RED TEAM WEEK 2

Options

Replies

• andrea09
    andrea09 Posts: 124
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone! I have been up most of the night with a sick kitty. Ugg! I am really hoping it will not throw my eating off track. I wont let it.
    I conqured late night eating last night by getting on the treadmill and walking. Any one have any trick to conqure the urge to eat late night? Drinking my water is getting easier by the day. Yippy!
    Have a great day everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone! I have been up most of the night with a sick kitty. Ugg! I am really hoping it will not throw my eating off track. I wont let it.
    I conqured late night eating last night by getting on the treadmill and walking. Any one have any trick to conqure the urge to eat late night? Drinking my water is getting easier by the day. Yippy!

Awww! I hope the kitty gets better!!

Well I read this somewhere else, that this is something Jillian would tell the Biggest Loser contestants for sweets cravings, but it could work for that and for late night cravings!.....

Brush your teeth! Since nothing else tastes right after except water, you are less likely to go grab something to eat because of they way it will taste, and instead you can chug down some water.

And thanks, I can't wait to get into my first set of clothes on the top of my motivation pile! Then it's only a matter of time before I get into the next! :bigsmile:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Well I got my appetite back some for dinner yesterday and had grilled pork tenderloin, applesauce, mixed melon and cottage cheese okay so it's a weird combo but I ate out and the place we went had mostly greasy sides so those were healthy ones. I had a little spinach artichoke dip too but still came in way under calories since I felt yucky in the earlier part of the day so didn't eat much. I got home put the left overs in the fridge and did not touch them yeah me :drinker: no late eating! I also made sure to get in my water so I could get rehydrated after being sick. I am back to normal today and working on a healthy day. Depending on how long my meeting goes after school I hope to make it to the gym for a short workout before I have to get dinner then off to class from 6-9pm. Hope you all have a good evening!:flowerforyou:
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options

Awww! I hope the kitty gets better!!

Well I read this somewhere else, that this is something Jillian would tell the Biggest Loser contestants for sweets cravings, but it could work for that and for late night cravings!.....

Brush your teeth! Since nothing else tastes right after except water, you are less likely to go grab something to eat because of they way it will taste, and instead you can chug down some water.

And thanks, I can't wait to get into my first set of clothes on the top of my motivation pile! Then it's only a matter of time before I get into the next! :bigsmile:

wow the brushing the teeth thing sounds like an excellent idea! im going to try that... if i have an earge to eat at night ill eat a cucumber plain which is 0 calories.. its like drinking water...
  • hurleycutie142
    Options
    so today im going to extra work out cause i got a try out with the azusa pacific university softball team and if i make it i get a scholarship... i am super nervous... so im going to use that as a motivation to hit the gym much harder... and i got a call for a school out of state so im going to call them today too :] so im going to start my day with my protein shake take my energy pill and get going... sooo nervous!!!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Good luck hurley!:drinker:

When you brush do the whole routine with flossing and mouthwash and everything. I hate to floss and when I do I really do not want to mess it all up. :bigsmile:
  • JustAnotherGirl
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone!! Yesterday I had an awesome run, 71 minutes and 6.2 miles. It was just one of those days where I felt I could run forever!! :smile: I wish everyday was like that!! Today I plan on doing the Getting Ripped 1000 workout today....have to love Jari!!

Good luck Hurley on your try-outs!! I played softball in college too...what position do you play?

I hope that everyone has/had a great workout today!!!
  • andrea09
    andrea09 Posts: 124
    Options
    Good luck hurley!!! You will do great!

Brushing the teeth thing sounds like an awesome idea. In fact I am going to go and try it now. LOL!

Oh my old old kitty. We have to take her to Seattle tonight. 2 hour drive uggg.... She can get good care there from a really good friend who is an Emergancy vet. She is only 15 and I am totally not ready to let her go. Although she might be ready. I do wish animals could tell you how they are feeling.

On another note, have any of you that are taking insulin felt not very hungry once starting taking it? I am on glucophage and I am finding it really hard to eat. It might be that I am stressed and worried about my kitty, but I made a sandwich for lunch and the dang thing totally looked gross! :sick: I bet it is because I am worried and stressed. :ohwell:
  • jlhcrh3
    Options
    I bet it is because I am worried and stressed. :ohwell:

it's a good chance. even though there are lots of times i overindulge when i'm stressed, there are also lots of times that i'm so upset i can't eat.
  • jomane81
    jomane81 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good luck on the tryout, Hurley!!

:frown: I hope the sick kitty feels better soon. As a fellow pet lover, I must say I adore all the animal profile pics. Except that it makes me want to drive to the Humane Society and pick up some more furry friends of my own!!!

I still haven't nailed the 8 cups a day of water thing, but I HAVE been cutting out drinks that are unhealthy (like soda). I've also been experimenting wtih the different "Health waters" out there. So far, the 10 Vitamin Water is my favorite (lemonade flavor or Orange Orange). It's 25 calories to drink a whole bottle, but that gest me 20 oz of water, so I figure it's worth it! SoBe Life water isn't terrible either. Do any of you drink those, or are you all tough enough to take straight tap or plain bottled water?

As far as late night snacking goes, last night I botched it by going out for a small ice cream to celebrate my hubby's raise. Tonight, I work till 9, and I'm trying to not eat after 8 no matter what! I'm going to grab a granola bar at about 7:45 and hope it lasts me.

Just out of curiosity, do you guys consider youself whole food nuts (meant in the nicest way possible), or do you end up eating a lot of prepackaged food? I'm a sucker for the convenience of lean pockets and special K bars...

Oh, and on a final side note, I went jogging for the first time since I was a high school athlete and was forced to run to make the tennis team... I was afriad I might die, but I did a super light workout. I don't know yet if I'm really going to try to make it part of my workout routine or not. Biking is more my style.

Hope you're all having a snack free late night! :bigsmile:

-Jo

176744.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    On another note, have any of you that are taking insulin felt not very hungry once starting taking it? I am on glucophage and I am finding it really hard to eat. It might be that I am stressed and worried about my kitty, but I made a sandwich for lunch and the dang thing totally looked gross! :sick: I bet it is because I am worried and stressed. :ohwell:

When I first started with insulin (approx. 8 years ago), I felt absolutely awful the first few days. But it went away. I think it was just adjusting to everything. You'll still have your bad days, but it should get better. If you still don't feel like eating in a few days, call your doc. But, for now, my best guess is just that you are worried and stressed. :frown:
  • hurleycutie142
    Options
    wow i took a power nap and wake up with all these posts! i didnt go to the gym yet im going at like 7 to take a bootcamp conditioning class at the gym...

aww poor cat! i hate to see animals suffer... i went to the dog pound the other day and left almost crying cause my boyfriend told me that they kill them after awhile if no one takes them... i wanted all of them!

but as for softball im a catcher/1b... cant wait till tryout! i want to get it over with!

ya i screwed up last night on the late night snacking... i ate a special k cereal with non fat milk and a raisin bread with cream cheese last night at like 11... i couldnt sleep so i ate... o well it wasnt that much calories...
  • jlhcrh3
    Options
    YAY HELEN!!! Oh, what a wonderful Biggest Loser Finale! I wanted Mike to win, but Helen was my second pick!

Anyway!

I did good on late night snacking last night. In fact, I was asleep before 12 (which is unheard of for me!) I got up at 5:50 and mom and I went on a 2.6 mile walk. I have been slacking just a tad in the food department yesterday and today.

I am not a whole food nut. We just can't afford it. When we went grocery shopping this last time we bought all "healthy" things, and spent more than we ever have. But I don't think it's all that bad as long as you're staying away from trans fats, and watching cals, sodium, etc.

I also don't drink any vitamin waters or anything like that. and absolutely no sodas for me! Not only are they bad enough as is, but with all the stomach problems I already have, it's a terrible combination. I used to have them sometimes, but always regretted it. I am a recovering sweet tea addict though...in fact I had a glass tonight with dinner, but I also got all 8 glasses of water in today, so I don't feel that guilty about it, especially since it had 1/3 of the amount of sugar in it than the tea I used to make!

Man, watching the BL finale tonight just makes me so much more motivated!

Good luck everyone! We can do it!

P.S. I lost an inch off my waist!!!
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    P.S. I lost an inch off my waist!!!

Wow, that's great! :happy:
  • JustAnotherGirl
    Options
    YAY HELEN!!! Oh, what a wonderful Biggest Loser Finale! I wanted Mike to win, but Helen was my second pick!
    jlhrch3....you ruined it for us west coasters!!! :tongue: I come on here during a BL commercial and already found out who won :grumble: LOL!! But I am actually surprised that Helen won....I really thought she was the underdog of the three!! Go Helen!!

P.S. Congrats on the inch off the waist!!
  • jlhcrh3
    Options
    jlhrch3....you ruined it for us west coasters!!! :tongue: I come on here during a BL commercial and already found out who won :grumble: LOL!! But I am actually surprised that Helen won....I really thought she was the underdog of the three!! Go Helen!!

P.S. Congrats on the inch off the waist!!

:frown: Oh no, I'm sorry!! I stayed off the website until the show was over so I wouldn't accidentally see who won. I forget about the people on the other side of the nation :laugh: Yeah, I am actually pretty glad she won because she's the oldest. This morning when my mom and I were huffing and puffing up a hill on our walk, I was saying "If Helen can do it, so can we!" lol.

P.S. Thanks! (to you and nevermore!) I can't wait to see some more come off so I can fit into the next size down, whoo hoo!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Hi all! How can I get in on this? Am I too late? :ohwell:
  • jlhcrh3
    Options
    Hi all! How can I get in on this? Am I too late? :ohwell:

Nope! Just give your starting weight and you're in business!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Sweet! My weight startiing right now is 217. Yipes! :laugh:
  • jlhcrh3
    Options
    Ok, we weigh in on mondays. we have a new challenge each week, added onto the ones from the previous weeks. So last week's challenge was to drink 8 glasses of water each day. This week's challenge is to drink 8 glasses of water each day, and to quit late-night snacking!