Worst Gift

Options

Replies

• SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    My family used to give the OMG sized candycanes and chocolates to my kids with their gifts but I asked them to stop it. My family complied -- No bad gifts yesterday.

Now -- at work-- it was another problem. I came in this morning after a long holiday weekend and found multiple boxes of chocolates and cans of various flavored peanuts. Generous as everyone is being... I'm popping the tops off the cans and setting them out in a common areas for all my peers and staff to enjoy (and I wont' be taking them home).
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I had all mint presents including an xbox and kinect with zumba....I'll need it to wear off my stocking full ofdifferent chololate, a big box of mint mingles (chocs) ferrero rocher, smarties, and 2 tins of biscuits! I did ask for no sweets so God knows what I'd have to eat if I didn't.
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    A migraine and puffy eyes from crying and a broken end table and a plastic tree in the front yard with the lights still attached from the 5 hour horrible fight my husband and I had today. However, we called a "truce" about 4 hours ago and exchanged gifts and just had dinner. Other than that a box of chocolates from a friend who while handing it to me said I know these will ruin your diet and laughed. Gee. Thanks. Merry Christmas. :cry:

I am so sorry about the fight! That sucks. But I have to laugh at the box of chocolates because I got one from a coworker who said EXACTLY THE SAME THING!!!! I regifted it as a hostess gift. I also got 2 tins of cookies from my mom, a box of candy from my aunt as well as a huge pan of enchiladas, and candy from my roommate. Really people? Do you not hear me talk about how hard I work all the time? But, in fairness, they also all got me fitness related gifts too, to work off the crap food I guess.
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Wow - and I was upset because my SO bought me nothing and hasn't even acknowleged the fact that it is christmas; oh my silly me!

I'm sorry to hear this :( Why hasn't he acknowledged it?!
    Who is an SO?

SO is Significant Other...
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    a jumbo sized bag of hershey's cookies and cream bars. they are my ultimate candy weakness. not. ok.
  • azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that used to regularly buy my Larges. When I was an XXL. I should dig out those shirts now, I think I can wear them now.
  • tigertown11
    Options
    anything my mother in law cooks! it's always with mayo and doesn't make anything warm and comforting to eat!
  • cherokeetracey
    Options
    tins of quality streets and celebrations, box of truffles, walnut whips, terry's all gold. best girft was my fave perfume from my son and a new cup and loads of bubble baths from my partner.
  • wcsangel
    Options
    My grandmother double-teamed me! A giant bar of Galaxy chocolate (with the "29 calories per piece!") on the front, AND a top *two* sizes too small for me. Wow.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    - chocolate...can't remember what kind it was...it's a kind I like...but I don't eat it often so I probably won't eat it. Maybe I'll regift it...oh wait, boyfriend opened it already...maybe give it to my dad...lol

- otherwise I think I did pretty good. So far, still have one Christmas on New Years Day...
  • Harmony14
    Options
    although it could have been (and has been) much much worse, this year was kinda themed around trying to make a sad :brokenheart: woman even sadder
    from my passive aggressive SiL - a pair of bright pink and white striped socks with pig's heads on them......seriously??? no message there -- i don't even like pigs - now if they had cat's heads on them - that woulda been cute
    plus a whole lot of really bad quality (mostly sugar) chocolate from my sweet friends and coworkers who are not yet ready to join me on MFP :tongue: .... the chocolate got partly eaten then i realized i really didn't like the way it tasted (wasn't dark chocolate or fererro rocher which I absolutely luv ) ... so it received a graceful burial in the garbage bin yesterday while i prayed for mercy around the retribution i am sure they will have coming their way - heh:devil:

However, I did get some amazing tasting tea and a lovely music cd from a friend and some $$ from my mom and my brother to spend on something i really want - so the karmic balance has been restored. now all i want for christmas is for my dear friend who recently retreated back into grief mode to realize how much fun we have together and get his lovely self back into my life
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I didn't mind the chocolate/food gifts. I love chocolate, but I stopped buying it for myself, since that was a bad habit that was putting the weight on me. Having it as a gift lets me continue that discipline but still have some chocolate, too. I also have been sharing them liberally at work, which makes everyone have a better mood.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    One of those plastic candy canes filled with mini Reese's peanut butter cups. I got it for myself, haha.
  • dixiegirl2
    dixiegirl2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A family member gave my husband a container of homemade peanut butter fudge!! I have a weakness for anything with peanut butter. I did take a small pinch off of one piece. God - that one little morsel was absolutely heavenly - melted in the mouth!!! Told the hubby to hide the container and to NOT let me know where it is!!! He did.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    The worst gift I got was lack of self control yesterday and today. Its back now though and my water bottle filled and my exercise clothes hanging on my chair all fresh and ready for whatever tomorrow brings!
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Skipped Christmas this year in favor of family vacation.

Don't they have God where you vacation?:indifferent:

I'm *pretty* sure this means that spending cash on Christmas gifts was pushed aside in favor of funding a family vacation. Some of us do that, after all... doesn't make us any less observant of the holiday. :smile:

And yeah.. my MIL who loudly proclaims to anyone who will listen that I'm "too skinny" gave me TWO boxes of chocolates instead of one like everyone else got. My coworkers are going to appreciate them, I'm sure!
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    My grandma got me a shirt.. It was pretty cute, BUT it was a 20-22X and I wear a Large.. BLAH!
    really pisses me off when people buy me clothes in sizes I don't fit.

a co-worker gave me a XL in a brand of clothing that I easily wear a M.

GAH I hate it when this happens! T.T

I'm visiting town for Christmas and I was out of clean pants, but my mom found a pair of my old fat pants and told me to wear them. I'm sure she was just trying to be sweet and helpful. Of Course I refused... =_=

A big tin of popcorn, and my grandma made her LEGENDARY pumpkin cranberry bread. Oh yeah, and Santa insisted he bring me a stocking full of goodies including chocolate. I also just could NOT stay away from my all-time favorite Thai restaurant.
  • bestrodeo
    bestrodeo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    No bad gifts-- home with my family NO inlaws this year (that was the BEST gift).. Yummy food throughout the day and beautiful tear jerking gifts from the best husband I could ever ask for...
  • myuva
    myuva Posts: 67
    Options
    Significant other....SO
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Despite losing 30 pounds and going down a size my husband still bought my Christmas pajamas in size XL. Thanks, hon. He claims he wanted them to be "comfy."