Favorite Gift as a Kid

Options
Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
Mine was the Barbie Townhouse with the elevator. (The novelty of the elevator soon wore off and it was easier just to place her on whatever floor you wanted.) :laugh:

and

The Mystery Date Game!! :drinker: Oooooh the razzing you would get from your buddies if your date was the nerd. :embarassed: :ohwell:

Yours?

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    snoopy snow cone machine....easy bake oven....hmm, insight as to why i belong to this site?
  • alicollins74
    alicollins74 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Cabbage Patch Kid...
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    Transformers!!
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    My first guitar!!! I was 8! :bigsmile:
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Barbies FTW!

One year i really, really and I mean REALLY wanted this barbie convertible that extended from a 2-seater to a 4-seater

Long story short, I was being a lil SH!THEAD and my mom told me she was going to take a gift back, I pressed my luck....she UNWRAPPED the convertible and RETURNED IT TO THE STORE!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

Now that I'm a mom, I'm proud of her for sticking to it! However, I still WANT that darn car! :laugh:
  • tnvolsfan74
    tnvolsfan74 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Mine was a Speak & Spell :noway: I was a nerdy little kid...which continued into adulthood. :laugh:
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    $
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    The Mystery Date Game!! :drinker: Oooooh the razzing you would get from your buddies if your date was the nerd. :embarassed: :ohwell:

I LOVED that game, I think it was one of the best xmas gifts I got. My mom just threw it out because it was missing stuff lol

I think one of the best gift I got as a kid was this "secret" sender thing. it was like a mini computer you could send messages back and forth, and keep a diary and play games, I cannot remember the name of it though.
  • Shannon023
    Options
    $

That's my favorite now. :tongue:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    The Commodore 64. It was a defining moment in my life.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    My first sewing machine & the Easy Bake Oven. Yep, Susie Homemaker in the making.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    FOUND A PICTURE!

5Y45Q55U03m53p53lebbkf76c58ec69ea19e6.jpg
  • Shannon023
    Options
    FOUND A PICTURE!

Tell mom she owes you that car! :laugh:
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    SNES! I think my family didn't.see me for the next three months lol
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Favorite toys as a kid were this She-Ra figurine and her white stallion, MouseTrap, Cabbage Patches (that was the thing to collect back in the day). I used to decimate my barbies (pop their heads off, hang them, cut their hair, paint red nailpolish (blood) on them until I started playing "soap opera" with them. All my barbies were lesbians (I didn't have Ken).
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    lump_of_coal.jpg:blushing:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    :love: my first nintendo and super mario brothers :love:
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Favorite toys as a kid were this She-Ra figurine and her white stallion, MouseTrap, Cabbage Patches (that was the thing to collect back in the day). I used to decimate my barbies (pop their heads off, hang them, cut their hair, paint red nailpolish (blood) on them until I started playing "soap opera" with them. All my barbies were lesbians (I didn't have Ken).

My barbies all ended up naked with hair cuts lol Gi Joe and barbie dated a lot because I decapitated Ken.
  • Salamanda425
    Options
    Totally Hair Barbie! I wanted her so bad and I was so excited to get her on Christmas Day!
  • Salamanda425
    Options

My barbies all ended up naked with hair cuts lol Gi Joe and barbie dated a lot because I decapitated Ken.

My barbies dated the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that my little brother played with OR I had a NKOTB doll of Jordan that my Courtney barbie always dated! Fake rat tail and all!