Women who eat 1200 Calories

Options

Replies

• LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Aren't you a male? If so, why post specifically to women? Surely a man can undereat sufficiently to find himself in the same situation as your hypothetical women eating 1200 cals/day. And I sincerely doubt that a woman who is 5' or under is going to waste away rapidly on a healthy diet of 1200 calories. Women are not all the same, 1200 calories is not the lowest appropriate level for everyone, and I rather doubt that your dictatorial post with no supporting evidence will make much difference to those women who are succeeding based on what they find is right for their bodies.

this
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    hmm..well based on this advice...I'll definitely increase mine..how's 1201?
    Seriously depends on my burn and the day..I worked out for 3 hours today so will probably eat a little more than the norm..
    These blanket posts never end well :)
  • cheekyleonie
    cheekyleonie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I would DIE if I only at that much!!! Especially on days I exercise!!!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    really to each their own as my mom would have said :)
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    This post is bogus.
  • crazy4youz
    crazy4youz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    OKay so I'm set at 1200....and today I earned exercise calories. People keep telling me not to eat them. So should I set my calories higher and not eat back my exercise calories or just keep it the same and eat back all my extras?

Y ou can eat them if you want to, it wont hurt you. But only eat them back if you are hungry, not just because you can.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on the person.

I held on to weight until I upped mine - I usually eat 1400-1600 net and am losing - 5'4" and 130 pounds at present. With exercise, I'm usually actually consuming around 1700-2000 calories on any given day.
  • fatfranny
    fatfranny Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I asked my doctor about eating only 1200 calories a day. (I too am 4 foot 10 inches tall.) He said that a low calorie (1200) diet was actually very healthy for me. I was successful at losing and maintaining my weight loss, as long as I was on MFP daily logging my meals. As soon as I stopped I have gained all the weight I lost back again. SO....Here I go again. I need motivation.
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    for me to loose weight I am supposed to eat 1200 cal a day....I always go over because I am hungry...i just "makeup" for it by working out .

Same here! I am a tiny person - 5'1" - and when I am HAPPY with my weight, I am 100 lbs. The reason I am not so happy these days is because I have been eating waaaaayyyy over the 1200 cal a day limit. I have found that if I add exercise into the equation, I don't lose weight, so all the people who lose while "eating their exercise calories..." I am in awe of you! But it never worked for me!

It IS amazing just how different we all are!
  • crazy4youz
    Options
    I'm on a 1200 limit and its working out for me. Calorie intake is based on height, weight, age, lifestyle, gender, and tons of other factors. I have friends who are the same size, same age, but eat more calories because they are more active.
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm five feet tall. 1200 calories is good.

^^^^^^^^^^^

This when I was losing, maintaining is not much more.
  • lauriepettay
    Options
    mine suggest 1930
  • therenegadeangel
    therenegadeangel Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    ...Everyone's body is different. So...uh...yeah.

*cricket chirp*
  • crazy4youz
    Options
    And body type has alot to do with how much of what you should have
  • martalaurazayas
    martalaurazayas Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I agree, that's just about what I am allotted and I am very very happy with my 62 lbs that I have lost. The average weight loss for me is 1lb per week. I don't want to be that lean anyway. I like a little fat to soften the muscles. Some people want to look like Madonna and some like Marilyn. I prefer the Marilyn look.
  • kellyrsmith82
    Options
    I eat 1200 calories most of the time, am losing a pound a week and have a lot of muscle. Are you talking net or gross?-that confuses a lot of people. I never get the 'starvation warning" either.

I'm always getting that warning...too few calories. I am on 1200 but can't always eat that.... seriously, I can't.

Im on 1200 as well and im lucky if I can get in 1100 by the end of the day Im full and also I workout alot and loose on average 5 pounds a week so far
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Got to let the guys know about this cat fight****grabbing cell phone, ordering pizza and beer and friends!*****
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    It is just astonishing how opinionated folks are and how afraid so many are about eating too few calories.

I'm 5'2" tall, 47 year old female, with a desk job. My healthy weight range is roughly 102-139. If I were to weigh 120 lbs before I turn 48 (not happening), my daily maintenance calories would be about 1250-1300. As I get closer to goal, in order to lose weight (even very slowly), I need to eat less than that. I am not interested in taking 10 years to get to goal, lol.

And even when I get to goal, I understand that my metabolism will slow as I age (even if I keep exercising) and thus my maintenance calories will be under 1200 someday.

Weight Watchers, for example, with TONS of experience and success, doctors on staff, etc. takes folks down to 1,000 calories daily (and allows them not to eat their exercise calories) as they near their goal if the stats call for that to keep losing.

Each person is very different. There is no correct amount of calories (or water) for all persons. MFP 1200 default is quite conservative and perfectly healthy (assuming folks are using their calories on primarily healthy foods).
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    1200 is working for me, and I don't care who you are, you won't change my mind about it. I'm not starving myself, I eat when I'm hungry, I eat healthy and I have lost 80lbs, it works for me, and until it stops working for me, I will continue to do what I think is best for me. I'm sure you meant well with your thread, you might can lose weight and do better with more, but you have no right to tell anyone else what they are doing is wrong unless they are harming themselves. Just my thought!
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Wait until you get in your 40's.