How do people manage to get hundreds of friends on here/let'

Options
2»

Replies

• jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I rarely ask to add people, people usually ask me. I thought it's cause I'm awesome. I'm probably wrong though. I usually accept cause I figure they are adding me for a reason. Anyway I can help, is what I figure.
  • jenniferlynnn93
    Options
    I don't understand having such a large group of friends that you can't manage who is who. I try to keep it within reason myself, but I guess some people really like a ton of support...that's just not my thing. lol.

I agree with you, actually. I tend to enjoy quality over quantity. But I was just asking, because the people I did have added never talked. I don't know. I don't need hundreds.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I don't understand having such a large group of friends that you can't manage who is who. I try to keep it within reason myself, but I guess some people really like a ton of support...that's just not my thing. lol.

I agree with you, actually. I tend to enjoy quality over quantity. But I was just asking, because the people I did have added never talked. I don't know. I don't need hundreds.

That's how I am in real life, quality over quantity. I have a very small social circle. But I'm on here a lot, and there's a lot of great fun people on my friends list. I'm fortunate that they're all pretty active. I did go through today and trim some of the dead weight.
  • jenniferlynnn93
    Options
    I was on this site before, I feel like that had a lot to deal with me giving up. If i don't have support and someone to push me when I'm slowing down. I'll just shut down. We can be here for each other!

Maybe that's my problem? Who knows. You know, the real problem is within ourselves though, haha. Support should definitely help. :}
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    We are all here to learn. We are all here to get a better body. If you teach or relate you will gain friends.
  • jenniferlynnn93
    Options
    I started getting a lot of requests when I started posting on the boards more. I'd post my opinion about things and people who agreed wanted to friend me.. or a lot of people liked my progress and figured they might be able to get some tips (their words not mine). Just start posting more on the main boards and you'll get a lot of requests :)

I'm one of those people who have a lot of friends. I'm not a "hoarder" though.. I don't add friends just to have more friends. I've only requested people who inspired me in some way or whom I knew had a wealth of knowledge to share. I'm trying to whittle down my list at the moment but I don't want to delete people for no good reason either.

Good luck :)

Haha, hoarder. You don't sound it. I think it's awesome to have a lot of friends and just like, a basic community, even if you don't constantly talk to EVERY person. I enjoy talking to people though, but of course, if you have so many, I'd imagine it's hard.
  • jenniferlynnn93
    Options
    I rarely ask to add people, people usually ask me. I thought it's cause I'm awesome. I'm probably wrong though. I usually accept cause I figure they are adding me for a reason. Anyway I can help, is what I figure.

I've never asked before, I'm too shy in that sense. I guess that's why I don't have many friends, haha. It's nice of you to accept everyone.
  • jenniferlynnn93
    Options

That's how I am in real life, quality over quantity. I have a very small social circle. But I'm on here a lot, and there's a lot of great fun people on my friends list. I'm fortunate that they're all pretty active. I did go through today and trim some of the dead weight.

Me too. I'm just not overly social in 'real life', haha. I mean, my sister, mother and a couple others are all I have. And I have a deep relationship with all of them. I love my life this way. :} I'm not opposed to new friends, however.
  • mcneesbit65
    Options
    You can add me. (: I'm serious about my weight loss and in supporting others. I'd love to help support you on your journey!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I like having many friends but I may have let many down in the one-on-one department.

My original intention was to have a few 'close friends'

With nearing 300 ppl on my list, I rely on MFP notifications and my wall to prompt me to cheer people on.

Now I still like to input and encourage and I make an effort to always reply.

I am flat out remembering to do something for myself let alone others.

Last time I did a bulk delete on facebook and MFP so many friends were like "we haven't seen your updates or posts or blogs", etc.
  • chefkev
    chefkev Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm adding you, you seem cool!