Where is everyone from, heritage.. ethnicity etc.

Options

Replies

• ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    my background is Irish and Scottish on my mom's side...i am told that my grandmother (mom's mom) was born here, but her older siblings were born in Scotland (and one was born on the boat on the way over). my mom spent years studying our geneology, and found very interesting things out about our anscestory, including an almost Romeo and Juliet story (luckily with a happier ending) about a man and a woman marrying from two rival clans.

we dont have as much information on my dad's side, but somehow Buffalo Bill Cody is an ancestor of mine on his side.

Suzi
    if you see any of my pics where you can see my red hair, the irish/scottish background is no surprise!
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm Brazilian, Ukrainian and Polish

but I'm Canadian... born and raised :drinker:
  • _CiaoParis
    Options
    I'm Puerto Rican & German :)
  • sorani
    sorani Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am full blooded Colombian!
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    On my mum's side English, Mauritian and dad's side is English, Dutch, German and Norwegian. Born and raised in South East England and currently living in Bristol.
  • ShefMum
    ShefMum Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm half English and half Scottish. Very boring white British ethnically/heritage I'm afraid! BUT I grew up in a very multicultural, mostly Asian but also Black Caribbean community (small island mostly) and feel those communities form a big part of my roots as most of my close friends were people of colour from 1st generation immigrant families when I grew up.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    am mostly irish and native american(cherokee). but as u can c mostly irish :P
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    English, Scottish, Polish on Dad's side & German, Irish, Cherokee & Mandan Indian on Mom's side. Yep, mixed bag for sure!
  • twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    me too MKev!
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I live in Va, but I have lived in many states and even in Wales for almost 2 years =)
    Moms side: Polish and czechoslovakian
    Dads side: Irish, Welsh, Pennsylvania Dutch, and my grandma claims Native American, but my mom thinks shes lieing...lol

So I am a mainly Polish mutt since I am 1/4 that and the rest is just mixed in there =)
  • twynzmom
    twynzmom Posts: 172
    Options
    I was adopted....wish I knew!

me too MKev!
  • shamika624
    Options
    If you ask anyone in america, I'm black but, there is caucasian and native american on my moms side, and native american and african american on my dad's side. I am american to say the least.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm born and bred in the north east of England, but am only 3rd generation born here on my dad's side who came over from Ireland. Bit of Scottish thrown in somewhere on my mam's side but dont' know too much about that. Am hugely proud of my Irish roots n my Irish maiden name tho even going as far as getting a tattoo to celebrate it :happy:
  • Gordisgorda
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 100 % Mexican.
    The new year is coming. I am truly motivated for this new year. I need positive support,
    Any tips? Ideas?

Please add me!!

Need positive support!
  • truelypinkthing
    truelypinkthing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm about as English as you can get, on both sides of my family.(and rather proud of it) My husband is half English , quarter Italian, quarter Scottish, so that's mean, moody and magnificent.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    my background is Irish and Scottish on my mom's side...i am told that my grandmother (mom's mom) was born here, but her older siblings were born in Scotland (and one was born on the boat on the way over). my mom spent years studying our geneology, and found very interesting things out about our anscestory, including an almost Romeo and Juliet story (luckily with a happier ending) about a man and a woman marrying from two rival clans.

My family came over from Ireland due to a Catholic/Protestant relationship and there was talk of them being disowned by a wealthy father because of it..just my luck to be on the poor side, lol!!
  • Patrisha100
    Patrisha100 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    California born and raised! Ancestry is English, Dutch, Scottish and French on my father's side, English and German on my mom's side.
  • workingforthatbody
    Options
    I'm half Ukrainian and Australian (English ancestors) :)
  • Jon_Rod
    Jon_Rod Posts: 158
    Options
    My Dad is Puerto Rican and my great grandmother is from Spain. My Mom Is Black from Alabama....So I guess I'm a mutt but the best of both Worlds. I love my Spanish and Black heritage : )
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    Wow, the details are complicated but here goes....

My mom is from Antigua WI. Both of her parents were half West Indian and half Portuguese.
    On my Dad's side we've traced our African family back to Ethiopia, but once in America (brought as slaves) we picked up some Irish (naughty slave owner) and then Native American.

So if you ask me...I'm Black

:)