STARVING AND NEED HELP

Options

Replies

• Johnnycell
    Options
    OMG. Your body will start to eat your muscle if you do not get the proper nutrition. This MFP site should be used as a guide in your diet and EXERCISE goals. But it is very important to eat good and eat enough.
    Your menu should read something like this

meal 1- 3-4 egg whites plus 2 eggs with 3/4-1 cup oatmeal (1/2 cup almond milk)
    meal 2- 1 scoop protien shake
    meal 3- 6 oz chicken breast, 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup green beans
    meal 4 - 1 tbsp peanut butter with 1 med apple (give energy for workout)
    -workout
    meal 5 -2 scoops protien shake (right after workout)
    meal 6 -6-8 oz chicken breast or lean beef or fish, 8 asparagus spears, 1/2 cup brown rice or sweet potato, 2 cups salad 1/2 cup baby spinach (add some red peppers cucumbers) 2 tbsp low fat vinagrette.

this is about a 1700-1800 calorie menu. If you consider burning 1200-1800 calories during workout then you will loose weight fast. I lost 10 lbs of scale weight and 9% body fat in 2 months sticking to a similar diet plan (plus 45 minutes of cardio a day and weight training 4-5 days/week).

This is a lot of food and you will be full. Get a personal trainer if you can to help guide you.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the pre-packaged stuff - eat more veggies and lean meat.
  • Angierae81
    Angierae81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I completely understand your pain, i do my best to eat i high fiber food in order to curb the cravings but im hungry all the time, and im battling back problems and in physical therapy so no exersice points for me, and i have a wedding dress that needs to fit a whole lot better by may!!!
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    your diary is saying you still have 840 calories left for the day.... ..... ..... ..... eat something!!.. Fruits, Veggies.....
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I did some guessing, but your BMR for someone 240, 5ft 5 and 35 years old (i just took averages for the height and age it will be close even if its not correct height and age) would be 1850 calories....that's without moving and staying in bed all day, so you probably burn 2400-2500/day and only eating 1200 calories. You see why you are starving....1200 is not healthy
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Girl, where are your natural foods?
    Definitely cut back on the processed, high sodium foods, and simple carbs (which will mess with your blood sugar and make you hungrier), and start incorporating whole foods (fresh fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts, beans, etc) and lean proteins which will satiate you.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    It's not normal, it's not human...I keep looking at my diary. I have been eating all day. I had an english muffin breakfast from weight watchers for lunch, then another one for snack...then a healthy choice lunch, 3 chocalate nuggets, 2 oragnes...that shoudl be more than enough for normal human beings! I have only 270 calories left for the rest of the day (its only 4:07) and I am literally staving to death...I can chew through my desk right now. I am not particularly stressed or unhappy, and I am aware of my boredom since office is dead due to holidays, but I am feeling physical achy starvation signals. How can I keep this up for a year in order for me to lose weight? anyone else go through this?

My weight is 240
    I have managed to lose 10 lbs from start
    Goal weight is 160
    I am 5'7 female

HELP PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE

I was 240. Now 220. But I feel your pain. Totally. With the Calories there are some things like Spinich and Chicken with some lemon sooo good and so filing and not very many calories(I make it like a salad, with the lemon for the dressing also if you wanted to add a few calories you could add in cheese and other veggies). Also, cucumbers help with hunger and those taste so yummy with just a smidge of blasimic(i think thats how you spell it) dressing which is only like 10 calories a serving.

Its true you havent really eatten a whole lot. Try to have something filling but healthy :) Protein. Like Almonds.

Green Tea also helps to curb hunger
  • FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating all your exercise calories back and you are eating alot of pre packaged processed things....cook you own meals and you can get more bang for your calorie buck. Eat high protein and you will feel full longer.
  • rmsturdy
    Options
    Omg I would die if I could only eat 1200 calories a day. Don't feel bad about upping your calorie count! Your body goes into starvation mode at 1200 a day and you'll actually GAIN weight if you eat that little. Mine is set a little low too (1350) but I get cheat days (I eat what I want as long as I control the portions and don't count calories) on the weekend where I don't count so I have to be extra good during the week.

Breakfast suggestion: 1/2 cup egg beaters (approx 2 real eggs), 2 slices of canadian bacon and a skinny cow cheese on a whole wheat english muffin. NOM! So good and so healthy for you!

Lunch suggestion: I have one of the healthy choice steamer meals and a can of Progresso Lite soup during my work week. It's usually right around 500 calories for ALL that yummy food! Plus all the liquid in the soup really helps fill you up. Veggies make great snacks! Almost no calories compared to carbs and protien. And they have lots of fiber so they fill you up and slow your digestion!

Oh and workout! You'll feel so much better and you get to eat more! Plus, I find that working out supresses my appetite
  • Fashionista012
    Fashionista012 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    thank you thank you I had not thought about the processed part of this...I was doing the packaged food due to convenience and cost. figured whats really the difference between doing jenny craig or nutrisystem than buying your own packaged meals. I will try to get more veggies in though..
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Definitely cut back on the processed, high sodium foods, and simple carbs (which will mess with your blood sugar and make you hungrier), and start incorporating whole foods (fresh fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts, beans, etc) and lean proteins which will satiate you.

yeah what she said! I think maybe add more protien and veggies. and only use the frozen foods for emergency
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    THIS!!!:)
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    Try eating real food and not frozen food and processed food.
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Your diet is neither healthy nor filling. You need more protein, vegetables, dairy products, even a certain amount of fat. That Healthy Choice meal isn't nearly enough food. Like other frozen dinners, it has little nutrition and it probably has a lot of sodium and preservatives in it. And even with coupons and sakes, frozen meals cost more than any homemade meal. There are quite a few healthy meals you can prepare in little time and for less money. Get a cookbook or look online. You can do it.
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    thank you thank you I had not thought about the processed part of this...I was doing the packaged food due to convenience and cost. figured whats really the difference between doing jenny craig or nutrisystem than buying your own packaged meals. I will try to get more veggies in though..

Eating Fresh whole foods, Veggies, Fruits, Meats, Seafood... if you shop right, buy things that are in season, you will find it is less expensive. If time is a factor, make a few days meals in advance on a Sunday night..
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I am in a very close weight range, am 5 ft. 3 inches, and my caloric intake goal is 1260/day. To some this may not be enough, but I have found it is currently working for me. My feedback to you would be to kick the processed foods as much as you can. I used to be a lean cuisine/quick frozen meal type of person and I was always hungry. Now I have very little processed food and eat six small meals at various intervals throughout the day. Today I've eaten the following (and am full right now):

Meal 1: Oatmeal/Coffee
    Meal 2: 5 oz Greek Yogurt
    Meal 3: 4 oz grilled chicken breast/2 cups steamed veggies
    Meal 4: 1 cup raw veggies/2 tbsp guacamole/5 rice thins

I have planned the following for the rest of my food for the day

Meal 5: Homemade lasagna/ small side salad
    Meal 6: Apple

Thus far, I have found lots of protein, fiber, minimum amount of processed food and lots of water has worked for me even at a "low" calorie goal. I rarely eat back my exercise calories (with the exception of this past weekend, holidays, eeks) unless my body tells me I need them, and have steadily lost 1-2 lbs/week for since mid September. I work out 4-6 times/week, for 60-90 minutes. To be honest you are going to get a lot of responses, and probably find a great deal of good advice and some things will work for you and some won’t. I would say to try new things, listen to your body and most importantly focus on fueling your body properly. You’ll find what works for you.

Good luck!
    ~KJ
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others that you should definitely increase your intake, because if you're starving you will not be able to maintain the diet. You hear all the time how people lose tons of weight with "cleanses" and "liquid diets" but they always put it right back on because it is impossible to maintain. Starving yourself only leads to binges which inevitably makes things worse. Exercise is also important and if you're starving, you won't have the energy for a good workout.

I looked at your diary and I notice you are also eating too much sodium (unfortunately the WW meals are full of it). Too much extra salt tricks your body into thinking it's hungry, even if it's not. Too much sodium also makes your hold extra water and bloat up. So drink a lot of water for a couple days to flush out the excess, try to eat less sodium (non-processed foods are the best choice) and increase your calorie intake slightly.

Also when your about to reach for another chocolate, take a quick five minute walk outside. Usually that's enough to let the craving pass and moving around will make you feel better :)
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I started MFP at 1200 calories but then upped my calorie intake to match my BMR. I now aim for about 1400 calories. I feel more energetic and fuller for a longer time.

I suggest you also match your calories to your BMR as you go along. You can only lose so much weight per week, so why starve yourself needlessly?
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Okay, did a quick calc on your BMR....at Sedentary (sitting at a desk all day) your BMR is 2280 calories. You should set your MFP goal at about 20% less than that. So, that would be 450-500 cals less. Let's say 500....so your goal to lose 1 pound per week should be 1780 calories. That is probably why you are starving.

Also, as for your morning breakfast choices...if I can off some advice. Instead of the English Muffin....try having oatmeal, eggs, and yogurt. For that same 420 calories you had empty simple carbs you could have had complex carbs (oatmeal=150 cals) an egg (protein=90 cals) and greek yogurt (protein 100 cals) totl of 340 cals....throw in some fruit (50 cals) and you have a feast for less calories than what you had today. All tht protein will also help to keep you full longer!

If you want some reading material and see where I got your BMR go here http://www.shapefit.com/bmr.html

And if you want to read a long, but very informative article on how your BMR and claories work for your body go here
    http://www.shapefit.com/basal-metabolic-rate.html

Good luck and feel free to friend me and message me anytime if you need to chat! I am off to work now....but will be on again later tonight! :) Keep your chin up! And eat some food! I suggest some nuts, fish, chicken breast (only 100 cals in 4 oz).....a huge salad with chicken breast and light dressing can be around 300 calories and very filling as well as healthy!

THIS times 10!!!!
  • MaggieMay131
    MaggieMay131 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Trust me, it will NOT be too much if you eat 1700 calories! I am 5'9" and 155 lbs and I eat 1640 on days I don't exercise and close to 2,000 on days I work out. And I am losing weight. You need to trust!!! 1200 calories is too low for most people.