So what did you indulge in for Christmas??!!?!?!?

Options

Replies

• CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato pie :)
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Well last week I was home with my 6 and 5 year old boys so needless to say I drank alot! They were driving me crazy! And everytime I had to break up a fight, I went to the garage and grabbed a beer. So on average I drank a six pack everyday!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    I let myself have a serving or a half serving of anything that looked good to me.
    Amazingly, the Buckeye candy didn't taste as good to me this year but the fudge tasted wonderful.
    I allowed myself some Christmas sugar cookies but only a few.
    I don't drink ( allergic to alcohol ) so that wasn't an issue...
    I only had one piece of pumpkin pie and I chose Cool Whip over ice cream.
    I knew I wasn't going to be able to get out and exercise while my Mom was staying with us so it felt really good to get out and get some fresh air, sunshine, and exercise this AM.
    Sugar detoxing for me this week !!
  • csoul27
    Options
    Wine, rum, cookies, cookies, cookies....oh wait. Did I mention cookies?? I can say I never want to see another cookie again. :sick:
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    Wine, broccoli/cheese casserole, wine, ham, wine, cheese balls, wine, turkey, wine, potatoes au gratin, beer, homemade candy, wine, chips and dips of several varieties, beer, butternut squash risotto, wine, pecan pie, wine, Christmas cookies. And finished the evening off with a nightcap or two.

I think I would have been okay if I hadn't eaten at 3 different steak houses and 1 wing place while shopping on Friday and Saturday.

This is Legendary!!!

I think I must have been with you - oh the wine - OHHHH my head :) but it was all good
  • wagreen
    wagreen Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Homemade strawberry cake, OMG...I put it in a 16oz cup and alternated cake, french vanillia icecream, cake, icecream,etc.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    The wine, the pie, and the bag of Doritos during the movie. Oh, and the glazed donuts. Plus the crackers and dips.:sad:
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    This was spread out over 4 get-togethers, but here goes:

*A 1/4 of a cheeseball made w/ real bacon, green onions & cream cheese and an entire sleeve of ritz
    *pigs n blankets
    *sausage balls
    *homemade chex mix
    *shrimp cocktail
    *sweet n sour meatballs
    *veggies n dip
    *celery w/ pimento cheese
    * ham on yeast rolls
    *potato salad
    *baked beans
    *BBQ pork sandwich w/ slaw & chips
    *a turkey leg
    *hashbrown casserole
    *asparagus
    *sweet potato casserole
    *pinot grigio
    *chenin blanc
    *sangria w/ orange slices floating in it - Yum!!
    *assorted cookies, cakes, pies & candy
  • nutrientnatalie
    Options
    Desserts and mac and cheese. Ugh.
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Ahh... the Polish food did me in this year. Home made pierogi.. how could I say no? Then my aunt made my favorite cheesy potatoes. They were fantastic. I told myself I could indulge a little if I didn't drink, and I didn't. Which is a MAJOR accomplishment for me! lol :drinker: ... somehow managed to lose 2.6 lbs last week... so I must have done something right :tongue:
  • BecTech
    BecTech Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Everything.
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    whiskey, rum, moscato, cookies, homemade waffles, ham, bacon, russian tea cakes, baked beans, cheesy potatoes, CHINESE FOOD, ugh. you name it.. but then stepped on the scale, gained .2? yeah right. haha.
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I think the question for me is, what DIDN'T I indulge in??? :embarassed:
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    double post
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Small glass of white wine and one Jameson on the rocks.:wink: Date balls(many), peanut brittle, divinity (many), cream cheese mints, ham, homemade rolls (one) and (it seems to be a theme here) homemade mac and cheese-two different kinds. And of course, frosted homemade Christmas cookies.
    The real naughty was Christmas Eve. It is our family tradition to eat steamed snowcrab legs and butter. Lots of butter. I cooked and by the time everyone was served my husband was done. He cleaned crab for me and put it on my plate.:smooched: I couldn't even count the calorie burn of ripping those buggers apart.:noway: Back on the straight nd narrow today, mostly. No big plans for New Year's and I don't drink alcohol very often so hopefully things will settle down now. I only gained a pound from last Wed. and that was after breakfast. I forgot to weigh before breakfast and so many of my MFP friend were lamenting their gains so I had to check. Official weigh in is Wed.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Apart from all the food... 3 bottles of rose wine over two days... Plus Bailey's... No wonder I felt a bit funny today. :-)
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    tamales
    queso
    gravy
    pan dulce
    yeast rolls
    pound cake
    banana nut bread
    REAL dr pepper not DIET dr pepper
    sangria swirls
    bbq ribs, sausage and brisket

aye dios mio i make myself sick thinking about it
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I ate candies, breads, meats and anything else within reach.

Nothing green unless it was icing on a cookie...lol
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Chocolates!!! Dove Rasberry Swirl and anything Lindt
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My Aunt's homemade fudge... I was fine until there was fudge!! Then there were cheese a crackers.

...and a bottle of wine....

and I regret NOTHING. The scale didn't bite me, and I'm right back on top of things.

New Years Eve will be interesting though, I anticipate much wine!! Hmm, I could save all my calories for wine! Ha! Yeah, all the vino without food nothing could possibly go wrong with that scenario!
    (woo hoo!!)