*cricket chirp*
  • Charshel
    Options
    Wait until you get in your 40's.
    Exactly!
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am set to eat 1200 to lose 1lb a week and i am 5'0. I use that 1200 as a reference not a law. Some days i range anywhere from 1100 to 1500 and that doesn't include my workout calories. I haven't lost that much weight that i know of (don't get to weigh again for another few days) but I am noticing my fat is less and my muscle is more. :)

Census on this subject is seeming that.. everyone is different! Who knew?!
  • ConsciousGirl
    Options
    Please DO NOT EAT only 1200 calories in a given day. This may seem like a crazy notion to those of you who are scared to eat, but EATING YOUR TOTAL CALORIES ON A .5 TO 1 POUND LOSS PER WEEK and exercising will give you the leanest, sexiest body you can ask for. I've eaten 1800 calories a day before while exercising and lost weight but it was mostly muscle. You need muscle to look sexy. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. Okay, I'm good now.

1200 calories is not undereating, in fact my 'loss per week' is set at 1 pound per week. I'm 5'4 by the way. If I ate 1500 calories a day I would GAIN weight.
    Everyone is different.
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    Options
    I ate 1200 calories when I first started and didnt have any problems with losing any weight. You have to get rid of alot of the fat before you can build muscle so you need a lower calorie intake at first then boost it up alitlle when you start losing to build that lost fat into muscle.. You dont want to build muscle over fat thats not very sexy.. Just saying
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    Options
    I ate 1200 calories when I first started and didnt have any problems with losing any weight. You have to get rid of alot of the fat before you can build muscle so you need a lower calorie intake at first then boost it up alitlle when you start losing to build that lost fat into muscle.. You dont want to build muscle over fat thats not very sexy.. Just saying
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Please DO NOT EAT only 1200 calories in a given day. This may seem like a crazy notion to those of you who are scared to eat, but EATING YOUR TOTAL CALORIES ON A .5 TO 1 POUND LOSS PER WEEK and exercising will give you the leanest, sexiest body you can ask for. I've eaten 1800 calories a day before while exercising and lost weight but it was mostly muscle. You need muscle to look sexy. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. Okay, I'm good now.
    Might be a good idea to worry about what you eat and let others worry about what they eat.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I don't need anything to look sexy meat head.. I got an *kitten* and boobs, and most guys would consider that pretty damn sexy.

If women on this site want to eat 1200 calories and not lift weights, then great.. that is their prerogative and you should support that. Just because you think it's oh so wrong that a women doesn't have muscle and eats a little amount, does not mean that it's actually wrong.
  • Raclex
    Raclex Posts: 238
    Options
    *cricket chirp*

followed by awkward silence....

Lmao!
  • Jessicak02
    Jessicak02 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes, because exactly what works for you will work for everyone right?
  • MLeigh18
    MLeigh18 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I keep my log at 1300 calories/day. But I eat more than that. I like to keep it there so that I can get at least 1300 calories of good clean food. I normally give myself an extra 300-400 for any spare snacking, dessert, that second scoop of almond and walnuts.

It's more of a psych thing, really.
  • HotMessPrincess
    HotMessPrincess Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Your advice is a huge generalization. Just because something doesn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for others.

If I were you, I'd worry more about what I'm putting in my own body instead of giving "advice" to others. I do what works for me. You should do what works for you and let others do the same. :-)
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1200 cals/day. I have lost over 70 lbs since June. I have developed more muscle and more energy. Everyone is different, so though I understand your concern, I will continue this until my situation changes. :) I'm no spring chicken, so when I find something that gives me results, it's all or nothing.

Like:)
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    funny-gifs-and-headdesk.gif
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    If women on this site want to eat 1200 calories and not lift weights, then great.. that is their prerogative and you should support that. Just because you think it's oh so wrong that a women doesn't have muscle and eats a little amount, does not mean that it's actually wrong.
    Just what we need, yet more sweeping generalisations.

This is just as bad as the OP!

I ate 1200 calories when losing.
    I lift weights.
    I gained muscle, which is damned hard on a calorie deficit.
  • coatek
    coatek Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Jees. 1200cals?? thats 3 cans of Stella. I think I'm on the wrong forum.

Keep it up guys, more exercise thats what I say.:happy:
  • coatek
    coatek Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Jees. 1200cals?? thats 3 cans of Stella. I think I'm on the wrong forum.

Keep it up guys, more exercise thats what I say.:happy:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

I lift weights.

Good for you.. Do you want a cookie?

My comment was not a sweeping generalization.. it was point that we should support everyones goals and not just what we think is correct... like you seem to be doing :)
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options

I lift weights.

Good for you.. Do you want a cookie?

My comment was not a sweeping generalization.. it was point that we should support everyones goals and not just what we think is correct... like you seem to be doing :)
    No thanks, cookies aren't one of the treats I enjoy.

I hear what you're saying about supporting everyone's individual goals and totally agree with that, but it looked as if you were implying that eating 1200 calories means you don't work out and don't have any muscle. Maybe you weren't saying that. :smile: