Bottom of Stomach Really fat, what exercises should I do?

Options
2»

Replies

• gorgeouss9
    Options
    I had a c-section too. At the time I was 342 lbs. I have been heavy since I was about 10. I have gotten down to just under 200 so far, and because I have taken it slow, the skin has adjusted a lot. I do a lot of cardio and keep myself and my skin hydrated and take a vitamin E supplement. The belly "flap" that I had is almost gone now and I still have a *little* dimply skin there, it is going away. It just takes time and determination!

Definately! My sis who had twins w/ a c-section has absolutely no belly fat. She just exercised rigorously for a few months and it's all gone!
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Had a baby around 2 years ago, I have lost 67lbs *gained a little back in the last couple months because stopped smoking.* I weighed 250 when I got pregnant so was already very obese, as my daughter grew in my belly she literally pushed all the fat to the bottom of my stomach. Now a lot of fat is at the bottom of my stomach and hangs there. It isn't just loose skin, it is fat. Wondering what kind of exercises I can do to prevent it from turning to loose skin that I can do nothing about except surgery. Already had a c-section and was the worst recovery ever! Don't want to have another surgery if I can help it. I'm hoping where I am young my skin can bounce back, but then I'm thinking Ive always been overweight so maybe my skin has been stretched for too long! Any advice? Success stories ?
    There is no such thing as spot reduction of a body part with exercise. Consistent calorie deficit along with a good exercise program is always the answer.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Wow-- sounds like this person above knows what they are talking about. And I've heard that same thing from many sources-- my tummy is my worst area, but I have consistently heard that calorie deficit and aerobic exercise will do it. No such thing as spot loss. Good luck!
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    I had a c-section too. At the time I was 342 lbs. I have been heavy since I was about 10. I have gotten down to just under 200 so far, and because I have taken it slow, the skin has adjusted a lot. I do a lot of cardio and keep myself and my skin hydrated and take a vitamin E supplement. The belly "flap" that I had is almost gone now and I still have a *little* dimply skin there, it is going away. It just takes time and determination!

Definately! My sis who had twins w/ a c-section has absolutely no belly fat. She just exercised rigorously for a few months and it's all gone!
  • gorgeouss9
    Options

• felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have read the first place you gain weight is the last place you will lose it. Mine is smaller than it was, but in no way is it where I would like it to be. I will just keep up with my exercise regimen and watch my portion sizes to hopefully get there. :flowerforyou:
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    This is going to be all about nutrition. Everyone has abs, they're just layered in fat. You can't target-burn body fat so you need to reduce your overall body fat percentage to get rid of that area. Ask anyone with a 6-pack what they're diet is like and they'll tell you a lot of water, and a lot of veggies.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I've found that I burned quite a bit of fat overall with cardio like Insanity, but recently, I've been losing inches and flab by incorporating weight training into my program.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    This is going to be all about nutrition. Everyone has abs, they're just layered in fat. You can't target-burn body fat so you need to reduce your overall body fat percentage to get rid of that area. Ask anyone with a 6-pack what they're diet is like and they'll tell you a lot of water, and a lot of veggies.
    Subjective. There are many who have six packs here that just eat a regular diet that includes carbs other than vegetables. You can attain them by just lowering your overall body fat with calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • paigebolling
    paigebolling Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Great advice! Sounds like my body will show me when I get there. I'm hoping with a slow regular weight loss that my skin will have time to tighten as I loose. By everyones posts some ppl tighten back up and others don't. Guess its just like where ppl gain weight, some in the legs, others in the butt and for ppl like me in the belly *which from what I've read is the most unhealthy place to gain weight*. I'll just continue to try and burn more cals than I eat, get a good amount of cardio and a couple days of strength training and hope for the best HAHA. I'll be sure to let everyone know if the flap fades :laugh: