Laughing cow cheese wedges

Options

Replies

• kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I have melted them and used them to dip fresh veggies, mainly carrots, in. They're also good in wraps. A wrap, some turkey, a laughing cow wedge, and some light dressing makes a pretty good little wrap.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I like it on a sandwich, as a spread instead of mayo. Toasted wheat bread, turkey, laughing cow wedge, and cucumbers....yummy sandwich!!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    I even melt them in soups and chili! I also eat a LOT of Mexican food and I put them in burritos and fajitas. YUMMMM!!!!!
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I spread them on celery!!!! =)
  • queenfresh
    queenfresh Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I use them on crackers or in the hungry girl egg mug recipes!

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1256
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I have used it in rice dishes, and also in lasagna.
  • flicka82
    flicka82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I use the garlic and herb cheese wedge for mashed cauliflower. Tastes almost like mashed potatoes to me. Yum!
  • Mom2Asa
    Mom2Asa Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have wanted to try it but I can not find it anywhere!! Where do you guys find it?
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    I also just discovered the Laughing Cow cheese wedges and love, love, love them. I'm going to have to try some of these ideas, especially using them as a spread instead of mayo and on omelettes. Thanks.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I have wanted to try it but I can not find it anywhere!! Where do you guys find it?

I get it from Costco in the cheese/fridge section but many grocery stores have it in their deli - it's sometimes with the "fancy" cheese, not the regular dairy.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I add a Garlic & Herb one, along with some cottage cheese and American Cheese to my Mac and Cheese.
  • mill1295
    mill1295 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It might seem weird but it's good on a banana. I also make a cream pasta sauce with it (1 wedge with 2 T light sour cream and 2t parmigiana cheese is for 1 serving pasta).
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I mix the Fresco Queso Chipotle flavor with shredded chicken, black beans, whole kernal corn, and sauteed onions and peppers, and then use the mixture to make quesadillas. Yummy!

Here is the recipe I sent out in a recipe exchange email recently, but the quantities and ingredients are easily adjustable to your tastes:

Chicken Quesadillas

2/3 cup cooked, shredded chicken
    1/2 cup whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
    1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
    1/4 cup chopped green and red bell peppers
    1/8 cup diced onions
    3 wedges Laughing Cow light cheese (both Queso Fresco & Chipotle and Sun Dried Tomato Basil are good)
    1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
    2 La Tortilla Factory 100-calorie tortillas
    8 Tbsp salsa (for dipping)

- Sauté onions and bell peppers in a small pan coated with cooking spray 3 minutes or until desired doneness.
    - Add corn and black beans, mix.
    - Add Laughing Cow cheese wedges, mix until melted.
    - Add chicken and cook until heated through.
    - Place tortilla in large skillet, top with chicken mixture, Mozzarella cheese, and second tortilla.
    - Cook on alternating sides until tortilla is as crispy as desired.
    - Cut into 8 wedges, serve, and enjoy!

Servings: 4
    Serving size: 2 wedges w/ 2 Tbsp salsa
    Calories per serving: 223
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Stir fry some shredded cabbage just until slightly soft, add canned tuna or chicken and 1-2 wedges of LC cheese for a yummy, super low cal lunch!

Love the laughing cow!
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    It might seem weird but it's good on a banana. I also make a cream pasta sauce with it (1 wedge with 2 T light sour cream and 2t parmigiana cheese is for 1 serving pasta).

Mmmm! This sounds good!
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I make stuffed chicken breasts with the garlic one. I also use it to give a creamy texture to pasta (cook the pasta in chicken broth, keep some of the broth and mix in a laughing cow and some veggies and whatever other seasonings and let it mix/boil down to the right texture. Yum!)
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    I love the Garlic and herb cheese on Rosemary Olive Oil Tricuits- yum

I find mine at Walmart, where the specialty cheeses are (in a separate case by the Deli)

Aloutte Light cheese is another good, and similar product. The Herb and Garlic lite one is the same or a bit lower in Cal then the Laughing cow, and very yummy also. Comes in a small tub.

All good on tortillas, wrapped around some turkey or chicken breast. or lunch meat.
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    bump for recipes!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmmm Im going to have to buy some this weekend!
  • scarlettd12
    scarlettd12 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Love love LOVE laughing cow cheeses. I don't know what I would do without them. A lot of people have mentioned these, but here is how I've used mine...

*Spread on celery
    *In my egg scrambles
    *on my bagel thins
    *In my tuna fish (instead of mayo)
    *In pasta. Like someone mentioned, Hungry Girl uses these in a lot of recipes. I made one of their recipes for a cheesy cauliflower bake and it used these. DELICIOUS!

Really, this cheese works for anything! I can't believe it tastes so good and is so low in calories. I mostly stick to garlic and herb if I am mixing it with anything (eggs, sandwiches, etc) and I use the bleu cheese when I am putting it on my celery and on bagels. They also have little bite sized "cubes" in the swiss flavor and those are pretty tasty for just a snack! Yum!

I can't wait to check out the website. Thanks for sharing!