Eggs? Yay or nay?

Options

Replies

• sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I eat 5 egg whites and 1 whole egg everymorning with a slice of GF brown rice bread and a tbsp of natural peanut butter. =] YUMMY!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Eggs are very beneficial and studies show they help you lose weight.

Citation Needed
  • Everything in moderation.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    one egg/week? dear lord, i could never do that *LOL*

i eat eggs like they're going out of style. My cholesterol is 101.

i also eat broccoli. :)

This has me concerned.

You're concerned about my *kitten* aren't you :ohwell:

No, it looks fine. ha ha ha
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs every single day. I <3 eggs.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    one egg a week :noway: :noway: :noway:

lol, I don't like eggs but I eat them regularly for the protein and I stay insanely fulled compared to when I eat other things, but eggies are good for you.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    eggs=yay. Unless you have a problem with cholesterol you should be fine to eat a few eggs everyday.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    eggs are so good for you.

great source of protein.

Keep eating just don't go crazy...everything in moderation.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I eat lots of eggs and have great cholesterol. I say, eat em!!
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Eggs are very beneficial and studies show they help you lose weight.

Citation Needed

Here's and article about one:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/17154.php

Google it there's tons of them.
  • twogoots
    twogoots Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just met with my registered dietitian yesterday and the day 3 meal plan was for 2 eggs or 1/2 cup of egg substitute. . I told her I was an egg lover and she said that is ok because they are a filling protein, but in moderation.
  • nukehiker
    Options
    1 egg a week i would not know what to do !! I normally have 5 egg whites plus 1 egg with the yolk for breakfast.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I did a lot of research on this a few months back.

Your body produces cholesterol in the abscence of dietary cholesterol, but slows or stops production of cholesterol when your diet includes cholesterol, and the cholesterol in eggs is the good kind that we all want more of - HDL.

People who eat eggs for breakfast have been shown in clinical studies to be satiated for a longer period and consume fewer calories at lunch. At the end of the clinical studies, their cholesteral number is lower than it was at the beginning. The only exception to this is persons who have a genetic issue with overproduction of cholesterol.

The yolk of an egg is one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet. It includes certain nutrients that also make the protein in the white more bio-available to your body, so only eating the whites is a waste of nutrients, AND it is robbing you of the most benefit from the whites.

Eat up me hearties yo ho!
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Eggs = om nom nom nom! With gusto...
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Cholesterol is actually a beneficial substance.

From wikipedia: "hormones produced from cholesterol include cortisol, which is involved in regulating blood-sugar levels and defending the body against infection, and aldosterone, which is important for retaining salt and water in the body. The body can even use cholesterol to make a significant amount of vitamin D, the vitamin responsible for strong bones and teeth, when the skin is exposed to sunlight.
    Cholesterol is also used to make bile, a greenish fluid that is produced by the liver and stored in the gallbladder. The body needs bile to digest foods that contain fat. Bile acts as an emulsifier -- it breaks down large globules of fat into smaller particles so they can mix better with the enzymes that digest fat."

I have a cholesterol level that is exactly in the middle of the "healthy" range. And I eat 2-6 eggs per day. Hard-boiled eggs are a great low-cal, low-carb, high-protein snack. Don't be scared of them! They're one of nature's best foods!
  • Linnybear1974
    Options
    I am following a high protein, slow carb diet and I eat 3 eggs every morning. :-)
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    one egg/week? dear lord, i could never do that *LOL*

i eat eggs like they're going out of style. My cholesterol is 101.

i also eat broccoli. :)

This has me concerned.

You're concerned about my *kitten* aren't you :ohwell:

I'm concerned about the fact that you're packing heat!
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I love eggs!!! Eggs, eggs, eggs!!!
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    EGGS (with yolks and all) = YAY!!!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    eat them! Enjoy them! Dietary cholesterol has very little to do with blood cholesterol. Don't worry about eating eggs. :)