Good bye Ramen Noodles!

Options

Replies

• Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    everyone has told me they are bad and empty calories.....does anyone else eat Ramen?
    Filled with salt and just crap food - no value at all.

I'll make this easy.
    If man makes it, don't eat it.
    Go with lean meats, fresh veggies and fruits, nuts and whole grains and low fat dairy.

And then allow yourself a treat from time to time from the bad food list, but just know what it is and what you're doing.

Since I'm a *****, I have to point out that man makes pasta, cheerios, wine, special K bars...

But grats on being able to stick to that kind of diet, lol.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    They will not kill ya. Personally I can only use half a seasoning packet or I will feel like vomiting soon after eating. I think it is the sodium.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried these, but I heard about them on MFP... sounds good to me (maybe too good?)

http://miraclenoodle.com/default.aspx
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I ate Ramen when I was in college a lot... and I was skinny then :laugh:
  • jeanie_ca
    jeanie_ca Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...spicy Korean style ramen cooked with an egg. Nutritionally bankrupt, but so delicious. 600ish cals a pop so it's an once in a while treat only.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    can someone please answer my question of " what are ramen noodles"? i have never heard of them before.... what do you put in with them, how do you cook them, etc..
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love Ramen thought admittedly, I don't indulge very often. But when I do, I only use half of the seasoning packet and I add egg and frozen asian style veggies. Yum!
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I remember when Ramen were 10 cents a package. Aaah, the good old days of eating all week on a dollar's worth of Ramen.

I've been steering away from all soup. Just can't eat low sodium soup, it just doesn't taste good to me. Doesn't taste like soup.

It's sad. I miss Ramen. And I miss soup, all warm and soupy soup. Campbell's chicken noodle with some Bisquick dumplings. Happy Fun Salty Times. Bye bye soup, here's some salty tears for you ---- :sad:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Mmmm...spicy Korean style ramen cooked with an egg. Nutritionally bankrupt, but so delicious. 600ish cals a pop so it's an once in a while treat only.
    Were you using those special nutritionless eggs?
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    I ate Ramen when I was in college a lot... and I was skinny then :laugh:

I ate them in college and I wasn't skinny but that was the pizza and beer ("hello, Dominos?")! Now I eat them when I'm sick, they're great cold food.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    can someone please answer my question of " what are ramen noodles"? i have never heard of them before.... what do you put in with them, how do you cook them, etc..

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Ramen+Noodles
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    My buddy showed me this new website called google.com. You can type in a word or phrase, and it will provide a wealth of info about said word or phrase.
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    My buddy showed me this new website called google.com. You can type in a word or phrase, and it will provide a wealth of info about said word or phrase.

DO YOU READ MINDS!? THANK YOU!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    If there are two servings and people on diets are only allowed to eat one serving of a food at a time... I guess I need to find a ramen eating buddy?
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    people on diets are only allowed to eat one serving of a food at a time
    :huh:
    Who invented this rule? You know a "serving" of lettuce is like 1 cup, right? That's an awfully small salad.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    What exactly does this mean? Olive oil is arguably one of the healthiest fats in the world (monounsaturated fats = great for your heart, your cholesterol, and tasty to boot), but it's still "processed" - you can't go out and tap an olive tree for oil like maple syrup. (Which, now that I think about it, is also processed because nobody would want that stuff out of the tree).

Man also makes low fat dairy - it don't come that way from skinny cows.

Skinny Cow bars come from skinny cows though... the package says so.

:wink:
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I love ramen.

Good, legit ramen from a Japanese restaurant, that is...not that 25 cent, sodium infused excuse for ramen that passes in most households across America.

The good stuff has noodles, plus incredibly tender pork, seaweed, and vegetables in a fish broth (though there are many variations). Everyone should try it.

This, with out the pork and fish broth:) Love seaweed!
  • Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I loove cup noodles! Ive been trying to resist them since I started on mfp. lol I never drink the juice tho, I always dump it out and just eat the noodles. Theres sooo much sodium in them tho!!
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    Options

You can get them fresh but mostly they come dried w a very high in sodium seasoning packet. I'm sure that you've seen cup o noodles? They're the same thing except they come in a block instead of a convenient cup.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    What exactly does this mean? Olive oil is arguably one of the healthiest fats in the world (monounsaturated fats = great for your heart, your cholesterol, and tasty to boot), but it's still "processed" - you can't go out and tap an olive tree for oil like maple syrup. (Which, now that I think about it, is also processed because nobody would want that stuff out of the tree).

Man also makes low fat dairy - it don't come that way from skinny cows.

Skinny Cow bars come from skinny cows though... the package says so.

:wink:
    Touche, salesman.