oh come on we all want to know

Options

Replies

• 0RESET0
    0RESET0 Posts: 128
    Options
    Of course everyone would like to have that special someone who is physically perfect and gorgeous. In a perfect world....

I would get bored. Perfect is over rated.
  • 0RESET0
    0RESET0 Posts: 128
    Options
    Sorry, double post.
  • nikki91950
    Options
    I'd say start with yourself. People are shallow regardless. Women also say they want one thing, but their actions show that they want something else.

{shrug}

I prefer a woman at the max of her ideal weight to 10-20 lbs over. While fitness models are nice to look at, fitness models are also high maintenance. I really don't have time for high maintenance.

I do not like a woman who is obese. So basically, a little over is my preferred. Super thin, no thanks. Obese... no thanks.

Weight in pounds doesn't correlate to how you look. A 5'7 woman weighing 140 lbs may look awesome to me, and another 5'7 woman weighing 140 lbs next to her may look sloppy. It's a lot in how you carry it too.

why aren't there more guys with this attitude out there?
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Why does it matter "what men want" you to look like? I am sure just like women, all men like a variety and what one man may consider perfect, another may not.

I don't even worry about what my own husband "wants me to look like". Of course, I already know he finds me beautiful and just because he finds another women who looks different than me attractive, I am in no way threatened by that.

My self worth isn't measured by what others think of me.

^ THIS.
    I want to look how I want to look... I don't care what men (or women!) "want me to look like". I am happy with myself and you can take it or leave it lol.
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    My huband and i do this all the time - there's nothing derogatory meant. Being bi-sexual I am always looking at other women and discussing with my husband what I find "hot" compared to what he finds "hot". It makes for fun conversation and harmless chat.

To the OP - what movie were you watching??
    We do this, too, jewel. We play the 'would you' game. I'll ask him if a girl is someone he'd be with and he'll ask me the same question about a woman he sees somewhere. lol For the most part we have the same taste, but a woman's attitude is a factor for me. lol
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    ErinBeth -> this is not a trait that is male-exclusive. Women also tend to want men who are the pinnacles of physical appearance, even if they themselves are not.

I do realize not every man wants a perfect body and there are lots of women who are judgmental as well. It goes both ways.

I was just ranting! Of course everyone would like to have that special someone who is physically perfect and gorgeous. In a perfect world....

No harm. There are a lot of people out there that do hate on the opposite sex for this very thing though, and it's a people-thing. Is also why I want to move to Europe =)
  • auticus
    Options
    I'd say start with yourself. People are shallow regardless. Women also say they want one thing, but their actions show that they want something else.

{shrug}

I prefer a woman at the max of her ideal weight to 10-20 lbs over. While fitness models are nice to look at, fitness models are also high maintenance. I really don't have time for high maintenance.

I do not like a woman who is obese. So basically, a little over is my preferred. Super thin, no thanks. Obese... no thanks.

Weight in pounds doesn't correlate to how you look. A 5'7 woman weighing 140 lbs may look awesome to me, and another 5'7 woman weighing 140 lbs next to her may look sloppy. It's a lot in how you carry it too.

why aren't there more guys with this attitude out there?

There are a lot of guys like this out there. My own social circle is loaded with them. =)
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    They were lying to be nice.
    We like thin ladies - period. You won't find extra large winning Miss America.
    Look no further than that or any female model and usually you'll find this ideal is set for a reason.

That's reality.
  • CreepyOne
    CreepyOne Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It's simple lol......if it looks good, ride it! lmao
  • Whisker58
    Options
    Personally, I find fuller figured women to be ideal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Hendricks

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilyn_Monroe

The media has called them both "Fat", I think that they are just well proportioned women. Weight doesn't matter, it is just a number. Being healthy is what we should all strive for!
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I was just ranting! Of course everyone would like to have that special someone who is physically perfect and gorgeous. In a perfect world....

I don't really care for perfection. I find guys who spend hours at the gym working on their bodies to be unattractive. I also prefer a little chub. The only reason I would turn down a heavy guy is if he wasn't committed to getting healthy. I wouldn't have enough in common with him if that were the case.

My picture of an ideal man ranges from James McAvoy to Martin Freeman to Kevin James. All three are equally hot!
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Look no further than that or any female model and usually you'll find this ideal is set for a reason.

That's reality.

WHAAAT??? Maybe you and other men too, but I for one know men that would preffer their woman with more meat on their bones and they really do! It depends on your preference, not all men want "thin ladies"..period.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options

That's reality.

WHAAAT??? Maybe you and other men too, but I for one know men that would preffer their woman with more meat on their bones and they really do! It depends on your preference, not all men want "thin ladies"..period.

I would break most models, gotta be at least a little sturdy.

JM
  • auticus
    Options
    Yeah I forgot to mention that. I'm 6'2, 220 lbs. I'm not small. I'd be afraid of breaking a thin woman lol.
  • Gwen7121
    Gwen7121 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Why does it matter "what men want" you to look like? I am sure just like women, all men like a variety and what one man may consider perfect, another may not.

I don't even worry about what my own husband "wants me to look like". Of course, I already know he finds me beautiful and just because he finds another women who looks different than me attractive, I am in no way threatened by that.

My self worth isn't measured by what others think of me.

^This
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options

That's reality.
    WOW.

Really??
    Ok first of all lots of people have varying opinions and once upon a time paintings of women were DEFINITELY not skinny minnies. Thats a recent cultural thing, relatively. Personally I blame Warhol and Twiggy times.

There even used to be ads for women saying "dont be skinny!"
    So dont tell me you know what men want.

on OP subject - my bf likes curvy. He loves my big butt and hates that I dont. He likes a handful of boob, not much more.

Where as some of his coworkers prefer the ridiculously thin with big boobs look that was always fed to them =\
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    google "venus painting"

not at work, cuz Im sure despite it being art its nsfw.
    thats what was once the perfect woman.
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Here is the thing I dont care what men like I care what I like. I like to be thin. I like my hip bones sticking out and my coller bone to show, I am just lucky that I still have T&A :heart:
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    ErinBeth -> this is not a trait that is male-exclusive. Women also tend to want men who are the pinnacles of physical appearance, even if they themselves are not.

I do realize not every man wants a perfect body and there are lots of women who are judgmental as well. It goes both ways.

No harm. There are a lot of people out there that do hate on the opposite sex for this very thing though, and it's a people-thing. Is also why I want to move to Europe =)

Lol. whats europe goota do with it? You find the same nobs here that you find anywhere else. Even between european countries there is soooo much difference lol
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options

That's reality

While I think some of what you're saying is true, your logic is flawed. I don't think Miss America is meant to represent what men consider beautiful. It represents a vague standard of beauty.

A lot of men don't like overweight women, because at this point, being overweight is out of fashion. It didn't used to be. When I was growing up (in the 80's and 90's) being fat was a bit like having a big nose. It was a physical flaw but not a deal-breaker.

Now, with obesity on the rise, being thin is a status symbol. It is now the most sought-after physical feature of a woman. She can look like she fell from the ugly tree and hit every branch coming down, but if she's THIN, well, then we have something.

Another flaw in your logic is the idea that all men like thin women. They don't.