Runners' Team Challenge * X Miles in December *

Options

Replies

• manda127
    manda127 Posts: 145
    Options
    2 and a half miles today

2 days to get the rest of my miles in for the month......

exercise.png
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    4 miles for me today! Felt great and my achilles is much much better YAY. Tomorrow I am going for shorter and trying my new compression leg sleeves - hope they will protect my legs.:glasses:
  • Cooriander
    Options
    On another topic - today is our 19 year wedding anniversary!!! we will be celebrating that tomorrow - with a run :bigsmile: and a healthy dinner :happy:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    On another topic - today is our 19 year wedding anniversary!!! we will be celebrating that tomorrow - with a run :bigsmile: and a healthy dinner :happy:

Congrats, on the anniversary and feeling better.

11/12/28 - 1 mile total (HIIT)
    11/12/29 - 4 miles. It was supposed to be 5, but I was short on time and it was on the treadmill. 4 miles on the dreadmill is quite an accomplishment for me but it was that or brave the windy, cold track. Cold I can handle, but high winds + cold, nope.

I have a 6 miler scheduled for Saturday, which would put me over my goal.

exercise.png
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options

I did 8.3 miles today , I can't update my ticker; I have it set up on my work comp and am off today.
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Here is the 'almost' final spreadsheet for December! Two more
    days: today and tomorrow!

[I will post a modified repeat of this note with updates on January 1 or January 2 to give time for the late reporters for the month!

======

For now:

Foremost Congrats everyone for sticking with it for this cooooooooold month!

Congrats to ALL and the folks who already made their goal!!!! [white background red negative percentage number]

Shout out to: :flowerforyou: :happy:

Carlton_Banks,
    CaptainCranky,
    lucyg1,
    momof3and3,
    mrpurdy,
    tummz02, and
    what923!!!

Also to the folks who made it to 100+ miles!!!! great inspiration for next month (January),

Shout out to: :flowerforyou: :happy: :bigsmile:

pdchemist - 127 miles so far
    tummz02 - 112 miles so far
    and
    kath711 - (96 so far, but I am sure she will make it!!)

Whohooooooo!

As a team we ran 801 miles!!!! and we were WARM (orange) - we are so far 73% towards our team's goal! which is fantastic considering our poor feet/legs/backs and heels (: that now are on the road of recovery!!! Healing vibes to the folks who are still healing.

2011-Dec-Check.PNG
    2011-Dec-Legend.PNG[/url]

PS. I will be starting a new thread of January, here in the Fitness forum [stay tuned] hope everyone is interested to join us again, I am also creating threads in our group for easy check-ins and accessible spread sheet.

Post frequently to inspire everyone else !

thank you ALL this group is a huge source of inspiration for me :flowerforyou:
  • Cooriander
    Options
    I started a thread for January!!! Can't believe it is January so soon!!!! Time went so quickly!!

Hope everyone will join :heart: from this group!!! :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/430726--runners-team-50-and-100-miles-in-january
  • manda127
    Options
    A little closer again. Tried to go on the treadmill tonight but the legs were having none of it so went on the cross-trainer instead

exercise.png
  • cheri23
    cheri23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options

exercise.png

i did it! I'm so excited for next month. More time on my hands=higher goal.
  • linnea213
    linnea213 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    add 3.5 miles :0)

exercise.png
  • pdchemist15
    pdchemist15 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    update ticker for todays run 5.26 miles...13 more to go...hopefully will get that tomorrow morning..a good way to finish out 2011 !!!!

exercise.png
  • manda127
    Options
    Made it! Final run of the year was a 5 and a 1/4 mile one, legs were heavy but looking forward to doing the January challenge!

Thank you so much for this :flowerforyou:

exercise.png
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I started a thread for January!!! Can't believe it is January so soon!!!! Time went so quickly!!

Hope everyone will join :heart: from this group!!! :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/430726--runners-team-50-and-100-miles-in-january

I am in again! Thank you for organizing this, it really helps me stay motivated....
    Happy anniversary!!!!
  • CaptainCranky
    CaptainCranky Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Only did one more run this week for a total of 65.0 for the month. Next month I want to do 75 hopefully keep a routine all month and have a half marathon on the 22nd

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wanx8TA/]
    exercise.png
    [/url]
  • pdchemist15
    pdchemist15 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Update Ticker for Saturdays run...........16.56 mile Goal met yay!!!

exercise.png
  • Cooriander
    Options
    Final day!!! Great job everyone! especially to sticking with it body and soul :smile: :flowerforyou:

Congrats Linnea Manda, Cheri, PdChemist Momof3and3 and CaptainCranky!!! Whohoooo! Great month!

Here is an updated spreadsheet, still waiting for an update from a few!!!!

2011-Dec-Check.PNG
    2011-Dec-Legend.PNG
  • Cooriander
    Options

Congrats, on the anniversary and feeling better.

11/12/28 - 1 mile total (HIIT)
    11/12/29 - 4 miles. It was supposed to be 5, but I was short on time and it was on the treadmill. 4 miles on the dreadmill is quite an accomplishment for me but it was that or brave the windy, cold track. Cold I can handle, but high winds + cold, nope.

I have a 6 miler scheduled for Saturday, which would put me over my goal.

exercise.png

4 is pretty much my max on the elliptical or treadmill as well, unless I watch something extra exciting on the TV - like a scary movie. I managed 5 when I watched Julia's Eyes earlier this week - a super scary Spanish movie with lots of running & chasing :laugh:
  • Cooriander
    Options

exercise.png

i did it! I'm so excited for next month. More time on my hands=higher goal.

Congrats! I am excited for Jan as well!!!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    add 3.5 miles :0)

exercise.png

Excellent finish! I am hoping for a few miles later on today!!!
  • Cooriander
    Options
    update ticker for todays run 5.26 miles...13 more to go...hopefully will get that tomorrow morning..a good way to finish out 2011 !!!!

exercise.png

WOW! YES great finish!!! no FABULOUS finish!