What's the worst xmas present you got this year

Options
PaulaDDN
PaulaDDN Posts: 162 Member
Mine was a bag of vanilla pan cake mix, a little one, like to make 5 pancakes and when that person gave it to me, he told me: "Now you know what we like for breakfast" ... im sure he tought it was ok to give me that or that it was nice, he is the sweetest guy so im not offended but that gift sucks!

Replies

• Ireshgurl
    Options
    a thing of potpourri..... that smelled like an old lady's house. who the hell still makes potpourri? it's all about the scentsy!!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    a remote control that works all the other remote controls from my husband. wtf? wheres the little blue bag? lol
  • may2490
    may2490 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I got told that I looked pregnant by my mother--- after everyone else stated how thin I looked. Such Hatred for losing weight. She then flatly said Merry christmas. Later, she revealed she was mad that I had lost weight because she hadn't been able to lose weight and that I was supposed to be big after having children... LAME
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    pancake mix. wow. thats a weird gift. i was lucky. i got gift cards so i can get what i want. the funniest though, was my brother couldnt figure out what to buy hubby and i, he spent so much on my 3 year old, his only nephew and will be his only newphew haha, that he ended up writing us a personal check. i just laughed.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I got told that I looked pregnant by my mother--- after everyone else stated how thin I looked. Such Hatred for losing weight. She then flatly said Merry christmas. Later, she revealed she was mad that I had lost weight because she hadn't been able to lose weight and that I was supposed to be big after having children... LAME

wow. this was your own mother. not that it is better, but at least if a mother in law said it she has no real connection to you. thats just cruel, no matter what her reason was. so sorry.:flowerforyou:
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    A Cold!

Either that or a ton of candy that my in laws gave me in my stocking. They know I'm trying to get healthier and yet they give me a stocking full of 5000+ calories of candy.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    my team exchanges gifts from secret santas, and i got one packet of hot chocolate mix and fruit snacks taped to a card that said "happy holidays" in black sharpie.

I understand we are in college, but come on, really?

I also recieved a bottle of hand soap.

I would rather people not get me something if it's going to be something they picked up from their own house. It's embaressing for both of us, but the sad thing is, they weren't really ashamed of it... lol
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Honestly, there wasn't anything that I didn't like. Even if there was something that I wouldn't use, I am still thankful for everything and can't really think of anything that I would call the "worst" or even bad. ^-^
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Pancake mix? LOL

I truly loved all of my presents this year!
  • jaynewould
    Options
    My boyfriend emailed his parents a month before Christmas and specifically asked that they not give us candy, since we're both losing weight at the moment. We unwrapped a jar of chocolate coated coffee beans, a box of hot chocolate, the largest Toblerone I've ever seen and a giant box of turkish delight, along with two pedometers and a self-help book. What the hell I don't even.

Incidentally, both my in-laws are significantly more overweight than me or my boyfriend.

Oh, they also gave me a commemorative dishtowel from my boyfriend's high school. Yep.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

I had a wonderful holiday with my family, and the gifts were modest but good. Can't complain.

I did, however, get "the talk" about my weight last year and the year before. My mother-in-law actually complemented me this year and said that I look thinner and happier than before, so that's good :)
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Mine was a bag of vanilla pan cake mix, a little one, like to make 5 pancakes and when that person gave it to me, he told me: "Now you know what we like for breakfast" ... im sure he tought it was ok to give me that or that it was nice, he is the sweetest guy so im not offended but that gift sucks!
    I tell people not to get me anything, because I never like any presents anyway. Just send a card - that I like!
    Everything I want I already have, and gifts are never anything I'd get for myself like some horrid shirt or wrinkle free chinos [tacky].

But somebody always tries anyway.
    This years goose egg turned out to be a pair of very expensive, hand made shoes direct from Milan.
    I hated them - wrong color.....too flat.....wore funny....
    I re-gifted to a worker about that size.

And then I am flooded with gift cards to chain restaurants I'd never go to like Red Lobster or Olive Garden....
    Those I re-gift to the mail lady, cleaning lady and various other people I run across.
    I do not like gifts.
    I thought the one exception was a 1 hour massage, but I was humiliated with a spontanious errection at the hands of a 63 year old licensed therapist. "OK, turn over"....:noway:

Anyway, just send me a card, and I'm good. No more gifts - PLEASE!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    At a work gift exchange, I got a bird night light from Cracker Barrel. I couldn't even think of someone to whom I could regift it.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    My mother gave me 7 rolls of toilet paper as a joke.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Nothing! I loved everything i got! I'm always thankful for gifts, even if they're weird or bizarre or something i'd never like or use!

The only time i couldn't be thankful for a gift if it was hurtful..but i've never had that happen so i'm good!
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Somebody gave one of my sons a slingshot AND three (three!) bags of marbles. Who the heck would think that's a smart gift for a 7yo boy??? I can't believe we haven't had any broken glass and/or injuries yet! :laugh:
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Nothing, because that is what I received: nothing.
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Some chocolate covered nuts from a family member that shall remain nameless. Im severely allergic to nuts and have been my whole life. Not only does this person want to keep me fat they also apparently want to kill me.
  • awdhemi
    awdhemi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Nothing, because that is what I received: nothing.

Same here! I got nothing. Although, my 7 year old tried to give me his nerf gun because he was sad that mommy was the only one without a present to open.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Worst present? A possible stress fracture in my ankle. :sad: