What You Wear..

Options
13»

Replies

• beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    performance, but good looking performance...performance and control...
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I wear something comfortable not made of cotton when I am at the gym. When I started this journey I looked at low price stores (TJ MAXX, MARSHALL'S) and for my favorite 4 letter word - sale.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I wear yoga pants, a sports bra, a cami with a built in shelf bra (to keep the belly covered) and a t-shirt.

^^^this! It is EXACTLY what I wear. just bought some new, mine were falling off. I just realized that the new stuff is a lot brighter in color. hmm, maybe my outlook is brighter too.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing the same 10 year old ASU cut off shirt everyday to the gym till I meet my bench press goal, unwashed, lol. Same shorts too, but those get washed.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    i wear a tee-shirt and then some stretchy fitted knee-length pants.
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    How much thought do you give to what you wear to the gym? Is it based or performance or fashion?

For me it's perfromance first and I'm also OCD about mathing so I factor that in as well.

I've accumulated quite a bit (sale, clearance, TJMaxx shopper) so it's performance, function, and matching whether it's in the gym or out on the roads and trails.

But OCD... when I log my runs into my journal... the color ink in the pen that I use matches the color of my running shoes!! OK, it does help me keep track of the total miles on each pair of shoes, but it seems a bit over-the-top-OCD LOL
  • toabetterlifestyle
    Options
    I do match my pants with my shirts of course but other than that its not a big deal. Yoga pants with a tshirt and sneakers with my hair pulled up and tinted moisturizer on, thats all.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    What is clean.
    this, usually. when I buy workout clothes, I look at price, cuteness, comfortableness, and if it fits right/looks good.
  • calderst
    calderst Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Depends on my mood and what I'm working.
  • carriedavis77
    carriedavis77 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I look for clothing that is made to wick away sweat and always wear some sort of compression pants/capris. Also have different sneaks depending on the workout I'm doing :) I deff want stuff to match... and look presentable of course... but function and support is much more important to me.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    It's got to be comfortable but I'm not gonna go looking frumpy!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i workout at home so i do sweat/jogging pants and a bigg tee
  • dragonflybird
    Options
    black yoga type pants and whatever t-shirt I can find. Comfort all the way. However, when I'm thin and toned I will probably care more than I should on what I'm wearing.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I am probably the worst dressed person at my gym. I wear yoga pants/capris and whatever t-shirt is clean or handy. I don't care what I look like.
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    How much thought do you give to what you wear to the gym? Is it based or performance or fashion?

For me it's perfromance first and I'm also OCD about mathing so I factor that in as well.

You sound like my husband. He has to have matching shoes and everything. Its crazy. I don't really care all that much. I recently saw a grandmother wearing the same capri pants that I have...so I guess I dress like a grandma! Hee hee. That's ok. Not there to impress a single person.

you my freind have married well..lol
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'm the one in the Goodwill T-shirt and shorts that don't match and don't fit, and may even have paint stains on them. I've got a bandana on entirely as sweat control--has NOTHING to do with fashion-- and hot pink headphones (no ear buds for me thanx) because they were on sale and I don't mind leaving them in my gym locker.

In short, I'm the middle aged woman next to you huffin' and puffin' on the ergonometer looking like she doesn't give a *kitten* what YOU think about how SHE looks when she gets her sweat on.
  • lonelydove04
    Options
    Right now Im overseas on a deployment because Im in the military. So all we can wear are our PT gear to work out in. Otherwise, when Im back at home...I go to the gym in just regular looking workout clothes. The styles vary but I dont care what people are thinking because Im too focused on getting the job done and getting fit!!! Leggooo!!!!! :bigsmile:

As a vet of the military and no longer in I utilize that gear to the fullest. Its comfortable and works well. I have a few other shorts and tops that I wear but Im not concerned about fashion @ the gym.