Question: Over 300 lbs and loss with no surgery???

Options
Is this possible?
I was wondering if anyone had any success stories using MFP that loss without surgery or diet pills that you wouldn't mind sharing?

Believe me I'm not knocking anyones success no matter how you did it, you did it. I'm just too scared to do any of those things and am finding it real hard to do this on my own so I'm merely looking for inspiration.

BTW I was 303lbs when I started Nov.1, 2011 and my weight this morning Dec.30,2011 was 288 lbs

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If you enter your question in search you may get the answers you are looking for.
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    well done on your loss so far thats awsome. I went from 184lbs to 154lbs (my curreent weight) in about 5 months. It was done with diet and excercise. Maily working hard in the gym, and counting the calories by using MFP. And the support from my friends on here has been pivotal in keeping me focused. I feel I am about the right weight now but need to tone up to get rid of the tummy fat, the hardest to do and last bit to go. You will get loads of support and ideas from MFP members, just keep coming back to read them.

Well done again on your success so far.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/eddavenport
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/jhardenbergh

check out these guys...they are amazing.....good luck with your journey...denise
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I started at almost 350, and am now around 225-ish (waiting to weigh in until Sunday). No pills, no surgery, no supplements except for a multi vitamin when I remember, no "diet" food for the most part.

Eat less, move more.
  • riddellr
    Options
    It looks like you are doing pretty well already. Keep doing what you are doing and keep up the good work. Any progress is good progress, and you are showing "good" progress.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of us out there. I did/am doing it. You are doing it. It takes some time, but it's definitely achievable. Good luck!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of us out there. I did/am doing it. You are doing it. It takes some time, but it's definitely achievable. Good luck!
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/500lbs2marathon

Check out this guy! He's awesome!

It's possible, it just takes a lot of hard work.
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I started out about 308-306 and got down to 245. I backslid and gained weight back. I got up to about 293. My doctor referred me to this site and I can proudly say wtih the help of this site I am now down to 225.5. I still have weight to lose but I did this all in 2011. I am hoping I can get down to my ideal weight in 2012. Good luck to you. It can be done the old fashioned way with patience and drive.
  • chefkev
    chefkev Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I went to the Dr after losing some weight. I was 363 at the time. I am now 311. I am doing it with diet and phentermine. I go to the Dr every month for tests and to make sure all is well. I have come off all my meds (BP, diabetes) and I no longer snore.

It is possible to do. I am getting a little help, but I have a fear of surgery. Might work for others just fine, just not for me. Just like phentermine isn't for everyone, but works great for me. You just need to find a path and then stay on it! You can do it!
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My son did not use MFP but he was 275 and lost about 80 pounds without any surgery. He walked and ate right. He was young (17) so his dad and I controlled what he ate. He has kept it off for almost 3 years. He is addicted to eating and could not stop on his own. He would sneak food and eat it real fast so no one could see. He was like any type of addict. His doctor told him about heart disease and diabetes over and over but it did not help, so we took control of it.
    He did have sagging skin but over a period of time, it did tighten.
    Good luck. You can do it.
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm there and trying to do this without surgery, and there are a number of threads with before and after photos in the Success Stories forum -- some of which are from people who lost a significant amount of weight. It's truly inspiring! (And congrats on your weight loss! I can't wait to be under 300. :smile:)
  • melmccabe
    melmccabe Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started on June 8, 2011 at 371 lbs. My weight today December 30, 2011 is 279 lbs. I believe it is possible to do this without diet pills or surgery. I stick to a mainly whole foods/non-processed foods diet, strength train 3 times a week and do at least an hour of cardio exercise 6 days a week. So far it is working well for me. Good luck! You've got a great start.
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    This is the place to start... one step at a time, one day at a time. In 2001 , I lost over 100 lbs using weight watchers. I weighed in at over 260lbs. I counted points and exercised. They didn't have a wonderful place like MFP... This is an amazing place for support and there are numerous people on this site that have lost way over 100lbs... Keep up the amazing work and don't get discouraged. Weighing in over 300 lbs didn't happen overnight.... you will not lose it overnight.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Don't the stats say you have a less than 5% chance of keeping it off? But, yes, it is possible. It's a personal choice. I chose to have weight loss surgery. I was 340 at my highest weight and now weigh 140. I have maintained my loss for over 2 years. My life is 100% better now. It was the right choice for me.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    500lbs2marathon - look him up. He is AMAZING!

ETA - I was just under 300 pounds at my heaviest (294) but, as you can see, I did it. No surgery, no special diets. Just ate nutritious, well-balanced meals in sensible portions, drank plenty of water, and got my body moving.
  • KCharron20
    Options
    Your doing great! Keep it up! I started at 333 on 12/06/10 and am now down to 243. I am not taking any diet pills, just doing it with exercise and calorie counting! You can do it too!
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    You're on the right track already! Well done for the loss. just eating healthily, this site really helps watch what you're putting in your body!
  • atucker_mom
    atucker_mom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It can be done. It is a long, slow, hard process... but it can be done! I started out at 336 and was down to 266 before Christmas. I have gained some back this week, but I WILL get back on track next week. Don't get discouraged, just eat less and move more! It really does work. When the scale gets stuck, just keep keeping on. It will eventually move again! Feel free to add me as a friend, support and encouagement is vital!
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    That is how I plan on doing it! No surgery!! We can do this thing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!