Food Weirdness: What's Yours?

Options

Replies

• BRISAjustAltered
    BRISAjustAltered Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I did not come up with this, I was introduced to it by my future sister in law last Christmas when I offered her some left over candy canes.
    So, you take a sour whole pickle, slice a small hole on one side, take a candy cane, the original kind, break off the hook piece after you unwrap it, stick it in the pickle and wait for a minute or so. Bite right into it. The taste is shocking and unbalanced and just so wrong that it's right! I'm hooked on this. As soon as candy canes were at the stores I stocked up. It's just a crazy strong explosion of taste. Everyone should try it just for the heck of it.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I have to have french fries with my chocolate shake.

But if you put pineapple anywhere near my pizza, I'll shoot you.
    Hey!! My food twin!! :)
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Foods may not touch each other on the plate...inless they are fried eggs and then eggs and hash browns are to smashed together. If just eggs by themselves then the yolks are not eaten. Here kitty kitty...Bently likes yoke.

Bacon MUST be floppy/soft....if you are a waitress and bring me bacon that could poke someones eye out...it WILL go back to the kitchen.

No nuts in anything...I like nuts, just not in things...not ice cream, cookies, brownies...I mean nothing. If I find them in something, I either won't eat it or wil pick all the nuts out. Same thing with onions or green peppers.

Those are just some of the high lights...I have TONS of "food rules".
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    i'm with you on the pinneapple on pizza.. eww who does that?!

i don't like texture mixing... ex: berries in my pancakes, chunks in my yougurt

food cannot touch on my plate... again.. the texture thing

I LOVE pineapple on my pizza!:love:
  • 12skipafew99100
    Options
    I did not come up with this, I was introduced to it by my future sister in law last Christmas when I offered her some left over candy canes.
    So, you take a sour whole pickle, slice a small hole on one side, take a candy cane, the original kind, break off the hook piece after you unwrap it, stick it in the pickle and wait for a minute or so. Bite right into it. The taste is shocking and unbalanced and just so wrong that it's right! I'm hooked on this. As soon as candy canes were at the stores I stocked up. It's just a crazy strong explosion of taste. Everyone should try it just for the heck of it.

Keep the hook for a handle. Just kidding............:huh:
  • wittlewacey
    Options
    I have to eat sandwiches in a circular direction, starting with the crust and taking bites until it's not visible anymore. I continue to do this until the very middle is the last bite :)
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options

This sounds so bizarre I am going to try it and I will let you know the outcome.

My weird food things - if you put a smoked oyster on a saltine, and put a dab of regular French's mustard on top - oh, it's so delicious.

Cheez Whiz and pickle sandwiches. Yum.

Eggs are a barely-tolerable food for me. They have to be cooked all the way through - sunny side up eggs are gelatinous mucous to me and I cannot eat them. I can't eat eggs unless they are piping hot as well.
  • 12skipafew99100
    Options
    I love buttered rye or pumpernickle bread with sliced reddishes and a sprinkling of salt. :love: My mom did this all her life. I've never heard of anyone else but I do it now. I crave it!
  • Salamanda425
    Options
    I can't stand multiple textures in food....(I.e. onions in potato salad even though I like both seperately). For this exact reason I can't stand sausage b/c there's always that little hard piece that makes me want to vomit!

Also, I hate yogurt. It's not the taste.....but for some silly reason, I think..."It has live cultures in it...and those bacteria have to expell waste......and that liquidy stuff on the top could just be a bunch of bacteria pee!". Weird enough? lol
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I crave " Edamamè " ... and often get asked " huh ? " ... But, I've been told that my obsession with carrots and peanut butter is a bit odd ... I don't think so, but hey ... to each is own ! :bigsmile:
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    My best friend, however, has to eat her popcorn with a spoon bc she can't stand the salt touching her hands!

This is me!!!! And Flings or Cheese Curls with a fork.. heehee..
  • DevanEve
    DevanEve Posts: 130
    Options
    If I eat a burger I have to put an even number of fries on it that are around the same length. I know. I'm weird...
  • cfergy
    cfergy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I cannot drink milk or V-8 juice from a plastic cup, it HAS to be glass.
    I can drink anything else from plastic cup though.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    My two weirdest are Tequila with a pickle juice chaser and dipping french fries in chocolate milkshakes.
  • TamsinEllis
    Options
    I can't eat pudding with a spoon, it has to be a fork, ice-cream poses a problem most people think, but I just get those wafer cone things that way I don't have to use the spoon.

I can't use my fingers to eat food unless it's crisps/popcorn/nuts or sandwiches, everything else I must use a fork (notice a recurring fork dilemma?) Pizza - fork, chips - fork, soup .. okay I do use a spoon but a soup spoon not a normal spoon. Touching food just tends to gross me out, not cause someones touched it but because whatever's on it ends up on my fingers and for that reason I wash my hands compulsively after eating crisps and such.

And finally pasta, I have to eat each piece of pasta individually, when it comes to pasta bake I sit there for ages just separating all the bits of pasta that have gotten stuck together from the cheese cooking.
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    I can only eat one thing at a time, unless it's pre-mixed together.

Jell-o freaks me out.

I can eat my mom's meatballs, but hate her meatloaf, which is paritcularly odd since they're made from the same recipe.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Hot fruit. Can't stand it. I know it isn't slimy but I think it is. No fruit pies or apple crisp for me.

I like fresh cold fruit.
  • wildcata77
    Options
    My fave late night snack is a slice of cheese (Deli Deluxe or real cheddar from a block) with a glass of OJ.

I didn't get this body by drinking water during my bouts of insomnia, right?
  • RainbowDream83
    Options
    I like dipping my fries in Mayo - HATE Miracle Whip!

Cottage Cheese with a bite of dill pickle lol

I despise cold cheese on a sandwich, but yet I will eat cold cheese on a Ritz Cracker.

My husband tells me I'm so weird about the cold cheese thing lol Sometimes he chases me through the house with his sandwich :laugh:
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I like peanut butter and pickle sammiches

me too! so yummy! but it has to be crunchy pb!