What would you think of YOU?

Options
JoyceJoanne
JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
I often wonder, if I saw myself walking down the street (or at the mall, at a party, in a club) what would "I" think of me. I tend to be hypercritical of myself. Is it just because it's ME? I KNOW all of my flaws and 'trouble areas'. Do my eyes go straight to those areas because I know they're there?

What would I think about me wearing name brand skinny jeans or at the tanning bed (in the summer) or shopping at VIctoria's Secret? Wearing cheekie panties, or a bikini? ? Would I believe that I am 43 (many people don't- I have taken out my ID to prove it) and have a 24 & 22 yr old? Would I think that I am fun and like fun young things because I am young at heart or would I think that I am trying too hard?

I guess I'll never know...

What are your thoughts about YOU? What would you say about YOU??

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    By appearance probably not much good but hope once I got to know me,that wouldn`t matter so much.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I have this thought often too. I wish I could just peek in on myself every now and again. What vibe do I portray? Where do I need to work harder on at the gym? Am I really the size I feel I am? I think a whole heck of a lot of people could benefit from seeing how they come across to others.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I would think I look chubby but decent in my clothing choices, and that I could use a bit of a hair style ( I wear a pony tail almost everyday) I would also think I have a pretty face.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Im never happy with the way I look. Maybe I am not as fat as I think I am? Im not sure cuz I see fat
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I often wonder why people talk to me. I mean, I'm totally glad that they do, but I'm so friggen crazy, I don't know how people deal with it. Especially my friends. That's why I love them, I guess, because they deal with my crazy and like me anyway. :)
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I often wonder why people talk to me. I mean, I'm totally glad that they do, but I'm so friggen crazy, I don't know how people deal with it. Especially my friends. That's why I love them, I guess, because they deal with my crazy and like me anyway. :)
    Should I be afraid? lol
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    "she's okay looking, and really dumb"... this is common.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    "she's okay looking, and really dumb"... this is common.
  • jlfox165
    Options
    To be honest, I wouldn't like myself. I'm not comfortable with my own image, hence a fox for my profile pic. I am sure others feel the same. Not trying to gain pity by any means, but I feel when people see me, they want to avoid me.
  • watup
    watup Posts: 6
    Options
    Sometimes I feel that I hide behind this happy-go-lucky, giggly mask so much that I often don't even know the real me.....and if I saw myself walking by, I'd tell myself to buy a desperately needed gym membership and go buy some rllyyyy high heels. It's safe to say that I'm chubby and rly short. Not a good combination. :/
  • Aussiefirebird02
    Options
    I've thought this too! As long as I am trying my best to be the best I can be...well that's all I can do. I can't change what I was given so I make the best of what I've got.

I've seen myself on video, and I am never like what I imagine myself to be :-) Even my mannerisms are different from what I think they are. I'm ok with who I am though - but I often wonder what other people think too! I hope for "sexy, sophisticated and fun" but really its probably just "omg she is effin nuts"! Baaaahahahahaha :-)
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I would think that I have bad posture.
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Yuck. Horribly average, fairly overweight. Hope that girl's got a good sense of humor (Thank God, I do).
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,791 Member
    Options
    I'd look at me and think:

- "He's not as tough as he think he is."

-"He looks like an arrogant *sshole."

Fact is, you can't judge a book by it's cover. That guy muight be a sensitive, caring, intelligent person but I wouldn't hang out with him, because there can only be one Alpha male in a group.
  • mortla
    mortla Posts: 73
    Options
    Honestly I would say: She looks angry and sad at the same time...bad hair.
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    What a creep!! He has been spending the last 20 minutes reading all the peanut butter jars!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I think what other people think of me is none of my business. :happy:
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I would probably think based on personality...... she is a strong, confident woman, matter of fact, decisive. At least that's what I've had others tell me of their first impression. Fact is.... I would be wrong. I don't wear all my insecurities on the outside but I am tormented inside over every move I make. Fact is.... I really WANT to do everything "perfect" but have little trust in my own judgement and ability. However, this forum has helped to change so many areas of my life that I find that one getting better as well.

I don't know what my reaction would be to my physical appearance. I don't judge others as harshly as I do myself so I might be able to find a few good comments to throw in there...lol. I do know that I've caught glimpses of myself in mirrors and reflecting off surfaces lately and not even recognized the reflection as mine! After being overweight my entire life, that was pretty awesome!
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered this myself. I've had some people tell me (after getting to know me), you aren't a snob at all. I'm always baffled by this, because..No, I'm not a snob, I'm actually pretty shy. So I think my shyness gets seen another way. As far as what they think of how I look, not really sure. I have some comment on how tiny I am (more of shortness aspect, rather than being thin).