life I want to be the person who walks in a room and make head's turn, but I want to do that for me to make me feel good :).
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Ultimately it's for me, rubbing my ex(s) face in it also for me.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Sort of. I lost weight to remain healthy, and I wanted to remain healthy so I could continue to be there for my family and enjoy my grandchildren. So it was for me and them.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    For myself -- to be healthier. I had high cholesterol and was borderline diabetic.
    For my daughter -- so I'll be around to be a grandma for her children. Her dad died when she was 9, so I want to be around to see those grandchildren grow up!
    Kaye
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!