Good bye Ramen Noodles!

Options
everyone has told me they are bad and empty calories.....does anyone else eat Ramen?

Replies

• Will_Lift_4_Shoes
    Will_Lift_4_Shoes Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Ramen is horrible! Have you read the nutrition label on that? the sodium alone is enough to kill you. Also you have to double the numbers for some becuase they actually list it as two servings in a package but everyone just eats one package so that isn't realistic.
  • mflake
    mflake Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love ramen!! i was just eaitng it for lunch.. but yes it is horrible for you. I am kind of having a cheat week :( so i'm eating it but I need to give it up too.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    what are ramen noodles?
  • myskinnyyear
    myskinnyyear Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    BAD, BAD, BAD! All carbs, no nutrition
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    If you love Ramen and do not want to give it up try Dr McDougle's Ramen Big Cups. Loaded with nutrients, way lower sodium than traditional Ramen and pretty freaking delicious.

6921816.png
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Ramen is horrible! Have you read the nutrition label on that? the sodium alone is enough to kill you.
    I'm not dead.

It's just carbs and sodium, pretty much, so not going to do much for you nutritionally. I wouldn't make them a big part of my diet but if I wanted some on occasion, I would have them. (Granted, I can't remember the last time I wanted them, but to each her own...)

Also, if you like the noodles themselves, you can skip the flavor packet and make your own toppings for them... much better in my opinon!
  • smittenmikish
    Options
    Girl... I LOVE Ramen Noodles. They are my one "trigger" food.

I hear ya!

Horrible as they are... they taste delish!:tongue:
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Ya funny how all the nay sayers hating on Ramen but if and when they goto jail they cant get enough of them and they seem to always appreciate them so much more! LOOOL. This is just from what I was told but ya until that day ever comes I dont eat them. :p
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You will pry my ramen noodles from my sodium-inflated cold dead hands. Cooked with an egg & some bok choy, then a spash of mirin & some sriatcha, om nom nom.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    BAD, BAD, BAD! All carbs, no nutrition
    YES! Because carbs will kill you! :noway:

It's like anything else. Does it fit into your calorie and macro goals?

Skipping the flavor packet will help with the sodium. Plenty of options out there for spicing them up otherwise. Lots of cool recipes out there for crunchy oriental salads that use them too. Be creative! :drinker:
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    You will pry my ramen noodles from my sodium-inflated cold dead hands. Cooked with an egg & some bok choy, then a spash of mirin & some sriatcha, om nom nom.
    :love:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    more for me!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    They're deep fried before they're dried. Haven't eaten any since I found that out. Deep-fried, salty noodle water. no thanks.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Yummm.... Ramen... Just drink the water to make up for the sodium.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    The only reason I don't eat Ramen is because of my intolerance. I love and miss my Ramen.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    The only reason I don't eat Ramen is because of my intolerance.
    Intolerant? Are you an anti-Ramenite?
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    mmmm yum!
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    more for me!

And me. I love how people say "no nutrition". Why do they call carbohydrates, fat, and protein macro-nutrients? Carbohydrates and fat are by definition nutrients. That's the stuff Ramen is made of. I need that stuff. Ramen helps me get it. Nary a week goes by without my Top Ramen.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Ramen! Especially late at night. If I can't sleep I really want it. I have not had it since I started and the two huge boxes of them are staring at me all day......... also I use the noodles for stir fry sometimes. I toss the packet when I do that.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I ate some today :drinker: