5'6 females

Options
Hi ladies,

I am looking for ideas as to what real women actually weigh. Throughout my life I have had random numbers in my head as to what I "should" weigh, but I was wondering what real women who are 5'6 weigh, or are hoping to weigh (pictures would be great if you have them!).

e.g. When I was 18 I weighed about 120, at 22 I was 135, and at 30 I am 150 (which feels way too high, since my brain tells me that I should be at 135 still, but the weight just won't come off) (and no, I don't have any children to blame) :tongue:

Thank you!

Replies

• LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Not that you don't know this since we're friends :-)

At 18 I was 103 (disgustingly skinny)
    At 22 I was 130-something
    At 24 I was 110 (too skinny)
    At 29 I was 130 (with a muffin top)
    At 30....well, I'll be 30 on Wednesday, but my goal weight is 120. For me, that's what works, but I think 130 looks pretty good too!
  • staceybr01
    Options
    Thank You! Anymore 5'6 ladies out there?
  • harley_rose
    Options
    I am 5'6" 43 yrs old, I am very comfortable at 130, my doctor told me a healthy weight is 140 so I figured 135. Actually I was 130 for all of most of my 30's and I look at those pictures, that is where I want to be back too. The picture on my ticker is me at 140 riding I had a slight muffin top
  • staceybr01
    Options
    What is your secret! Your profile says that you lost 20 pounds in three months, is that right?! Please share! and Congrats!
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    100 lbs for the first five feet and then 5 lbs for every inch above 5 feet. Therefore, 130 lb.
  • harley_rose
    Options
    What is your secret! Your profile says that you lost 20 pounds in three months, is that right?! Please share! and Congrats!

I started with the 1200 calories diet for the first month, then I started walking 30 minutes every lunch hour, also started doing HIIT (high intense interval training) 3 days a week with strength training on off days. This past two weeks I have been a little lazy with the holidays but going back to it... I am now zig-zagging my calories between 1200-1400 (Net) over the course of the week..
    Yet eveyone is different but it helped me...

Good luck on your weight loss, alot of great people on here that supported me as well... :drinker:
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I am looking for ideas as to what real women actually weigh. Throughout my life I have had random numbers in my head as to what I "should" weigh, but I was wondering what real women who are 5'6 weigh, or are hoping to weigh (pictures would be great if you have them!).

e.g. When I was 18 I weighed about 120, at 22 I was 135, and at 30 I am 150 (which feels way too high, since my brain tells me that I should be at 135 still, but the weight just won't come off) (and no, I don't have any children to blame) :tongue:

Thank you!

I am also 5'6" and my weight is exactly how you describe through my life. I did have kids, 2 of them. I don't blame them at all, I blame myself. I am now 37 at 185lbs. I always thought I was big even at 120. I would love to be 150 now, like my Dr. says as we get older our body changes. 120 now would look completely different than it did at 18, he thinks my ideal weight would be 145 to 150.
  • I'm 141 right now. I'm not sure what my highest was... Probably close to 150. I want to get down to 120 then tone up like crazy. :P
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 too. I'm 28 and I've had 2 kids.
    Age 20 I was 127lbs size 6
    1st baby 190 (!!!!!)
    Age 24 123lbs size 6
    2nd baby 180's (!!!!)
    Now I'm 122/123 and a size 4
  • Pkconarroe
    Options
    I'm 49 and at an all time high of 170. I was always naturally thin (too thin actually weighing between 100 - 110 lbs). When I was in my 20's I was more in the 120 range and felt good. Even after I had both my kids I quickly lost the weight without even trying --- was back in my size 2 suits within weeks. When I hit 35 everything changed. I gradually started adding pounds (one nice benefit was that I was no longer flat chested!) and I have just continued to gain. I weigh 30 pounds more than I did at nine months pregnant. To be fair though, I haven't made any effort to do anything about it until now. My goal is 130 - 140 range. I've started Zumba classes three times a week (loads of fun!) and am following (trying to anyway) a 1200 calorie diet.
  • nomena
    nomena Posts: 165
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and weigh 123 pounds. I have a very light frame and would like to get to be around 115 pounds. My profile picture shows me at around 125 pounds (though I only gain weight in the stomach area, so it's hard to see what I want to lose).
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" too! Right now I weigh 144lbs, and my goal is 130. My all time highest weight was 160, about 3 years ago.

I *was* at 139 as of about 2 months ago, but I've been fighting mono and the flu since and had to cut my activity down to virtually nothing. Luckily, it's gone and over, and I'm ready to lose the last 15.

:)
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 & I am currently around 111ish & too skinny. I am trying to get to 120lbs because that is where I am most comfortable.
    Here are some pics to give you an idea of what 120 looks like on me:
    rae-1.jpg
    rae2-1.jpg

This is a slim 120lbs (not muscular). A few guy friends said they preferred me at 127lbs. I didn't mean to lose the 7lbs it was due to stress, they said they liked a bit more badonkadonk lol. However I prefer my body at 120 because I don't carry my weight evenly it goes to my butt & thighs. If I could gain more evenly I would gain a bit more but since I have smaller boobs (B's) & small arms I think I start looking unproportional. At 120 I feel good, i'm slim (which is how i want to be), I still have curves, and I look proportional. (If you want a bikini pic I can send you one, I just don't post them on the internet except FB where I know all my friends)

My best friend use to be underweight due to IBS (109) and now she is at 125lb and she looks great.

You have a find a place where you are comfortable and healthy.
  • amytuni
    Options
    I was 5'6" till my physical last year when the doc told me I was 5"5". I told her thanks for throwing my BMI off. :wink:
    Everyone is different. I have a large bone structure and would look like walking death at 120. I'm hoping to get to 145.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I was 5'6" till my physical last year when the doc told me I was 5"5". I told her thanks for throwing my BMI off. :wink:
    Everyone is different. I have a large bone structure and would look like walking death at 120. I'm hoping to get to 145.

THANK YOU! that is a good point
    I should say I have a TINY frame! One of my friends is the same height & she has a bigger bone structure (wider hips & rip cage) and when she weighed 120 she looked way too small.
    thanks for bringing that up.
  • Jennifer0878
    Jennifer0878 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 33 years old, have three children (4, 2, and 5 months) and weigh 117 lbs. At this point, I'm happy with my my weight, but not happy with my body fat percentage. I'm trying to gain muscle and lose body fat. It's going to be hard, but I'm going to step away from the scale and let my body measurements be my guide for 2012. :)
  • zanmarie
    zanmarie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 39. Since graduating from high school (at which time I was 155 pounds), the lowest I've been was 135. It was short-lived. Even though I was lifting weights heavily at the time, I think I was still a bit flabby (i.e. not a low body fat percent). I can't imagine being lean and weighing any less than that.

When I took up running (1999-2000), I got down to about 160-165 and wore a size 12. I'd be happy now with 140-150. I don't think I could ever wear smaller than a size 8 or so, just because of how I'm built.
  • flvsusandy
    flvsusandy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 5'6 and currently weigh 148 with my high weight being 250!!

I have been over 200 all of my adult life and it wasn't until recently that I broke the trend. I am extremely active (workout 6 days a week including running, strength, and cross training) and am currently training for my first full marathon......so I need to eat!!

I wear a size 8 and can squeeze into some size 6's if I'm not bloated that day!

I have met my goal of 150 (which I never thought I'd see being over 200 ever since HS) and am happy where I'm at. I wouldn't mind losing a few vanity pounds but I'm not going to stress about it. My husband likes my curves! :)
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    im 5'6 and weigh roughly 112 now and im 27. I have never been above 135 - at 135 i hated it, i had a proper belly on me! i went down as low as 98 and that was far tooooooo low for me. i think I look best around 110 but each to their own.
  • padikate
    Options
    I'm 5'6, my current weight IS my high weight - 260 lbs. My goal is 150.... and I think I can make it!