Coffee help!

Options
13»

Replies

• I only put a pinch of sugar in my coffee and use a small amount of Silk creamer. I just plan for it I guess when it comes to how many calories I'm consuming each day.
  • Tvstarbabe
    Options
    I buy Starbucks Caramel Syrup!!! You can get the sugar free kind too! Yum yum yum. Also coffemate fat free creamer.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Then again, I'm such a coffee geek that I roast my own beans.

Roast your own beans? That sounds interesting...

It's dead simple. All you need is a hot air popcorn popper (my last one was $3.50 at the Goodwill), and some green beans, which you can buy at a good coffee shop or online. Ten minutes makes enough coffee for me for a week or so, and it's a world better than anything you'll get from Char -- er... Starbucks. Green coffee costs about half of what good coffee costs, and keeps pretty much forever until you roast it.

Check it out: http://www.sweetmarias.com/airpop/airpopmethod.php

Don't do it indoors. Roasting makes a lot of smoke, and it's not particularly fragrant.
  • Bells5001
    Bells5001 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    A nutritionist suggested using Coconut milk to make your coffee sweet naturally...it's pretty good. You can find it by the regular milk. :-)
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I suggest vanilla almond milk. You get your creamy and sweet flavor all in one shot for a lot less calories.
  • SuperKatie
    SuperKatie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I recommend buying liquid stevia. They have a bunch of different flavors, but chocolate raspberry is a great option.