Movies you love that other people hated

Options

Replies

• Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" is one that I loved and most people have never seen. Coen Brothers movies are usually great.

My husband loves this one....Daughter bought it for him so it gets watched repeatedly.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Boondock Saints, Spaceballs, and Monty Python & The Holy Grail :)

Are you my husband's long lost twin?
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    The Other Guys. I died through the whole movie and my friend could not understand what I was laughing at. One my favorite Will Ferrel movies!
  • kioga86
    kioga86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Caution: entering hipster territory.

"Candy"

You've probably never heard of it, but it is arguably the single best performance ever turned in by Heath Ledger. Very few people I know have ever heard of it, even fewer made it through the whole movie, almost none of those who did actually enjoyed it.

Now leaving hipster territory.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    A Clockwork Orange and 1984 (mainly the book. the book was a lot better)
    Most people don't like them and say they're "confusing." I really thought A Clockwork Orange wasn't confusing at all! 1984, kinda, but still, not really.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Starship Troopers.
  • Nutmeg90795
    Nutmeg90795 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Moulin Rouge and Rocky Horror Picture Show
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    biodome, i cought mad heat for that! lol
  • Julesjhj
    Julesjhj Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    LA Story, Joe vs the Volcano....lol
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    jimmyfoxca: I LOVED horrible bosses but so many people I have mentioned that to have looked at me like I have two heads... what's up with that???

I loved Horrible Bosses too!!! The scene in the coke dealers house was fan-freakin-tastic. I laughed until I had tears and couldnt breathe!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options

"Candy"

You've probably never heard of it, but it is arguably the single best performance ever turned in by Heath Ledger. Very few people I know have ever heard of it, even fewer made it through the whole movie, almost none of those who did actually enjoyed it.

I absolutely LOVED Candy! Heath Ledger was amazing in it! The first time I watched it, I went to bed and watched it again when I woke up. Great movie.
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Strange Wilderness - taking campy to whole new level of repulsive stupidity.
    Idiocracy
    Sin City
    Boondock Saints
    Snatch
    Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels
  • franniek34
    franniek34 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    On my top ten movie list, and haven't seen listed at all, Heathers with very young Wynona Ryder and Christian Slater.

"I've gotta motor if I'm gonna make it to that funeral."

And fav all day misunderstood but classic TV series....Twin Peaks. Could watch nothing else and be completely satisfied with a little Agent Cooper craziness in solving the mysteries surrounding him.
  • mummyv811
    Options
    Layer cake. My friends hated the ending but I thought it was brilliant
    O brother where art thou
    Reservoir dogs
    Blow
    Requiem for a dream
    Not exactly "girl" movies. But I love them!

Requiem for a Dream is AMAZING!!! Haven't seen it for a long time as it does stay with me for quite a while afterwards.

Reservoir Dogs also AWESOME!
  • mummyv811
    Options
    Layer cake. My friends hated the ending but I thought it was brilliant
    O brother where art thou
    Reservoir dogs
    Blow
    Requiem for a dream
    Not exactly "girl" movies. But I love them!

Requiem for a Dream is AMAZING!!! Haven't seen it for a long time as it does stay with me for quite a while afterwards.

Reservoir Dogs also AWESOME!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I have to say that people on this thread appear to hang out with some really thick people... Most of the movies mentioned here are what would be (almost universally) regarded as 'classics'. The Big Lebowski. Clockwork Orange. Requiem. Reservoir Dogs. Eternal Sunshine. Anything by the Coen brothers. etc etc etc. I don't see anything unusual about liking them, and if your friends really don't see them as classics, well, you might want to revise your friends lists!!
  • meerkat70
    Options

"Candy"

Candy is, without question, Ledger's best film. And I loved Geoffrey Rush in it.
  • Strengthforaday
    Options
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and What Dreams May Come

I love these 2 movies but I have yet to find another person who even likes them lol

i love what dreams may come!!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Oh oh, I love Flirting - film from the early 90s with Nicole Kidman, Thandi Newton. Not so much hated as largely obscure. Only me and my sister and my crazy ex boyfriend appear to have ever seen it.
  • meowy12
    meowy12 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Love Watchmen :D