NEED HELP FINDING A HEART RATE MONITOR!!!

2»

Replies

• kearlnp
    kearlnp Posts: 8 Member
    I got ther polar F4 for christmas and love it! We paid the higher price at Scheels but I have also seen for 69$ other places...I am assuming the chest strap makes it the more accurate brand....it is comfortable and I am anxious to get it all set up to download etc (though I don't understand this since it doesn't have a USB ) I haven't read all the ins and outs yet but i did wear it yesterday to check it out!!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    I understand the income limits but getting a good HRM with a chest strap is really the best way to go.
    I got my FT7 on ebay for $45. At the time I was looking there a few listed on Craigslist as well. Looking there right after Christmas is a good idea as people have upgraded and want to get rid of their old ones. Keep your eye on the more affluent areas of your city. Much like garage sales, they'll let items go for a lot less, and you can be more assured of the condition of the item.

Another idea- try freecycle or wannagot. You may be able to get an old one for free or trade.
  • have you checked walmae?
  • DirtbikeGal
    DirtbikeGal Posts: 61 Member
    I went back and fourth between Polar and an Ironman Triathalon. I went with the Ironman because I heard of many people having battery issues with the Polar. This was 2 years ago and my Triatholon is still running strong. Has chest strap, accounts for age, weight, resting and mx heart rate. I love it! U can pic them up on amazon or ebay at a very decent price. Make sure you get ladies, Im thinking they take that into consideration when calculating calories. Good luck!
  • Jesusinme4life
    Jesusinme4life Posts: 105 Member
    Thanks everyone for all you advice and suggestions. It looks like I will have to wait until I can find one on sale or save enough for a good one.
  • if you use your search engine to look for "heart rate monitor under 50 dollars" you'll find the information you're looking for.

I hate when people put stuff like this. Why do you have an attitude? Do you get off on this?
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    I would strongly suggest getting a MIO watch, they are EKG accurate without a chest strap and if you pick the right one can be used to monitor your calories and exercise.
    They really are amazing, Google them and have a look at the site.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    I went back and fourth between Polar and an Ironman Triathalon. I went with the Ironman because I heard of many people having battery issues with the Polar. This was 2 years ago and my Triatholon is still running strong. Has chest strap, accounts for age, weight, resting and mx heart rate. I love it! U can pic them up on amazon or ebay at a very decent price. Make sure you get ladies, Im thinking they take that into consideration when calculating calories. Good luck!

Actually they don't, and still assume you are a male.. thus giving you the calorie burn of one. The only female part about is, the color.

OP:
    Like everyone else said, save up and look on amazon! You can get some used for a really good price... I personally just bought an FT60 for 115 and it's replacing my FT7, but they had them used starting at 99 dollars.. and considering they retail for almost 230 on the Polar website, thats not a bad deal!

Case in point:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001U0OFCS/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&qid=1325155967&sr=8-1&condition=used

They have a new never used(just the box was opened) FT4 for 50 dollars.. with free shipping.