Where is everyone from, heritage.. ethnicity etc.

Options
I am really curious to know! So many different people on here! I think it is always fun to see the cultures and places people come from :) Share share share!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I am a lot of things lol... Half spanish from my Dad. French, German and Scottish from the mom's side.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I am mostly Dutch, followed by Italian, German, English, French...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My family came to America before the revolutionary war (on all sides) from France, England, and Ireland. My paternal grandmother's mother's family was Cherokee. My paternal grandmother's father's family is lower French Royalty that got kicked out of England and France in the 1400's and settled in the New World as farmers. That family is directly descendant from Charlemagne and William the Conqueror which goes all the way back to Ptolemy (general to Alexander the Great). My paternal grandfather's family were poor irish famers (lineage stops in 1480's in Ireland - no records before then). My maternal grandmother's family is also Irish. My great great grandfathers on her side fought as captains on both sides of the civil war. Unfortunately, we know nothing about my maternal grandfather's family as his mother took all the family history with her to the grave. She refused to discuss it. There is some evidence that my great-grandmother was born out of wedlock, but we don't know to whom.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm French. Very, very French. And German.

ETA: And now that I think of it, that's all my dad's side. I have no idea about my mother's side. She was adopted.
  • Julianne8104
    Julianne8104 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well.. I'm pretty much inbred 120% Korean.... lol... But I'm from Los Angeles, California! I'm the 53rd generation on my paternal side and 31st on my maternal side. Hurray for loosing weight!
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    On my mother side my grandmother is half black and native american (Choctaw) and her husband (my grandfather) is half Irish and half black. My father side all I know there haitian on his side... the rest...I just know they're black lol

My grandfather on my mother side has a twin brother and my mother is a twin...I'm not a twin but her doctor said if I ever have childern I might have twins. :happy:
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    born in japan. my father is japanese. my mother is mostly scottish.

moved to California when i was 6 years old or so.
  • slynnmiller
    Options
    Im Irish :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm adopted.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    German, Ukrainian, Norwegian, English
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Im just a figment of your imagination
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Italian and Polish.
  • justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options
    I've lived in New Jersey my entire life. On my Mom's side, I'm almost entirely Russian with a bit of German. On my Dad's, it's a combination between Russian, English, and Irish. My Mom's side came to America in 1921 and I'm not sure when my Dad's side immigrated.
  • manjot01
    Options
    I'm East Indian (punjabi), but technically i was born in Edmonton, Alberta in Canada. Going to visit my home country (India) in Jan! Sooooo excited!
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    full Mexican born in Los Angeles :laugh:
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    On my mother's side, I get Vietnamese and Chinese. On my dad's side, I get English, French, German, Italian, Scottish, and Spanish.

And, I was born on Guam :D
  • kabloozi
    kabloozi Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Born and proudly raised CANADIAN!!! My lovely parents are from Lebanon--never been but I love my culture. Very mediterranian!
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Irish American
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    True story

Me: So dad where did your family come from? Whats your background?

Dad: Texas

Me: Dad, no like BEFORE texas. We're not natives here.

Dad: We're Texans. There was no where before Texas.

To this day I honestly have no idea about my dad's side of the family.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I really don't know for certain...been told French and Irish. I'd love to send a DNA sample off and get it tested, just to know.