What is your hobby?

Options

Replies

• SmujnZ
    SmujnZ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    wow some such interesting hobbies.... mine is a bit of a rerun of one of the earlier ones - breed and wrangle ponies for a living , run a show and conditioning barn and a small boutique Arabian Riding pony stud.... I do it all myself (yes yes feral rural girl with a chainsaw LOL) - hugely physical and time consuming but I LOVE it.

Play with photography, and of course my canine and the training of her (cough, attempted training) has become a hobby!

I LOVE reading, am easily addicted to computer games (used to be a WoW freak, but felt that was an unhealthy lifestyle choice given my addictive personality) but rarely have time for those in summer anyway!
  • DayumStraightIAmEllie
    Options
    Sent you a message....

GEOCACHING!!!!!!! seriously!
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Working out has become my new hobby. Anytime I get bored I just get the feeling to work out now. Other then that I read a lot on my Kindle.
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    ~ fishing
    ~ hunting
    ~ hiking
    ~ camping
    ~ scrapebooking
    ~ I love Horseback riding, i havent been in about 10yrs do to my weight & balance.....that is y im here! to lose & do the things i love again!
  • Grimlock69
    Options
    Gamer for life
  • jjteddy1982
    Options
    GO TO THE MOVIES, A LATE NIGHT MOVIE BY MYSELF AND RELAX
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Swing dancing, boxing and mud runs!!!. They're all really a lot of fun and I get a workout at the same time.

I guess I'm a bit of an adrenaline junky so I love to spend my off-time doing fun stuff like this with the family. My son boxes with me and my hubby dances with me. My brother, son and daughter (she's 7!) do the obstacle mud runs! The entire family enjoys hiking and we're going to be trying out snowshoeing in a few weeks! Can't wait!

I do have to say, that most of my physical pasttimes really help when I'm stressed over home issues.
  • crikee15
    crikee15 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Actual hobbies:
    - Scrapbooking
    - Jewelry-making
    - Painting (acrylic and watercolor)
    - Reading
    - Hiking
    - Baking

Things I'd like to try one day:
    - Photography
    - Pottery
    - Snowboarding
    - Ballroom dancing
    - Archery

Hobbies other people enjoy that I have no intention of trying:
    - Extreme sports (sky-diving, scuba diving, hang-gliding, etc.)
    - Anything involving animals (they're cute, but I'm allergic to all the furry ones)
  • Galletakek
    Options
    Gym
    shooting
    reading
    games
    walks by the water front

all relaxing and me time :)
  • stresco
    stresco Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Shooting
    Archery
    Martial arts
    Scuba
    Working out
    Gamer
    My kids
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Working out, walking anywhere & everywhere, MFP, reading, playing mahj jongg, cooking, my children & my husband and our two dogs :-)
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Mine is quite simple :)

Being AWESOME :)
  • jenniferlynnn93
    Options
    I agree with you! I'm tired of cooking, cleaning and being unappreciated too. Once you do something daily, it's expected. No good. Oh, well, my hobbies. I enjoy reading, a lot. Too simple? This is my uneventful life, haha.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I dance and play computer games, or I read... normal.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Making youtube videos :) Check out my channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/foodcartpeople/featured
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Kayaking
    Surfing
    Hiking
    Mountain Biking
    Backpacking
    Running
    Walking
    Canoeing
    Reading

When I am halfway to my goal weight I plan to start climbing again. When I am finished school I am going to start AT skiing. Later I plan to put the climbing and backpacking together into mountaineering.
  • blissfuldrake
    blissfuldrake Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Find your local FreeCycle website and join the group. Post a request for jewelry making supplies and/or tools. If you've not heard of FreeCycle, it is an organization/group of groups, that encourages gifting your unwanted items rather than throw them in the dump/trash/storage unit. I have given all sorts of things through them, and even got a fire ring one time. Jewelry making is fun, relaxing and rewarding. My problem is I don't wear jewelry...LOL...so I make things and give them away. There are a lot of different ways you can make jewelry. Try going to firemountaingems.com , artbeads.com or other jewelry supply sites and watch their instructional videos. That will give you ideas, and perhaps a direction to pursue...
  • hallo_chief
    hallo_chief Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I usually dance, sing or draw as hobbies (I wish I could go to actual dance classes though haha)
    I got a set of little looms for Christmas though, my mom and I found them at Joann Fabrics so I'm sure you could find them at craft stores. You can make hats and scarves and other such things. Get some yarn and it's pretty relaxing and a good alternative to knitting if you can't haha

p.s. on the topic of hobbies, does anyone have any tips on learning to sew or playing an instrument? I'm trying to make my own clothes/costumes and really want to play guitar or bass (:
  • nadiatiara
    nadiatiara Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    my hobbies are:
    -Basketball
    - Futsal
    -listen to music
    -Reading
    - Play guitar
    - Sleep
    - Watching drama tv series
    - driving
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    anime
    videogames
    guitar
    making friends online (penpals)
    learning languages
    traveling (for long periods of time...hate short-term travel)
    hiking
    paddle boarding
    collecting stuff (louis vuitton, anime action figures, anything Evangelion)
    meditation
    astrology and the likes
    doing my nails
    drawing
    croquet
    feeding pigeons/stray animals
    stalking people

Hopefully one of these helps :D Good luck~