Rude Friends!

Options

Replies

• LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    It's probably not "jealousy" in the classical sense. But, I know when I'm indulging in bad habits, I feel validated if I can get people to go along with me. People want to be validated in doing what's comfortable and easy... I know because I've been that person (not to THAT extreme, thank God!)

I hope these are people you can be straight with, that's all that would work for me I think. Their feelings will likely be hurt, but you can't let toxic people bring you down.
  • Galletakek
    Options
    Why are you calling these women friends again???

^
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    It sounds to be as if you need some NEW friends. Support is always good. People that bring you down..... :noway:

12117749.png
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Just stay away from them. Find some new friends. There is no law that says she has to be your friend forever. Having something in common with someone else makes the bond between friends.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I think they're jealous. You're doing great - sounds like you've got everything sussed. Ignore them.
    this
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't have this problem. I am only friends with people who are nice to me.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I don't really get along with other females so I don't have this problem... but it sounds like they are just jealous!

Pay no attention to them. :)

B*tch Puh-lease! I love you AND your boobies!!

gir-59738424355_xlarge.gif
  • Katfor508
    Options
    Sounds like you need new friends , no support from them!
  • cubanchili
    cubanchili Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I agree with Puffins1958... I had friends like this at one point, and all they did was bring me down... I say dump 'em and find some real friends! Great job btw!! :)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need new friends.

A friend should support your decisions and journeys in life, as long as they are not harmful to you. Isn't that one of the main definitions of a friend?
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I think they're jealous. You're doing great - sounds like you've got everything sussed. Ignore them.

I don't think they sound jealous, I think they sound annoying.

Maybe the can't do what you are doing, so they are trying to make them selves feel better by making you the same as them. If you eat the chips then she feels better about eating them herself.

what I would do is either say what ever you need to to get them off your back but do what you want to do and don't eat it, or be brutally honest with them and shove it in their faces like they are shoving it in yours.

Good luck
  • benzzito
    Options
    Based on your description they are not your friends. Surround yourself with positive people in your life.
  • mywalker32
    Options
    Honestly, who cares what they think. The only thing that matters is what you think of yourself. When people have low self esteem they tend to put their noses where they don't belong.....usually in other people's business.:wink:
  • EllieKaye
    Options
    One thing stood out at me; how your friend said you should just stay fat and happy. Well, I hate to say this, but it's not all about image but health as well. Wait until they're in bad health. They'll be saying "You were right" one day.

They are jealous. They will forever bring you down about everything that involves your health. Your only solution? Tell them exactly how you feel about their behavior towards you, and if it doesn't work, dump them!

I know what you're going through. I had really awesome friends. They were skinny girls too. Who thought they were better. Always bragging and always bringing me down until I decided to change my ways in my health, and then started telling me to forget it, that I'd never get thin.

So, what did I do? I dropped them. I found better friends who support and encourage me everyday. I get friendly texts in the mornings, saying that I'll one day be on the cover of "Vogue" or something, and that I'm kicking my unhealthy-ness away. :)

Get friends like those.

I'm VERY proud of you achievements!

-Ellie

PS: Keep up the AMAZING work!!!
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options

^^^ This. I have friends at work that have ice cream, cookies and are like "mmmmm, don't you want some?" I have a guy that used to bring over his food and try to get me to smell it all of the time. I honestly don't have any issues with what people eat, I have no cravings for food, just beer!!
  • lindseyawheeler
    Options
    I have a friend like that and it really makes me mad! She tells me I'm "obsessed" with dieting, which I'm not. You just need to remember that you are the only one in charge of what you eat and how you exercise!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    Options
    NOPE dont have this problem.....if this happens....and it has.....poof we just dont have time to hang out anymore.....
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Wow.....I am sorry you don't have supportive freinds! You need to surround yourself with supportive people. They may have jealousy issues, if they happen to be over weight. You become thinner and healthier and they are still the same they will feel thretened.

For years I have had people tell me when I weighed 200 lbs that I looked great!.....Let's get serious, I am 4"11. No way did I look great!
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options

I don't think they sound jealous, I think they sound annoying.

Yes! I think they sound horrible. Why in the world are you calling them friends? Seriously, you are doing a good thing for your life, you should be surrounded by goodness.

This