stomach growling

Options
Does this mean my body needs food?

Replies

• xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    yea probably!! :laugh:

my stomach starts growling at like 12am, but i cant feed it at that time as i will put crap loads of weight on especially just lying in bed scoffing, soo i have to wait for morning :(

my stomach never growls in the day! i can go a whole day without food and it doesnt growl, yet come night time it growls real bad!
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Either that or you're housing a small, angry wolf in there :laugh:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    It signifies hunger, not necessarily that your body "needs" food.

I'm sure once upon a time, when food wasn't as abundant as it is, these 2 things were synonymous, but not anymore. People with a calorie surplus can still be hungry. So stay within your goal if you plan to use hunger as an indicator. :smile:
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Actually gas passing through....you might hear it in approximately 1..2..3 or smell it for that matter
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    nope. don't eat unless your hungry, and even then, i'd still wait a little bit. i mean, don't let yourself get shakey and to the point where you EAT ALL THE THINGS!! but learn to control your body.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    sometimes you just need to drink a glass of water. that usually does the trick unless i am truly hungry and then of course i eat
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Means dont think about the food too often!
  • tophat1
    Options
    My stomach only growls a few hours after I've had a meal with a high carb load. If I stick to protein and fat and minimal carbs, it never happens.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I only get the growling if I forget a meal. I try to get plenty of veggies in dinner and that seems to take care of night time. If I eat too early then yeah it can be a challenge so I just have a cup of tea (Good Earth decaf, sweet and spicy) and it seems to settle it down till morning.
  • ANMUR43
    Options
    I have found out that my stomach feels like I'm hungry when I am anxious, or need to drink water, or in my case flavored water.