pictures of women that were around 140 trying to get to 125

Options

Replies

• chelseyschwery
    Options
    i guess its time to find me a husband to buy me some too!!! hahahaha :)
  • barbergirl28
    barbergirl28 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with LorinalLynn - don't get hung up on the scale. It will cause so much stress and will actually hurt your results. The main thing to remember is that muscle weighs more than fat. When I was in the Army, I saw a nutrition and she asked me what I would like to get down to. I told her I was shooting for 145. She laughed at me. Not because it wasn't doable but because with my height, body frame and muscle mass, I would literally look sick and anorexic. A little meat on your bones is healthy. Now I did eventually get down to 145 but you could see my bones sticking out in certain picks. It is doable, but I think I would rather have the muscle then focus on the scale. Recently, I have been doing P90X. I was getting really disgusted because in the first 30 days it seemed like the scale never budged. I am posting the link to were I have been documenting my journey. Currently I am on Day 80 and only have 10 more days to go to finish the full 90 days. However, at Day 30 I had only lost 3.3 pounds (which you can see the results on Day 29 because that was my weigh in day. However, Day 30 is where the picture is. It is a big difference. Funny cause I didn't notice it until I took the picture. But, you would never guess I only lost 3.3 pounds!
    http://barbergirl28.hubpages.com/_25fgu855s7890/hub/Bring-It-P90X-Day-30
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!!!
    I'm 5'5" and I can't remember the last time I was truly below the 140s

My highest weight was 198 right before I had my daughter then dropped the weight, gained the weight and last year this time I was 180lbs. A bad relationship, car accident, moving, several personal things later and I'm still between 140-145.
    I cannot picture myself smaller; its beyond me. So to see these pics are SO HELPFUL!!!
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • chelseyschwery
    Options
    lol, i did the ab ripper on p90x once and i felt paralyzed for like 3 days, hahaha i need to get some muscle though, its just so hard to get motivated to work out, bleehhhh
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with LorinalLynn - don't get hung up on the scale. It will cause so much stress and will actually hurt your results. The main thing to remember is that muscle weighs more than fat. When I was in the Army, I saw a nutrition and she asked me what I would like to get down to. I told her I was shooting for 145. She laughed at me. Not because it wasn't doable but because with my height, body frame and muscle mass, I would literally look sick and anorexic. A little meat on your bones is healthy. Now I did eventually get down to 145 but you could see my bones sticking out in certain picks. It is doable, but I think I would rather have the muscle then focus on the scale. Recently, I have been doing P90X. I was getting really disgusted because in the first 30 days it seemed like the scale never budged. I am posting the link to were I have been documenting my journey. Currently I am on Day 80 and only have 10 more days to go to finish the full 90 days. However, at Day 30 I had only lost 3.3 pounds (which you can see the results on Day 29 because that was my weigh in day. However, Day 30 is where the picture is. It is a big difference. Funny cause I didn't notice it until I took the picture. But, you would never guess I only lost 3.3 pounds!
    http://barbergirl28.hubpages.com/_25fgu855s7890/hub/Bring-It-P90X-Day-30

for the love of God, muscle does NOT weigh more than fat. it takes up less space is all.
  • jmartin1219
    jmartin1219 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    you look awesome!!! :) everyone feel free to add me as a friend i need motivation... just seems whenever your trying to diet everyone else around you is trying to get you to stop or make fun of you for not eating greasy cheeseburgers and that stuff lol

So true! It seems like they want to complain that you are losing weight and they are not but they don't want to encourage you for making good food choices.
  • jennadelane
    jennadelane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • chelseyschwery
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!!!
    I'm 5'5" and I can't remember the last time I was truly below the 140s

My highest weight was 198 right before I had my daughter then dropped the weight, gained the weight and last year this time I was 180lbs. A bad relationship, car accident, moving, several personal things later and I'm still between 140-145.
    I cannot picture myself smaller; its beyond me. So to see these pics are SO HELPFUL!!!

I know I can't picture myself being really skinny, I've been chunky ever since I've known, I just got out of a 3 year relationship and I'm just ready to look good :) and be happy with my body and not try stuff on and be disgusted with myself, I would love to wear some shirts but I can't, I wanna wear anything that I find cute... Sometimes its hard to find shirts that look good on me... and I can't wear my pants too tight because then my fat hangs over, I dont know someday I'll get there I guess... lol
  • jackiemarie
    Options
    Google imagine "one pound of fat" it's quite Large to look at it that way if you google imagine "one pound of muscle" it's alot smaller so 2.5lbs of fat could show a whole lot of difference on your body I know I can see the difference in photos of me between 125 & 123 .
  • HoLLyZ82
    Options
    fat-v-muscle.jpg
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    MY highest was 138 I got down to 123 but gained a few recently i fluctuate between around 130-128 these days trying to maintain 125-120 but it's very hard for me my body is comfortable at 130/128!!! :( I'll send you a photo via email I'm just computer illiterate can't figure out how to post it here :) lol feel free to friend me also we can motivate eachother !!!

Exactly true for me, as well! I started at 145-150 (5' 7")and got down to 125, but it was VERY hard to maintain. I am now always between 128-130 and that is where my body is happiest, so I am just going to stay right there and tone up :).
  • aquapussy
    Options
    MY highest was 138 I got down to 123 but gained a few recently i fluctuate between around 130-128 these days trying to maintain 125-120 but it's very hard for me my body is comfortable at 130/128!!! :( I'll send you a photo via email I'm just computer illiterate can't figure out how to post it here :) lol feel free to friend me also we can motivate eachother !!!

Exactly true for me, as well! I started at 145-150 (5' 7")and got down to 125, but it was VERY hard to maintain. I am now always between 128-130 and that is where my body is happiest, so I am just going to stay right there and tone up :).

Hmm yes, I am 5'8.5" and at 125 I would be insanely skinny.

How tall are you guys?

I would like to get to 150 I just can't see myself into the 130's at my height and frame, I would be very very skinny.

However I share the pain on the boob loss, down to a 34B already.
  • Madiann
    Madiann Posts: 177
    Options
    Bump
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, and mercifully, my boobs didn't shrink much. But then again, I didn't gain boobage with weight, which really pissed me off because my whole life everyone kept telling me I was only small because I was slim. I did get back boobs, but not front boobs. :laugh:

These days, I don't give a damn what the scale says. I go more by how clothes fit. At 125# in October, I bought a pair of size 7 juniors jeans. Last week, at 130#, I got size 5 in the same brand, and the size 3 fit, but squashed my bum too much.
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options

Girl me too! I'm already barely a B, and they seem to be the first things to go. Damn it! I wish I could afford to buy some new ones myself cause honestly, that'd be motivation enough if I knew I'd actually get them! I want boobs sooo bad! :(
  • HoLLyZ82
    Options

Girl me too! I'm already barely a B, and they seem to be the first things to go. Damn it! I wish I could afford to buy some new ones myself cause honestly, that'd be motivation enough if I knew I'd actually get them! I want boobs sooo bad! :(

care credit: no interest for a year. most plastic surgeons offices use this. we pay like 250 a month. B(o)(o)M!
  • LazerMole
    LazerMole Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    for the love of God, muscle does NOT weigh more than fat. it takes up less space is all.

That's what "weighs more than" means in the comparative sense. Obviously one pound of muscle is going to weigh the same as one pound of fat. But given certain size parameters, 1 cu ft of muscle is heavier than 1 cu ft of fat.

Just like a pile of feathers weighs less than a pile of bowling balls, if the piles are of equal size.
  • jennabellaxoxo
    jennabellaxoxo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    120's dosent have to be SKINNY...my ticker is me at 122 (my current weight)...I wouldnt call it skinny...just a more toned version of my former self..I am 5'6"
  • cmthorsness
    cmthorsness Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thats what I heard on Biggest Loser also. Get sick in tired of people gaining and assuming that they gained muscle weight. (just a excuse in my opinion) Pull the twinkie out of your mouth and get a grip! I believe if you are working on losing weight and you gain it is NOT muscle weight, possible water but most likely you should take a peak at what your eating!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!