• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Did somebody say something?
    Hanukkah Harry FTW!!!
    On Moische! On Herschel! On Schlomo!
  • keissner
    Options
    From being on other message boards I know that the introduce yourself threads don't get much response. What does is being supportive and replying to others. Get to know people by reaching out to them via their threads and they will remember you and respond to yours in the future.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I posted and noone answered. but answered all the other newbies. guess i am invisible on this site as I am to everyone in my daily life. sorry to waste everyones time

Don't be like that! Come on now!
  • courtgosvener
    courtgosvener Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad. And don't listen to the haters. If ya'll don't like "victim talk" then just don't post a response, if you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all. Encouragement is all we need and she may have insecurities and issues (we all do at various points) but bashing them for those insecurities really isn't our place.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Attention. Attention. Attention.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    An MFPer with one of the most incredible transformations, in my opinion, posted a topic today that died within 4 responses. Don't take it personally, it just happens.
  • Kirabelly
    Options
    "I'm gonna take my ball and go home."

Amen to the victim comment. So unattractive. Don't whine about it, do something about it. Be proactive, not reactive.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    {{{ Hellooooooooooo }}}
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    happened to me too. Add me I will be ur support
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's just a matter of timing, and a thread can get pushed down and lost quickly by other new threads.
    If you're looking for new friends, one strategy might simply be to read the other new introductions and send them friend requests. Another good way, which is new to MFP, would be to go to the "Groups" tab (above) and do a search in the groups section for your location or interests. You can find people with similar interests, goals, etc. that might be even better suited as a support system for you there.

THIS!!! Way to be passive aggressive!! It happens to the best of us, chill out and try again. If you're going to quit that easily then there may be more to it for you than a site that ASSISTS you. Good luck in your journey, I hope you find more attention when you need it...
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the thread killers club! :laugh:
  • djsysstem
    djsysstem Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing to begin with. You will find a lot of supportive people here, you just have to reach out first I believe!
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    If you would like to add friends, you are very welcome to add me if you want to. Sometimes, people read posts they like and ask to add that person as a friend. You may want to consider that. Merry Christmas. :)
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    If you would like to add friends, you are very welcome to add me if you want to. Sometimes, people read posts they like and ask to add that person as a friend. You may want to consider that. Merry Christmas. :)
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad. And don't listen to the haters. If ya'll don't like "victim talk" then just don't post a response, if you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all. Encouragement is all we need and she may have insecurities and issues (we all do at various points) but bashing them for those insecurities really isn't our place.

True, but they seem a lot deeper than attention from MFPers!! We are also here to be called out when we are not on track. I am usually the last one to post anything negative on here, we all need encouragement, but not victimization. That is how most of us ended up here in the first place...Sorry that some of us don't want to re-visit that. Either you're here to pull yourself up by the boot straps or your just going to make excuses...your choice. I hope you find the support you need and can make some changes, but they start within first...
  • therenegadeangel
    therenegadeangel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Lol, what a drama llama...
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    That "victim talk" comment is probably the most honest and necessary thing she's heard all day. It wasn't intended to be mean, nor was it malicious. If it was intended to "bash", I wouldn't have gone to the trouble of offering two other suggestions (and to this point the most advice in a single response) as to how to identify and request support within MFP. I'm sorry, but enabling that kind of behavior would violate a few personal and professional codes of conduct for me.
  • mrsanderson404
    Options
    umm..Mission accompolished
This discussion has been closed.