Replies

• hahahollylol
    hahahollylol Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    yep, I'm in. :smile:
  • sdwillis35
    sdwillis35 Posts: 40
    Options
    I"m in also! I've done it once it absolutely killed my legs to the point the it hurt to walk for a couple days that I swapped it out for the "Burn fat Boost Metabolism" dvd, but I'll start back with the Shred on Monday. I'll give my measurements on Monday. Looking forward to it. Good Luck everyone!

195643.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Well I just got done day 3 of Level one and burned 194 calories. I really hate push ups! I am already finding it a little easier so everyday I look forward to be getting easier and easier!

Also did my Tae Bo Amped Core Cardio with the amplifier which is a 3lb weighted bar and burned another 242 calories in 30mins

Total calories burned was 436.

Have a great day everyone!
  • lgolden
    lgolden Posts: 164
    Options
    I just found the DVD at Costco for $8.49. I did it once and liked it but have trouble with motivation. I have to get up early and exercise before work and sometimes my morning cup of coffee and watching the news wins over exercising. I'm in for the challenge - maybe this will help me be accountable. And I like the Friday weigh in day! This is something I really need. Thanks so much!

Laurie
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    OOoooh, count me in... I bought the DVD last month and it's collecting dust. This will be good for me.
  • HannahRoo
    HannahRoo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I purchased the exercise mat, the weights and the video last week.

I need to get my butt out of bed in the morning and do it before work. :grumble:

Please help motivate me!
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    What types of weights do I have to buy?
  • Tayla08
    Tayla08 Posts: 94
    Options
    HI!!!! Count me in.... I've been doing it for the past 12 days.... I get up at 5am and do it before work, it does make you feel great for the day!!!

For handweights you just need something your comfortable with...I just use 3lb weights and will probably up them when I feel more comfortable....
  • maiasmommy
    maiasmommy Posts: 39
    Options
    I can't wait to begin this! I think I will start out with 2 lb weights and up them as I get comfortable.
  • lgolden
    lgolden Posts: 164
    Options
    I have a couple of questions. Are we doing it Monday thru Friday with Saturday and Sunday being rest days? Doing it this way will be a six week challenge. Or, are we doing the Shred for thirty days straight with no days off and completing the challenge in 30 actual days?
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    I personally think you should make the challenge what you want to. If you want to go for 30 straight days, go for 30 straight days. If you know your body is going to need a day or two of rest, then say you want to do 20 out of 30 days. I think we have to be realistic. I know I want to take my daughter out for a walk some days to get her out of the house and I know that on certain days, I will have to make the choice of 30 day shred or walking my daughter. Some days I'll be able to fit in both but considering I'm taking care of her by myself, that won't always be the case! I'm already weighing in on Fridays for one challenge and Wednesdays for the other. Whatever day is decided, I'm reporting my most recent weigh in. :happy: I caved and paid for the shipping from Wal Mart. Is it sad that I cannot stand the thought of dealing with the people at my Wal Mart? We ordered all of my daughter's nursery furniture through the site-to-store and I swore I'd never deal with them ever again! I just feel lazy paying for shipping on an exercise video! :laugh:
  • modelgirl
    modelgirl Posts: 32
    Options
    I am in.
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    I personally think you should make the challenge what you want to. If you want to go for 30 straight days, go for 30 straight days. If you know your body is going to need a day or two of rest, then say you want to do 20 out of 30 days. I think we have to be realistic. I know I want to take my daughter out for a walk some days to get her out of the house and I know that on certain days, I will have to make the choice of 30 day shred or walking my daughter. Some days I'll be able to fit in both but considering I'm taking care of her by myself, that won't always be the case! I'm already weighing in on Fridays for one challenge and Wednesdays for the other. Whatever day is decided, I'm reporting my most recent weigh in. :happy: I caved and paid for the shipping from Wal Mart. Is it sad that I cannot stand the thought of dealing with the people at my Wal Mart? We ordered all of my daughter's nursery furniture through the site-to-store and I swore I'd never deal with them ever again! I just feel lazy paying for shipping on an exercise video! :laugh:

Sorry, I guess I didn't explain that well. My intention is that everyone will stick with it through a month, doing however many days of workouts within that month that you wish to do. I can't do 30 day shred everyday right now, I am doing it every other day because I cna barely walk on my "off" days, lol.
  • aymie24
    Options
    Ok...Here is what I have for the challenge so far, if I missed your name, please let me know!

sweettart
    angel1face
    maiasmommy
    AngelaBeaulieu
    Ejohnston1621
    heather0mc
    jeterbeater
    mrsnewyork19
    demezat
    rachlong33
    JustAnotherGirl
    ngwife4life
    aquaale
    becbec71
    Redmom
    missmez
    allisonie
    momta2girls
    csnealey
    ccoker
    casi23
    peacefullone
    sdwillis35
    lgolden
    LostinCali
    hawilliams27
    Tayla08
    modelgirl

To recap:
    The challenge is 30 days long, starting on May 18.

The challenge DOES NOT require you to shred everyday. Each of us will be shredding at a our own pace.

Weight and measurement check in will be every Friday and a new thread to post in will be opened each week.

I will be opening a new thread for starting weight/measurements for everyone to check into by the 17th.

Thanks!
    Amy
  • Kim48330
    Kim48330 Posts: 1
    Options
    Count me in please! I'm new here but I have the DVD . I've done it a few times before & never made it past a few days. I would love to have other people to struggle along with me! LOL
  • rachlong33
    rachlong33 Posts: 13
    Options
    Ok I'm really sorry that this is probably a bad question but when you say a new thread to post our measurements does that mean that i have to find that new thread or will it be under MY TOPICS??? or under the one we are talking under right now??
    SORRY:tongue:
    201100.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • aymie24
    Options
    Ok I'm really sorry that this is probably a bad question but when you say a new thread to post our measurements does that mean that i have to find that new thread or will it be under MY TOPICS??? or under the one we are talking under right now??
    SORRY:tongue:

Look in Fitness and Exercise. The thread is 30 Day Shred Challenge Check in 5/15

Don't be sorry :flowerforyou:
  • aymie24
    Options
    Count me in please! I'm new here but I have the DVD . I've done it a few times before & never made it past a few days. I would love to have other people to struggle along with me! LOL

If you've made it for a few days in a row, you are doing better than I have so far, lol
  • rachlong33
    rachlong33 Posts: 13
    Options
    Ok thanks so much!!!:flowerforyou: I ordered the DVD yesterday and its already been shipped so hopefully I won't be to far behind.:bigsmile:
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    I just dusted my DVD off and did it... OMG I am soaked in sweat!! wow... this is going to be great for me, I'm excited!! Just wanted to post this before showering (and forgetting) hehe.

By the way... what measurements will we be tracking?? Weight & which inches? (bust, waist, hips, thighs??)