Replies

• Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    hopfully lots of wine!!!! and some rum in my egg nog:drinker:
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    My family and I have:

CHRISTMAS EVE DINNER - this is smoked salmon on toast with horseradish.. MMMMM
    CHRISTMAS MORNING - Whatever sweets and goodies we get from Santa :)
    CHRISTMAS LUNCH - Turkey, Gamon, Peas&Corn, Pumpkin Fritters, Roast Potato, Gravy
    DESSERT - whatever I decide to bring along.

And we snack and drink all day long and play with the kids' new toys :)

Very tiring day actually
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Smoked Turkey courtesy of New Braunfels Smokehouse, spiral sliced ham, green bean casserole, broccoli cheese rice casserole, chicken "giblet" gravy (no actual giblets) olive/pickle tray, angel biscuits, pumpkin pie, pecan pie
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    We do a large picnic on Christmas Eve as well while we watch Scrooge- stuffed jalapenos, chips and guacamole and queso, pork and beef tamales, and a BYO sandwich platter plus lots of drinks of course!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I don't know what's on the menu at my boyfriend's family's house -- he mentioned possibly ham and/or crab cakes..... and at my grandma's house for Christmas eve, probably ham, steamed broccoli, not sure what else.... I know I'm bringing roasted parmesan green beans! YUM! :)
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Chicken and Dumplings, Cucumber Salad, and Mile High Apple Pie! Going to enjoy every single bite too!
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    We're doing it the french way (in england) so will have christmas dinner on the 24th. i'm making -

Smoked salmon on courgette blini’s
    Goat’s cheese and parma ham crostini
    Stilton stuffed mushrooms
    Onion soup with garlic croutons
    Goose with orange stuffing and cranberry sauce
    Garlic and rosemary roast potatoes and parsnips
    Bacon Brussel sprouts
    Red cabbage with apples and walnuts
    Pigs in blanket
    Cheesy broccoli
    Cheesecake

Mince pies and baileys

I'm hungry just thinking about it mmmm i cant wait!!!!!!
  • CharityPearce
    Options
    Christmas Eve is at my M-I-L's this year, and I think she said she's doing bbq ribs and trimmings. Easy enough for me to resist..(thanks m-i-l) - at our house on Christmas our tradition is Cajun boil. My son asked if we were doing it this year and stated emphatically that if we didn't he would be terribly disappointed. So...Cajun boil it is. YUM!!! And i'm allowing myself Christmas day to enjoy whatever dessert I decide to make. Haven't decided what it's going to be yet. But looking forward to it anyway.
  • petitedemoiselle
    petitedemoiselle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    We don't usually do anything special on Christmas Eve for dinner. I try to keep it light since most years I'm up wrapping gifts for family or putting gaming tables/bikes together. This year, we're doing Surf and Turf again, since it was a huge hit. The menu for lunch is mostly finger foods (for the kids).

Lunch - Buttermilk Chicken Fingers, Spicy Cocktail Meatballs, Mini Calzones, Waffle Fries, and a Fruit Tray
    Christmas Dinner - Grilled New York Strip, Grilled Lobster Tails, Shrimp Scampi, Caesar Salad, and Baked Potatoes
    Dessert - Chocolate Cake, a mini Ice Cream Bar, & Jamaican Rum Cake
  • imalikat2
    imalikat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    3 hours of Cardio Dance classes... no rest for my fats. lol

and then... a few sushi...

Now that's one heck of a Christmas menu!!! Good for you!
  • Alishia_655
    Options
    Turkey, Stuffing, Twice baked potatoes, Green bean casserole and some sort of dessert. It is only my husband, my daughter and myself this year :sad:
  • hillybilly007
    Options
    Not to over eat all the delicious food Ha Ha!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    To Start
    Crusty Italian Semolina Dinner Rolls
    with Herbed Olive Oil for Dipping

Appetizer
    Puff Pastry Stuffed with Mild Italian Sausage, Parmesan Cheese, Fresh Parsley,
    Breadcrumb and Baked

Salad
    Fresh Greens with Grilled Pear, Spicy Roasted Pecans, Stilton Bleu Cheese Crumbles
    and our Fresh House Vinaigrette

Entree
    Roasted Prime Rib Encrusted with Pink and Green Peppercorns and Served with a Cabernet Pan Sauce

Vegetable
    Steamed Asparagus with a Touch of Butter,
    Salt and Pepper

Starch
    Thinly Sliced Scalloped Potatoes Baked with Cream,
    Asiago Cheese and Fresh Sage

Dessert
    Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Whipped Cream
    and Shaved Chocolate

and a bottle of cabernet.

OMG, I'm stealing your menu! I picked up a rib roast earlier today to start dry aging in the fridge, but hadn't figured out the rest of the menu yet. Only I will have to do mashed potatoes for my husband - maybe I'll do both. I'd rather have the scalloped potatoes!
  • KeegansMomma
    Options
    NORMALLY, it's the standard turkey and sides OR ham and sides.

This year, we got a pre-cooked ham from Schwans...which we'll eat cold with the other finger foods we're getting (chips/salsa, crackers, veggie tray, maybe a summer sausage, cheese). We decided to go for SUPER easy this year. And we'll be snacking on it all day...so I shouldn't go over my daily calorie allotment. :)
  • ThenTheresChad
    Options
    I think while the families eating, I'm just going to buy a salad & eat that
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I have to work the entire Christmas weekend. What the duce?
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Homemade tamales Christmas Eve.

Christmas Day Dinner I host which will Be traditional. Prime Rib, mashed potatoes, veggies, rolls,...
  • ImJDLookatME
    Options
    I don't do Christmas dinner anymore, so I like to splurge on movie butter popcorn as I am watching a movie at the local theater. My new tradition, been doing it for like the last 4 years! :)
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve:
    Roast pork, apple sauce, salads, christmas pudding, cheesecake

Christmas Morning:
    Frenh toast, croissants, fruit salad

Christmas Lunch:
    Seafood (oysters, prawns, crayfish etc) salads, more christmas pudding

Christmas dinner:
    Several roast meats, salads, veg, and about a dozen desert options

Boxing Day Brunch (day after Christmas):
    Bacon & Eggs, toast, champagne etc, again about a dozen little cakes/deserts.

Then, EXPLODE! :P
  • ricanstace
    Options
    We always have prime rib and crab!!